maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fanboy'ish (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90604)

TheoX 2013-06-30 18:30

Fanboy'ish

No, Jolla is going to be the greatest fail of the 2013 - 2014. The forums will be filled with people with complaints. Also the Jolla will have the worse support, based on community and not special trained personal.

I have some questions. Who will be producing the Jolla Phone hardware? Some chinese "13 megapixel" company that also produces fake phones? Is somehow Jolla OS related to Android (as base framework) and Windows Phone as design? Because after I saw all the screenshots it's very related to Windows Phone and iOS7.

And if both answers are YES, then why you bother buying this crappy sh*t? Ohh yeah I forgot, you're just fanboys like those IPhone guys, or like Samsung (brainless people who wants a specific brand just because -=404. no explanation found=-).

I never understood why the project, why so many supporters, and I would really like some explanations.

Ariadeno 2013-06-30 19:04

Re: Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Why are you bothered by the fact that some company is creating something new? You really don't make sense at all since you are the one complaining people are dedicated to certain (not innovative) phone brands, yet the one who loathes everything related to a company that is trying to be innovative.

Are you one of those, who are happy with the current monopoly which drives everyone out of business who is doing something fair or innovative?

When Jolla will arrive, people will have at least a reason to follow a trend.

This forum is crawling with people (I am one of those) who have passion for open-source software, hacking, geekiness, doing things that the phone is not designed for, etc.

And buying a Samsung phone may not be the best choice according to you or me, but calling people brainless for doing so is in my opinion idiotic.

If you don't like the crowd here we've got a brilliant slang called GTFO.

nokiabot 2013-06-30 19:58

what a slang its get the **** out na:eek:

juiceme 2013-06-30 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1355807)
Is somehow Jolla OS related to Android (as base framework) and Windows Phone as design? Because after I saw all the screenshots it's very related to Windows Phone and iOS7.

Now I am surprised that you are asking these questions, as somehow based on the earlier thread I talked with you (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=75) I was under the impression that you have been part of the development team for an android ROM.

Surely if you ar a hacker like that you have been following Nemomogile/Mer development and you know the answers already?

TheoX 2013-06-30 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1355860)
Now I am surprised that you are asking these questions, as somehow based on the earlier thread I talked with you (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=75) I was under the impression that you have been part of the development team for an android ROM.

Surely if you ar a hacker like that you have been following Nemomogile/Mer development and you know the answers already?

Well to be really sincere, it was a passion and it still is, but sometimes I just need a phone THAT WOULD WORK with no mods, no hacking, and whenever I have a problem with it I just don't want to make another mod, or use an allready made mod, I just want it to work. I hope you understand. I was under the development of Android ROM for LG Optimus One, we were a team that wanted to bring that device to compete to the newer devices (about 2 years ago) and we were working on the ICS porting. But we never got the chance to finish it, WHY? Because we were small, because nobody cared to much about this project, because everyone that owned a Optimus One bought something else JUST because "it's taking too long", and yeah, it was obvious it was taking too long, because this project was sustained by 5 students and some donations to buy us more coffee to work... Another letdown was some libs for the ARMv6, we wrote many petitions and get a lots of votes, but the drivers never came, so our ROM reached a semi-stable version and then died, because everyone of us was sick and tired of this project and this phone and got some closed source os...

Quote:

Why are you bothered by the fact that some company is creating something new?
And what's that new stuff you are talking about. Except that tha fact that is Open Source it looks awfully identical with Windows Phone. Sorry to break it down to you...

Quote:

And buying a Samsung phone may not be the best choice according to you or me, but calling people brainless for doing so is in my opinion idiotic.
No you misunderstood, why? Because you are just another Fanboy. I wasn't talking about Samsung itself, or Apple, or Nokia, or Blackberry, or HTC, or Sony (and I could go on with all the phone manufacturers) it was about the mentality of the USERS. They are the dumbfu*ks. I loved the N900, but it had problems, so it was not good, I am not fanatically waiting for a new miracle phone, I just went to another company and got a phone that matched my needs (after some research).

Quote:

who have passion for open-source software, hacking, geekiness, doing things that the phone is not designed for, etc.
Until today, what are the things that you made your open-source software on your phone do that the phone was not designed for? Answer me this. Ohh yeah, some of you (as I saw in a thread early) are still trying to convert a image to PDF... Function that is developed for the other big brands for a long time.

Quote:

If you don't like the crowd here we've got a brilliant slang called GTFO.
Well this is a foum, so if you don't know to read you can "GTFO". The question of the thread was "Will you buy the Jolla phone?" and being a user of this forum I sincerely answered the question and telling the reason why not. WAKE THE F**K UP FANBOY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1355860)

If you want something that can do that just go and get Sony Vaio UX-280P or the VGN-P688 and trust me that will match your hacker needs! :)

juiceme 2013-07-01 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1355867)
If you want something that can do that just go and get Sony Vaio UX-280P or the VGN-P688 and trust me that will match your hacker needs! :)

Yes, those are just beautiful devices, but with few limitations; Neither is a phone device and battery life sucks.

nokiabot 2013-07-01 05:14

i like those but if it had phone capability then i can think :)

don_falcone 2013-07-01 07:39

Quote:

And what's that new stuff you are talking about. Except that tha fact that is Open Source it looks awfully identical with Windows Phone. Sorry to break it down to you...

Here, you definitely lost it. Looks aside, the foundation ms of Jolla's OS were discussed one thread too many over the last months.

Quote:

Until today, what are the things that you made your open-source software on your phone do that the phone was not designed for? Answer me this. Ohh yeah, some of you (as I saw in a thread early) are still trying to convert a image to PDF... Function that is developed for the other big brands for a long time.

Here, you definitely have a valid point. But what do you expect when people here still _want_ to use FM transmitters...
In the meantime, i enjoy HD panoramas without any stitching involved, HDR without any manual intervention, generally fast operation without f*ckups, and things like Word Lens to help me understanding friggin' signs while on the road. Oh yeah, and PIM functions are just... nearly feature-complete & reliable.

What i don't get _now_ is why you cried when both your N900s broke. I mean, its not that you seem to miss them?

Quote:

Well this is a foum, so if you don't know to read you can "GTFO". The question of the thread was "Will you buy the Jolla phone?" and being a user of this forum I sincerely answered the question and telling the reason why not. WAKE THE F**K UP FANBOY!

Sheeesh..... don't wake up the ivory tower's guards.

Quote:

Interesting... While i certainly have an eye now and then on UMPCs, i've never seen those. Thanks. But it's Sony.

Ariadeno 2013-07-01 08:37

Quote:

No you misunderstood, why? Because you are just another Fanboy. I wasn't talking about Samsung itself, or Apple, or Nokia, or Blackberry, or HTC, or Sony (and I could go on with all the phone manufacturers) it was about the mentality of the USERS. They are the dumbfu*ks. I loved the N900, but it had problems, so it was not good, I am not fanatically waiting for a new miracle phone, I just went to another company and got a phone that matched my needs (after some research).

You should stop acting and overreacting like a crybaby. I wonder how many times you have used the word 'fanboy' on this forum. It has got to suck being one, right?

I am pretty sure you were the one overreacting to every post regarding WP by praising your WP phone and telling how amazing and perfect it is. And expressing your contempt about EVERYTHING a competitor does is just another sign of your fanboyism. Lumiaman's endorsing post explains a lot.

This isn't the first time you're arguing with someone here. I swear I saw you once say some racist abuse to nokiabot which makes you pretty much a pathetic person.

Dave999 2013-07-01 11:02

lets make it simple. Let me be the fanbouy or whatever you can't agree or dissegree on. I could even help you start a new fanboy thread.

will any of you fanboys purchase the jolla device? I cant make it from your letest posts.