maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should MeeGo developers continue to publish info on this forum for maemo users (wrt Nokia device support)? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73896)

tswindell 2011-06-10 09:54

Should MeeGo developers continue to publish info on this forum for maemo users (wrt Nokia device support)?

I'm posting this poll, because I'm interested to know how many people on talk are genuinely interested in what goes on with regards to our MeeGo offerings for Nokia Maemo hardware platforms, like the N900 and N8x0 devices.

Hurrian 2011-06-10 10:06

Re: Should MeeGo developers continue to publish info on this forum for maemo users (wrt Nokia device support)?

They don't need to keep us updated - we all know where the DE page is, and it's great to see the bugtracker BLOCKER bug list shorten every 2 days.

Although knowing the community, if something big happens, such as Meego DE surpassing Maemo 5 in every aspect, it'll likely be posted, cross-posted, plastered and regurgitated multiple times all over maemo.org.

fw190 2011-06-10 10:10

Re: Should MeeGo developers continue to publish info on this forum for maemo users (wrt Nokia device support)?

They will do what they want. It's their choice.

jedi 2011-06-10 10:12

Personally I'm not interested in MeeGo. If it ever reaches the stage where it's a viable alternative to Maemo on the N900 then I might have a look.

Maemo for me mostly works absolutely fine. The only issue I have is with the closed source bits which are hampering clever people here from developing the OS further.

tswindell 2011-06-10 10:17

Thank you, all valuable information. Please keep it coming :)

tswindell 2011-06-10 11:38

Posting to bump up the thread to maintain visibility.

ysss 2011-06-10 11:59

The current numbers are 22 vs (3+1), showing an overwhelming majority (84.6%) of us interested in following MeeGo as it relates to maemo and our device(s).

And I think it answers a question someone has asked here before:

Quote:

So what is stskeeps doing on this forum? why is he not on MeeGo.com where he should be concentrating his efforts as this IS after all MAEMO.ORG and always will be !.
It underlines how big a loss the community has suffered over stskeeps's departure. (Though I wish him well with whatever he chooses to do)

jedi 2011-06-10 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysss (Post 1026419)
The current numbers are 22 vs (3+1), showing an overwhelming majority (84.6%) of us interested in following MeeGo as it relates to maemo and our device(s).

The numbers will be a bit skewed as someone who isn't interested in MeeGo might overlook a thread with "MeeGo" in the title! I almost did ;)

tswindell 2011-06-10 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi (Post 1026421)
The numbers will be a bit skewed as someone who isn't interested in MeeGo might overlook a thread with "MeeGo" in the title! I almost did ;)

Not interested in people that are not interested ;) It's a yes and no poll, though I left the other option for those that are at least interested enough to express their indifference :)

In Stskeeps absence, he's deleted his account, I will probably take the place of notifying the maemo.org community, through talk.maemo.org of any worthy updates and news. This is actually the reason for the poll, some particularly vocal members, will, I hope, take notice of the views here. If it swings the other way, I will probably remove myself from talk.maemo.org as well.

erendorn 2011-06-10 12:38

tmo is the natural place for n900 owners, but meego is the only thing that is likely to evolve on it in the long term (non whistanding the fact that only maemo is way more usable right now).

So please do post updates on Meego here. There is a specific section explicitely for this, so I don't really see a reason not to.