maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia 770 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Just bought the 770...Many Questions/How To...PLEASE HELP!!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=8205)

wick001 2007-07-27 14:23

Just bought the 770...Many Questions/How To...PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok i just bought the nokia 770, and have many questions...See Below. Please help if you can, and list exactly where to download, how to install.

1). How do you get AIM on the 770?

2). There is only 1 internet radio station on my 770, how & where do i get more?

3). How do i update my flash player?

4). Youtube videos don't work, Myspace music wont play, Pandora.com internet radio freezes my 770... HOW TO GET THESE TO WORK?

5). Is there a way to play wmv videos?

6). Where to go and how to install & download apps?

Someone with the know-how please help me with these, please describe in detail how to do it.

THANK YOU!

GeneralAntilles 2007-07-27 15:05

Re: Just bought the 770...Many Questions/How To...PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wick001 (Post 63522)
1). How do you get AIM on the 770?

Read up on Jabber protocol forwarding on google, this will allow you to communicate with the built-in Jabber client rather than using GAIM (pidgin), which is bloated and inconvenient. netlab.cz is the host I use.

wick001 2007-07-27 15:37

can you tell me how to do this?

As well as the other items i listed?

mhzhch 2007-07-27 15:39

2) go to shoutcast.com there are hundreds of internet radio links you can add

jweinel 2007-07-27 16:09

If you need the answers to your questions immediately, I suggest that you use the "search" feature at the top of the forum index page. All of the questions you ask have been answered in this forum. It takes a little effort on your part but you don't have to wait until the experts sign on and get a chance to reply.

gog 2007-07-27 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by wick001 (Post 63522)
Ok i just bought the nokia 770, and have many questions...See Below. Please help if you can, and list exactly where to download, how to install.

3). How do i update my flash player?

4). Youtube videos don't work, Myspace music wont play, Pandora.com internet radio freezes my 770... HOW TO GET THESE TO WORK?

You can not upgrade the Flash on the 770.

Youtube videos can be played via UKTube , Search for it in the forums here and you will find information on it.

gbm 2007-07-27 18:58

Ok, I'll try and answer your questions although it is easier to search

1). How do you get AIM on the 770?, I didnt know that jabber could be adapted for this as generalantilles said, I just use Pidgin, which allows you to install all the protocols you need - yahoo, msn/live, aol etc which is what I do. Just visit http://pidgin.garage.maemo.org/ and follow the instructions - pretty straight forward, some problems can be encountered though, just search any error messages you get

2). There is only 1 internet radio station on my 770, how & where do i get more? - I havent used it but shoutcast looks quite good, also bbc radio stations can be used, but they automatically go through the video player instead for some reason - probably because its real media,

3). How do i update my flash player?, cannot update flash player, perhaps you can be hoping for an update from nokia but at the moment - no flash updates

4). Youtube videos don't work, Myspace music wont play, Pandora.com internet radio freezes my 770... HOW TO GET THESE TO WORK?. First of you will need python for the 770 - search maemo.com and also UKTube/UKMP which is available here:

5). Is there a way to play wmv videos?, erm I'll pass on that question, I dont know

6). Where to go and how to install & download apps?. Easiest bet is to go to www.maemo.org and look throught the 'downloads' section, also there are application catalogues that have been released with lists of available applications and games.

Sorry I couldnt put more hyperlinks in, for some reason maemo went down whilst trying to access it for the areas, safest bet is to search this site and maemo.org for everything listed.

wick001 2007-07-28 14:24

ok what does python do? i tried downloading it from maemo doest work. i jusst want to know how i can get myspace music & videos to play, how to update flash, with the new 2007 os does it fix this? please tell me how to play myspace music & videos, update flash or firmware etc,

megabyte405 2007-07-28 15:26

Use the search feature - flash 7 is the most recent version on 770. (You can't install the most recent 2007 OS with Flash 9 on the 770 - it's for the N800.) A lot of people view online videos using UKTube, as mentioned above. Install it (search!) - you need to install python first, which is why that was mentioned. These forums have lots of information - search them before posting questions to see if someone already answered it.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Slakker 2007-07-29 00:05

Use the damn search function, for god's sake...all of this has been answered approximately 90 times by now.

If you don't know how to use Linux, either learn or return your 770.