maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N810 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hardware Easter Egg? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=10730)

benny1967 2007-10-19 17:17

Hardware Easter Egg?

What are the chances of finding another easter egg inside the N810?

IIRC, back when the 770 came out, it wasn't clear from the start that it had a microphone. Then Nokia didnt mention the FM radio in the N800.

What do you think? Whats inside the N810? Espresso machine? Toaster? Hard cover? Laser pointer? Or are we certain that hardware-wise the N810 is so close to the N800 that we won't see any surprises?

EDIT: No! A missing SD-slot doesn't count as an easter egg (except that you can keep searching it forever...).

brendan 2007-10-19 17:18

Re: Hardware Easter Egg?

supposedly the fm radio wasnt the eater egg on the n800. i think at this point, the 400Mhz CPU may have been it.

benny1967 2007-10-19 17:22

... seems somebody found the answer in a different thread.

kotzkind 2007-10-19 17:43

Maybe the wlan-chip is wimax capable after flashing new firmware? n800 and n810

jzencovich 2007-10-19 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotzkind (Post 84420)
Maybe the wlan-chip is wimax capable after flashing new firmware? n800 and n810

I don't think it quite works that way. That like taking a flashlight, and putting different batteries in it hoping that a Laser comes out instead of light. I don't know the exact frequencies and power output of WiMAX, but I know that it's higher than WiFi (at least if I recall correctly). Anyone want to back me up on this?

Hardware Easter Egg? Maybe an actual WiMAX chip/antenna. Or a 2+ Megapixel Camera? Or maybe ANOTHER FM radio? :D

Though I don't think "easter egg" is the appropriate term. Easter egg is supposed to be something hidden and funny that the devs put in, with not necessarily much usage intended. Like a hidden video of an 810 EATING an iPhone somewhere deep in the filesystem. Now THAT would be an easter Egg I'd like to see :)

brendan 2007-10-19 18:03

@benny

according to texrat, the fm radio was not the easter egg

fpp 2007-10-19 18:12

yes, Texrat, now the 810 is out, can you tell us what that easter-egg-that-is-not-the-radio is ? Or is it still a secret because it's in the 810 too ? :-)

krisse 2007-10-19 18:19

I wish the Easter Egg would be TV Out...

Texrat 2007-10-19 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by fpp (Post 84432)
yes, Texrat, now the 810 is out, can you tell us what that easter-egg-that-is-not-the-radio is ? Or is it still a secret because it's in the 810 too ? :-)

Heck, they didn't even tell me about the N800 FM radio, and I was helping launch the silly thing!

Sorry, no idea...

HumanPenguin 2007-10-19 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzencovich (Post 84425)

Though I don't think "easter egg" is the appropriate term. Easter egg is supposed to be something hidden and funny that the devs put in, with not necessarily much usage intended. Like a hidden video of an 810 EATING an iPhone somewhere deep in the filesystem. Now THAT would be an easter Egg I'd like to see :)

LOL Now that wqould be cool. Maybe not the iPhone but the iTouch (closest real mainline competitor)

I have the image of a iTouch and a N810 sitting on the dashboard of a car. The N810 slides open legs pop out ALA transformer style it stands up and starts stamping the iTouch. after much metal mangling and stamping a Mini SD card is left the n810 opens its slots and slides it in.