maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Alternatives (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Palm OS] Garnet VM virtual SD card (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=14391)

migs 2008-01-04 15:54

[Palm OS] Garnet VM virtual SD card

Garnet VM has been working well on my n800, I just wish it had a "virtual" SD card option. Alot of Palm apps require an SD card to funtion correctly.

It would also be great if Resco Exporer that I have running on Garnet could browse the Nokia's card files that way I could uzip and zip any files on my device Resco does it so well including encryption...

sgosnell 2008-01-04 16:08

Re: Garnet VM virtual SD card

Yes, it would be nice, but it doesn't work. GVM has lots of shortcomings.

PinCushionQueen 2008-01-04 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by migs (Post 120767)
Garnet VM has been working well on my n800, I just wish it had a "virtual" SD card option. Alot of Palm apps require an SD card to funtion correctly.

It would also be great if Resco Exporer that I have running on Garnet could browse the Nokia's card files that way I could uzip and zip any files on my device Resco does it so well including encryption...

Yeah... I requested this on the Access feedback site - they don't respond to bugs or suggestions though, so I'm not even sure they're reading any of the feedback that I've submitted.:(

migs 2008-01-04 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen (Post 120787)
Yeah... I requested this on the Access feedback site - they don't respond to bugs or suggestions though, so I'm not even sure they're reading any of the feedback that I've submitted.:(

I suggested this on Access site as well

TA-t3 2008-01-04 16:46

Anyone dared to try Softick's ram drive yet?

If it worked it would maybe be easier (read: possible) to get data _out_ of the system by copying it there with e.g. FileZ and figuring out something from there.

migs 2008-01-07 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TA-t3 (Post 120816)
Anyone dared to try Softick's ram drive yet?

If it worked it would maybe be easier (read: possible) to get data _out_ of the system by copying it there with e.g. FileZ and figuring out something from there.

Unless I did it wrong, I have tried both Softtick Ram Drive and Palm RamDisk both crashed Garnet VM:(

Please Palm fix!

rainbow 2008-06-26 17:31

i have a question, i am using n800, and installed GVM, and i was installing alot of palm os programs into it and working really well, but now i am having problems with not enough memory when i hotsync programs into it. How do I get GVM to use the memory from my SD card? I don't know how to change the location of the memory, well basically i don't know what to do.

Pushwall 2008-06-26 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow (Post 196208)
i have a question, i am using n800, and installed GVM, and i was installing alot of palm os programs into it and working really well, but now i am having problems with not enough memory when i hotsync programs into it. How do I get GVM to use the memory from my SD card? I don't know how to change the location of the memory, well basically i don't know what to do.

Hopefully that's a feature in their next release. Right now there's no way I know of to access the SD card while in Garnet VM.

fanoush 2008-06-27 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushwall (Post 196232)
Hopefully that's a feature in their next release. Right now there's no way I know of to access the SD card while in Garnet VM.

Yes, looks like it is currently most wanted feature
http://tabletblog.com/2008/06/few-wo...any-about.html
"The results of our Garnet VM survey indicated that accessing the host file system/memory card is the second top most wanted feature after support for Full Screen. Now that the GVM beta 2 provides full screen rendering, this has become the most wanted feature."

Pushwall 2008-06-27 11:21

Thanks for that link. It's nice to know there will be another update later this year. It'll be interesting to see what new features are in the next release.