maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [BETA RELEASE] PhoneME Advanced (Java Mobile) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81969)

DavyP 2012-01-30 13:13

Re: [TESTING] PhoneME Advanced (Java Mobile) prototype release

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] (Post 1157819)
Full screen mode - screen is redrawn once a text entry box is clicked, after that it works fine.

Weird, I don't have to do this on the MADDE emulator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] (Post 1157819)
Where does PMEA create the configuration settings for Opera
after it has finished installing? I may need to add a symlink to the
MyDocs folder and SDCard

Midlet configuration information and PIM data are usually stored
in one of the subfolders of:

/home/developer/phoneme/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc/appdb

Davy

geneven 2012-01-30 13:59

Opera and microemo-demo worked fine on my N900, impressive speed. I didn't test much.

[DarkGUNMAN] 2012-01-30 15:27

Link to thread on forum.meego.com to follow feedback from meego community.

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=5653

kolos 2012-01-30 15:48

1 Attachment(s)
DavyP, is it possible to change code page to Central and East European Latin (Windows-1250 or ISO-8859-2)? Some characters are missing in Slovenian OperaMini.

kolos 2012-01-30 17:07

5 Attachment(s)
I found these dictionaries and tested English-Croatian 0.61n MIDP-2.0 Max which works quite fine with stylus. :)

my .sh file
Code:

#!/bin/sh

$PWD/bin/cvm -Xmx12m -Dmicroedition.profiles=MIDP-2.1 -Dsun.midp.library.name=midp -Dsun.midp.home.path=$PWD/midp/midp_linux_fb_gcc -Dcom.sun.midp.mainClass.name=com.sun.midp.main.CdcMIDletSuiteLoader sun.misc.MIDPLauncher -suitepath /home/user/MyDocs/KODi_ENG-HRV_v0.61n_MIDP2.0_FULL.jar -jadpath /home/user/MyDocs/KODi_ENG-HRV_v0.61n_MIDP2.0_FULL.jad -1 MainCl

DavyP 2012-01-30 18:20

This is not a code page issue, but a font issue. The phoneME VM is only able to draw a certain subset of characters because it uses a builtin font bitmap with those character to draw them. It is actually a bit more complicated: the font bitmap is first converted into C code that draw these characters as fast as possible. This C code is compiled directly into the VM, so not easy to replace, and it is not possible to convert all characters this way due to the huge amount of code it would generate.

I would need to rewrite the text drawing routines to use Qt4's backend rather then the built-in techniques. This is not straightforward to get right, because when done wrong it could significantly affect the text rendering performance.

Some midlets come with their own text rendering techniques. The Opera Mini 4.2 in the above screenshots and the dictionary application seem to be two examples. They circumvent the text drawing routines by drawing everything themselves on a midlet Canvas or GameCanvas.

So yes, I am aware of the issue, and when I have time I will look into it.

Davy

[DarkGUNMAN] 2012-01-30 18:22

Note: ROTATION does work, as well as full screen. Requires going into a text entry screen where there is a very brief green flash before appearing the correct size and orientation.

Screenshots to follow when I get home

Arthuro_Adam 2012-01-30 19:08

I tried with an N9, but it doesn't work for me.

I copied the files to the root directory (/phoneme) then I tried to launch opera.sh but permission denied.

What did I wrong?

freemangordon 2012-01-30 19:48

@DavyP - can't believe how fast is opera, thanks a lot man. There is a little problem though - JVM segfaults on exit.

EDIT:
segfault happens only when started under root account.

[DarkGUNMAN] 2012-01-30 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam (Post 1158035)
I tried with an N9, but it doesn't work for me.

I copied the files to the root directory (/phoneme) then I tried to launch opera.sh but permission denied.

What did I wrong?

If you extracted to root folder as root, your user account probably won't have rights over it.

I'd recommend extracting it to your $HOME folder instead. Don't know what it is on the N9, but MeeGo CE is /home/meego. Create a /home/meego/phoneme folder and try it there.

You may have to set permissions on the folder as well.