maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Situations app - bugs, questions, answers, help etc.. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94442)

Schturman 2015-01-11 06:48

Situations app - bugs, questions, answers, help etc..

For now I didn't saw any post/thread about this except jolla store. It not so convenient and you not always get answers by this way.
Hope author (hhaveri) will come here and help/answer to us, also help of users are welcome.

Schturman 2015-01-11 06:50

Re: Situations app - bugs, questions, answers, help etc..

And first question, someone know where is located users config files after setup app ? I want backup them.

th80de 2015-01-11 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1456210)
And first question, someone know where is located users config files after setup app ? I want backup them.

At least any change on your situations config modifies following file:

/home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-situations2application/situations2/situations

-Thomas

aegis 2015-01-11 09:08

It looked interesting but failed at the first use for me. I set it to switch the sound off between 23:00 and 08:00, which it did, but an alarm at 07:15 didn't make a sound.

I've gone back to the Night Silence app.

romu 2015-01-11 09:34

One solution would be to trigger in plane mode instead of silent.

nodevel 2015-01-11 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegis (Post 1456218)
It looked interesting but failed at the first use for me. I set it to switch the sound off between 23:00 and 08:00, which it did, but an alarm at 07:15 didn't make a sound.

I've gone back to the Night Silence app.

Just tried it and it works as it should - alarm went off including the sound.

That being said, I am using a testing version which is not yet released, so you might need to wait a few days before it hits the store.

hhaveri 2015-01-12 06:02

Hey,

Thanks for setting this up! I'll try to participate as much as I can.

As an "official" first answer:
All application data is indeed stored under /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-situations2application/

And yes, a fixed version of the app is in Harbour QA that should resolve many (all?) of the reported problems with cpu usage, reliability & notifications.

- Heikki

hhaveri 2015-01-13 12:27

Since Harbour QA seems to be taking its time, here's a direct download link for the fixed version:

http://www.pastillilabs.com/situatio...46.armv7hl.rpm

EDIT: Seems to be available now also in Jolla Store

Br,
Heikki

Schturman 2015-01-13 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhaveri (Post 1456399)
Since Harbour QA seems to be taking its time, here's a direct download link for the fixed version:

www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish/harbour-situations2application-2.4.46-46.armv7hl.rpm

Br,
Heikki

Thanks !
And if someone need auto-start after reboot, can use this one until hhaveri will implement this to Situations.
https://openrepos.net/content/schtur...situations-app

LVPVS 2015-01-13 20:44

Hej,

@hhaveri, I noticed that an already known (paired) Bluetooth device does not trigger any situations. I can't even find a device if it is already paired. Still with the latest version.
On a SGS3, this function works.

Thanks for posting a direct link! By the way, this way we could easily have a version that 'autostarts'... :rolleyes:

LVPVS out.

hhaveri 2015-01-14 05:55

Thanks for the report! I'm working on improved BT detection - current version does only detect direct scan results.

Br,
Heikki

LVPVS 2015-01-14 10:09

Hej,

Now, that explains it. Thanks for the heads-up! :)
While waiting for the improved BT 'When', I simply disable the Situation using it.

The latest version of Situations works like a charm, by the way! :)

Thank you,

LVPVS out

LVPVS 2015-01-15 19:07

Hej,

I noticed also that Bluetooth audio does not trigger no situaton when 'Audio' is set as 'When'.
It would be cool, though...

Kiitos,

LVPVS out.

rob_kouw 2015-01-15 21:07

I was wondering: will Situations consume a lot of battery? I'm using Schturman's Auto-profile changer now, so there's only a check on time running. Situations based on wifi, bluetooth, cell could possibly cause more battery use?
Thanks!

hhaveri 2015-01-15 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_kouw (Post 1456791)
I was wondering: will Situations consume a lot of battery? I'm using Schturman's Auto-profile changer now, so there's only a check on time running. Situations based on wifi, bluetooth, cell could possibly cause more battery use?
Thanks!

WiFi and Bluetooth are currently based on scanning the available networks / devices on 1 minute interval. So in general, they do increase power consumption to some degree. WiFi scanning in general is quite efficient however and BT will be improved at least for paired devices in the future. And in some distant future I might introduce an option to adjust the scanning interval and/or to make both conditions fully reactive, which should help the power consumption in some cases.

Cell condition does not really cause any increase since it is not based on polling. Same goes for Time, Accessory & Battery.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also worth noting is that if you combine for example Time condition with WiFi, then WiFi scanning happens only while the Time condition is active. So that way it is possible to limit the impact on battery.

hhaveri 2015-01-20 09:46

Jolla Store mobile interface seems to clip the changelog, so putting it also here (at least this time):

* Tue Jan 20 2015 2.4.48
- Improved Bluetooth detection
- Improved Launch action application list ordering
- Improved use of wakeup timers
- Tapping notification now launches the UI
- Fixed notification localisation
- Fixed behavior over application restart
- Further updates to EULA allowing multiple installations

* Thu Jan 8 2015 2.4.46
- Fix user reported problems mainly related to notifications, power consumption (high cpu) and reliability
- Improved notifications by showing up-to-date data with rapid changes
- Small update to EULA allowing multiple installations

* Mon Dec 22 2014 2.4.42
- Initial version for Sailfish

EDIT: Any further feedback on the bluetooth functionality is welcome as I have very limited testing capability. Especially it would be useful to know if BT headset works as an audio accessory now (with Accessory condition).

LVPVS 2015-01-20 11:59

Hej,

@hhaveri Thank you very much!

The new version is working like a charm.
It now detects already paired Bluetooth devices.
It also detects Bluetooth headset/headphones as audio accessory. (This way I can differentiate two different Situations in my car: One for hands free, the other for music streaming. Depending on the need.)

I explicitly tested what you asked for in your 'EDIT' with my Nokia J and a Sandberg Bluetooth headset/headphones. Both triggers a Situation as audio accessory, just like the wired headset.

Kiitos,

LVPVS out

LVPVS 2015-01-21 11:02

Hej,

Bluetooth-triggered Situations are working like a charm, however; as I noticed they had a huge impact on battery usage. The more BT devices to check the more load it presents.

With CSD tool I saw 50-100 mA increases in average.

I am now using "Audio Accessory" as a trigger instead of BT.

Kiitos,

LVPVS out

hhaveri 2015-01-22 06:50

Yes, Bluetooth condition can be a real power hog depending on environment and if used without any other limiting conditions.

Another thing to announce here: Found a bug from the Mobile Data plugin that may crash the app when mobile network is not / has not been in use (at least after sim-less reboot). So it is recommended to update the plugin. Visiting Features page and restarting the app should do it.

minimos 2015-01-22 06:53

Question: let's say that I set to have e.g. the timeframe 23:00-06:00 (or when in range of my wifi home SSID) to Silent mode, so I come home and the phone switches to silent mode.
What happens if, because I'm waiting for a phone call, I manually exit silent mode?
Does Situations sees that phone is at home and non-silent and force again to silent mode? Or after a condition has triggered once it won't re-trigger the action again until it detects a change of conditions (i.e. until I leave home and return back, in my example) ?

hhaveri 2015-01-22 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimos (Post 1457556)
Question: let's say that I set to have e.g. the timeframe 23:00-06:00 (or when in range of my wifi home SSID) to Silent mode, so I come home and the phone switches to silent mode.
What happens if, because I'm waiting for a phone call, I manually exit silent mode?
Does Situations sees that phone is at home and non-silent and force again to silent mode? Or after a condition has triggered once it won't re-trigger the action again until it detects a change of conditions (i.e. until I leave home and return back, in my example) ?

Situations are evaluated normally only when there is a change in conditions observed. So the manual state in your case should remain until 06:00 or when WiFi changes. However, the safest of course would be to temporarily disable automation for that situation (by left swipe).

Br,
Heikki

romu 2015-01-23 09:14

Hi,
I'm really happy with Situations. I've created a Situation, called Night where my phone is switched to plane mode between 23:00 and 8:00.

This works great, except this morning, Situations didn't trigger in normal mode at 8:00. Is there a way to diagnose what happens in order to help a bit?

Last question, I've installed the Situation Auto-Start from OpenRepos, since Situations has been recently updated, is this still necessary?

Thanks.

hhaveri 2015-01-23 10:06

No, there's unfortunately no good logging / diagnostics implemented at the moment. Did the correct situation trigger when you launched the application? And have you updated the Mobile Data plugin (if installed)? Just wondering if the background process had crashed for some reason...

romu 2015-01-23 10:21

Pretty strange because, it is 11:20 where I am. The normal situation should be "none" (as it is when everything works), and currently, it is still to "Night". No Mobile Data plugin. The Situation process seems to be alive, at least visible in Lighthouse.

hhaveri 2015-01-23 10:32

Ok, so it seems like the wake-up timer has just failed for some reason. And if there has been no reason to evaluate the situation after 8:00, it won't change by itself until tomorrow morning. For now you can of course de-activate the situation manually or disable & enable the automation to get it back to correct state.

I need to investigate what could cause the timer to fail and how to make it more robust.

romu 2015-01-23 11:09

ok, thanks for the help.

romu 2015-01-26 13:10

You were right, it was just a "one time" missed event.

Now, I've another, reproducible issue. I've a Music situation which is triggered when the headphones are plugged in. Then, the Media application is supposed to be run.

This has worked well. But since the last update, it doesn't work anymore. When I plug in my headphones, my Music situation is well triggered, but the Media application is not launched.

hhaveri 2015-01-26 18:21

I did update the Launch action in the last update. Maybe I accidentally broke something there :( Could you try removing & adding the action again?

Sorry for the inconvenience - I'll try to be more careful with the updates.

th80de 2015-01-27 11:14

It would be really nice when I could change the ambience during night to a black one to reduce the screen backlight as much as I can when checking the clock at night.

Is switching the ambience triggered by an app possible on Sailfish? If yes, could you implement this?

Best,
Thomas

hhaveri 2015-01-27 12:51

I haven't looked at this in depth yet. But so far my understanding is that with a Harbour app it is currently not too well supported use case. At least user generated ambiences seem to be priviledged data.

Calendar, contacts & ambiences are the three biggest areas where I hope Jolla would open up APIs so that applications like Situations could work better. But I guess it's up to the community pressure to make Jolla increase the priority of these...

romu 2015-01-27 13:22

Thanks. I deleted the situation, shutdown the application (not the process itself though), created again the situation and same. Media is not launched.

LVPVS 2015-01-27 13:39

Hej,

I have a "Morning" Situation that starts a weather app and the Jolla Calendar in the morning. It is time-triggered (and won't be triggered if some other Situations are).

It is working like a charm.

LVPVS out.

hhaveri 2015-01-28 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by romu (Post 1458399)
Thanks. I deleted the situation, shutdown the application (not the process itself though), created again the situation and same. Media is not launched.

Can you share what application is it and where is it available? Or do you mean the built in Media app (which launches fine at least for me)?

romu 2015-01-28 13:03

Built-in Media app.

R1v3r 2015-02-03 07:05

Hello All and especially hhaveri!

Thanks for the great app! This is what I have been looking for and I accidentally bumped in to this Situations app!

Few points that I have been thinkig. Is there possibility to add in Situation Time OR BT? As far as I have tried, there is only Time AND BT available, but canīt be used or function.

And how do I make this app to choose, what Situation is more "powerful"?

For example, when I am entering car and car BT is recognized, there is still home situation working, while my home SSID on wifi is active.

Iīm gonna use this app all the time :)

Best Regards,
Mikko

hhaveri 2015-02-03 07:39

Hello,

There's currently no possiblility to choose "OR" inside a situation, but you can emulate it by creating two situations, one for BT and one for Time, and then create a third situation that uses the first two as a condition.

You can have multiple situations active at any time. If there are overlapping actions in those situations, the lower you go on the list, the higher the "priority" gets. So, by ordering the situations (most generic at top) you can control which actions take precedence. Ordering happens by long pressing items on the main list.

Hope this helps!

Br,
Heikki

R1v3r 2015-02-03 08:07

Hello hhaveri,

Thanks for the quick answer!

I did not try to run these as opposite. I just thought that higher the situation is so the higher it would be in priority also :)

But is is the other way!

And yes, I can create multiple situations. It is not the problem, I just thought if there is a possibility, that I just canīt find :)

Best Regards,
Mikko

zagrim 2015-02-11 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhaveri (Post 1457557)
Situations are evaluated normally only when there is a change in conditions observed. So the manual state in your case should remain until 06:00 or when WiFi changes. However, the safest of course would be to temporarily disable automation for that situation (by left swipe).

Br,
Heikki

Hi, and thanks for the app.

There's one feature related to this that I'm currently missing as a user of Llama on Android: the ability to have a timed override of the rule set. For example, I can use that for enforcing a silent profile during a 2 hour meeting without having to remember to re-enable the normal rules afterwards, while being sure that no condition change will trigger the normal profile before the timer has run out. Or, during a night at a bar, I might want to enforce a loud profile overriding any silent modes that normally get triggered for the night.

In the case of Situations this might mean adding a timer option to manual disable/enable actions. It's slightly more problematic here than with Llama, though, since more than one situation is allowed to be active simultaneously. In Llama there are separate profiles which are triggered by events (the events roughly correspond to situations in your app).

hhaveri 2015-02-11 10:20

Thanks for the feedback! Timed manual activation of a situation is on TODO list - not sure how soon there will be enough time to implement it though. It's mostly a UX issue anyway, but haven't figured out yet how to do it the best way - all suggestions are welcome ;)

A bit off-topic for this forum, but besides the timing option, is there something else that you would miss from Llama with the Android version of Situations (which does have more features available currently than the Sailfish version)?

wrm 2015-02-11 10:34

Amazing app by features, but had to uninstall because of battery draining. 5% drop in 5 minutes. O i'm doing something wrong? Just set timing on flight mode, nothing more.