maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [poll] Sailfish ambiences popularity (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100547)

pichlo 2018-11-11 13:01

[poll] Sailfish ambiences popularity

The idea is to have a bit of light-hearted fun, please do not take it seriously.

Two options ought to be enough for everybody :D

Dave999 2018-11-11 13:07

Re: [poll] Sailfish ambiences popularity

Fun. A POLL! I am always up for a good time! Please remove ambience and put refund in the Q instead(at least in your thoughts)

By the way. I VOTE yes.

Exacly as usuful as sailfish... if anyone find sailfish useful is a completely different animal :D

gaelic 2018-11-11 14:52

YES, fast switch between Ringtone and Silent, including indication by color & wallpaper.

Manatus 2018-11-11 15:06

No: I find the potential of Ambiences high, but the feature is far too limited as it is for now.

Five years and still counting... ;)

Edit: I also have to give thumbs up for theming support such as this in the place. We should not take that as guaranteed (iPhone).

kinggo 2018-11-11 15:42

no, not really. But I never used profiles in any phone even before sailfish.
Except back in the very old days of monochrome LCD display when I used to have one with light on for the night and one with off to get better battery life. Funny thing, no matter what you did with the phone then, 5 days was like normal. And I was trying to extend that.

nthn 2018-11-11 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manatus (Post 1550484)
No: I find the potential of Ambiences high, but the feature is far too limited as it is for now.

Five years and still counting... ;)

Edit: I also have to give thumbs up for theming support such as this in the place. We should not take that as guaranteed (iPhone).

I agree entirely.

peterleinchen 2018-11-11 20:03

In principal: yes (voted)
but definitely not in the shape it is, since how many years?

Markkyboy 2018-11-11 20:36

Somewhat pointless, difficult to truly develop being closed source. Visually not very clever, obscures text in many cases. Does not allow for a full Black and White theme/ambience.
As for the inverted theme now applied, well, too little too late and still does not make the device any more attractive.
Synopsis = crap/poop/shite/waste of time.

rob_kouw 2018-11-12 07:36

Voted yes, although I'm not too happy now. Ambiences should really be a combination between the current visual and sound settings, and Situations. Or rather Situations the way it was allowed to work before security measurements were taken.

Silent is useful, although I think Whatsapp sounds may still come out. But I want Car (with Bluetooth and geolocation automatically switched on).

Oh right, I want a blue light filter in the evening. Except for Salamander and Intense, all Ambiences contain so much blue!

atlochowski 2018-11-12 09:55

In current state ambiences don't have sense to me. At the begining idea of ambiences was awesome but it's still nothing more then sound profiles on other OSes.
I miss mute in pulley menu on lock screen which was removed in SailfishOS 3. It was enough for me. I don't need ambiences in current state and big ambience switcher in top menu.