maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Keyboard layouts for Jolla's Sailfish OS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91917)

Silwer 2014-01-01 18:26

Re: Keyboard layouts for Jolla's Sailfish OS

Thank You cstom!

However, now I have most likely very stupid question - I have folder EE extracted to /home/nemo/Downloads/. I need to copy the content of this folder to /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla.

As there is no Copy/Paste supported file browser available for Jolla. I need to copy files using terminal.

Is the following command correct: cp * /home/nemo/Downloads/EE /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla

nodevel 2014-01-01 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwer (Post 1402818)
Thank You cstom!

However, now I have most likely very stupid question - I have folder EE extracted to /home/nemo/Downloads/. I need to copy the content of this folder to /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla.

As there is no Copy/Paste supported file browser available for Jolla. I need to copy files using terminal.

Is the following command correct: cp * /home/nemo/Downloads/EE /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla

It depends in what folder you are and what privileges you have.

Writing inside /usr/share/... requires being root. You can achieve that using
Code:

devel-su
, but be **very** careful. You should not run commands as root unless you know what you are doing.

Anyways, the command is wrong (it would copy everything from the folder you were currently in) :) Use this:
Code:

cp -R /home/nemo/Downloads/EE/* /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/
(the -R (recursive) switch allows you to copy not only files, but also folders)

Silwer 2014-01-01 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstom (Post 1402798)
Here you go :)
Estonian keyboard with 4 arrows.

Just installed. In portrait mode keyboard is ok. However in landscape mode lower row buttons widness remains the same as in portrait mode - too short and not using whole screen wideness.

cstom 2014-01-02 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwer (Post 1402845)
Just installed. In portrait mode keyboard is ok. However in landscape mode lower row buttons widness remains the same as in portrait mode - too short and not using whole screen wideness.

Yes, it is mostly fixed-width -- as I wasn't able to test landscape.
How to get landscape keyboard? All applications I've tried are locked in portrait mode... :-/

Update: I've found only Android apps to test landscape. However, for some reason the cursors doesn't move in Android. Anyone knows why? ;-)

abmgan 2014-01-02 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordi (Post 1400662)
Here is a French-Swiss keyboard (clavier Suisse Romand), remove the .txt in the end.

Add the following lines in the layouts.conf file:

[fr_ch.qml]
name=Francais Suisse
languageCode=FR-CH

Restart your Jolla afterwards or restart maliit server as explained by dcihlar:

systemctl --user restart maliit-server.service

Hello,
I've received my Jola on Monday and I thank you verry much for this swiss keyboard...but how can I edit "layouts.con" file to finalize install ?
Thanks in advance for your help

Jordi 2014-01-02 14:53

1 Attachment(s)
I use PSPad for file editing.

Here is the layouts.conf file modified for all the native keyboards plus the French-Swiss one.

wisdomlight 2014-01-03 11:01

any chance for hebrew keyboard?
any chance for the code that needs to be input for those who are not computer literate?

Bundyo 2014-01-03 12:01

Bulgarian Phonetic now also available as an RPM in the first post. I can add the .spec/yaml files if someone needs them.

thlaine 2014-01-04 19:01

I just got my Jolla today and so far it is very enjoyable. The only major concern for me is the lack of Korean input system. Following examples of this thread (thanks guys!) I was able to successfully create and install kr.qml and kr.conf files. Unfortunately inputting Korean is more complex than that. While each key represents an alphabet, words are formed from syllables. Syllables are formed by combining 2-4 alphabets into a "squared" syllable, for example:

ㄱ = k
ㅣ = i
ㅁ= m
김 = kim

N9 seems to have support for Korean input but I have no idea whether it would work for Sailfish OS.

Do you guys have any ideas about this? What's needed for creating a more elaborate input mechanism such as Korean? I haven't got much experience with Maemo/MeeGo/Sailfish coding but I'm willing to give it a shot if someone could give a hint where to start.

Final question: is there any way of enabling Android's keyboards in Sailfish OS?

Thank you for reading!

RbN 2014-01-08 19:09

French "ergonomic" layout fr-bépo : https://pad.lqdn.fr/p/sailfish-bepo