maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nokia 770 OS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96160)

leonicholson 2015-11-14 18:48

Nokia 770 OS

I use a Nokia 770 as a dedicated ebook reader and am unable to connect to my wireless router.

I would like to find downloads for reflashing and installing FBReader offline from Windows 7. I haven't been able to find a single site that I can connect to for downloads.

Which OS would be best and where can I download a package that I can Install from my Windows laptop?

Where can I find a FBReader package that I can install onto the Nokia from my Windows laptop?

Thanks.

endsormeans 2015-11-15 02:12

Re: Nokia 770 OS

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonicholson (Post 1488171)
I use a Nokia 770 as a dedicated ebook reader and am unable to connect to my wireless router.

I would like to find downloads for reflashing and installing FBReader offline from Windows 7. I haven't been able to find a single site that I can connect to for downloads.

Which OS would be best and where can I download a package that I can Install from my Windows laptop?

Where can I find a FBReader package that I can install onto the Nokia from my Windows laptop?

Thanks.

For reflashing I would suggest hackers edition 2007...
you could go with the latest 2008...but you may find it has some issues...I have found in the past it had some quirks. But hackers 2008 will have more and greater compat with apps that are in line with diablo/ chinook.
https://web.archive.org/web/20131117.../#sdk_releases

As far as host computers go...
If you are a M$ user...xp works best and least issue free.
win7 can work alright ...installing libusb will most likely be necessary.

"Where can I find a FBReader package that I can install onto the Nokia from my Windows laptop?"
I don't particularly see the need...since you should be able to automatically install all the catalogues necessary for the 770 FROM your 770 via gronmayer...(WARNING! make sure to disable or remove current catalogues from the application manager (under the drop down menu in app. man. under "tools" then in "Application Catalogue") BEFORE adding gronmayers epic 770 list . Otherwise conflicts will occur.)
Then just open your application manager and install fbreader.
OR
From your 770 ...Just go to the download section here at Meamo Central click on os2006 or os2007 or os2008 ...depending on the firmware you are decided on running...and hunt down fbreader there...hit the install arrow

If you wish to have a ton of potential applications to download...

I'd suggest checking out gronmayer's and specifically use the search function for fbreader to narrow the search for the package and make sure it works with your 770. Odds are there are fbreader packages there meant for other os's that may or may not work. some testing may be needed to find the right fbreader packages for you and the os you wish to run whether it is official nokia 2005 - ...or either of the hacker editions...

good luck.

leonicholson 2015-11-15 15:32

Could you tell me exactly how to flash the Nokia with Windows?

I really appreciate your aid. :)

endsormeans 2015-11-15 17:35

Jeez....
It's been a looong time since I flashed my 770...
I'd suggest a prewritten walkthrough like....
this one..
http://mg.pov.lt/770/reflash.html
It's for os2006 and as well you would need a linux system on pc running to flash. I'd suggest booting up your pc with buntu or debian on a usb flash stick and doing it that way. Easiest. Without a lot of time or hassle or mucking with your win7.
http://www.schoenke.com/tyler/nokia770/#InitialSetup
this section...hell this page was also invaluable...
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/...d_on_Nokia_770

leonicholson 2015-11-15 23:54

Was able to use the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard and load any of the 770 OS. :)

None of the Maemo OS will allow connecting to the internet, so I'm trying to find out how to load FBReader offline from my PC.

endsormeans 2015-11-16 00:14

1- Great ...you reflashed.
2- What on earth are you talking about?
Of course you can connect to the internet.
you do have wifi at home correct?
or there is a coffee shop nearby you can test your connection on...correct?
then go into the menu and look for your connectivity settings...you should be able to set them according and specifically for your wifi..or seek wifi connections automatically...
I really suggest you google on the needed topics...and / or read up on the manuals in the wiki.
It seems to me you really need to bone-up on the basics.

leonicholson 2015-11-16 01:21

Actually, I've been reading every article I can find. You gave the only advice that worked for flashing. :)

Connecting the 770 to wifi has been a problem for a long time, according to what I've found.. I've only gotten OS2005 to find any of my wireless routers and none of the OS's will work with "n". None of the other OS's find any of my routers. There are articles about 2.4GHZ and other problems. Kinda over my head.

I can live without wifi, but it does make installing FBReader difficult for me.

I do appreciate your advice, especially since one of my dead 770's now works perfectly after being flashed.

endsormeans 2015-11-16 01:32

Yeah the 770 has some issues with connectivity.
Solving them requires some small study and application of it.
But in the end it is easier than the following...

As far as installing apps offline.
As I mentioned ...keep in mind ....gronmayers meta cat. ...
other than that...
you still can go into the downloads section of maemo here...
on your win7 pc...
pick the apps you wish...hit the big green obvious download arrow...
and save the app to your pc...then transfer it over to your 770 via usb.
If you feel adventurous and wish to try more demanding apps which require dependencies which are not included with the app. ...
there are plenty of methods to achieve what you need to in round about ways.

If you need your fb fix right now.
and you just aren't interested at this time in spending the time...
here you go
https://fbreader.org/content/maemo

endsormeans 2015-11-16 01:59

It solves the immediate fbreader need.
But does not solve the bigger issues.
You need to get your wifi working.
then everything is easily installed.
Otherwise you will not just be downloading on to your pc and then transferring to your 770 the apps you later will desire...but more than likely all the needed dependencies as well.
I highly suggest you solve your connectivity issues.

leonicholson 2015-11-16 02:00

Bless you my son. Now have OS2007 Hacker Edition and FBReader.

Figured out to copy the files to the SD card and install from File Manager.

Will try to connect to wifi at McDonalds or somewhere to see if that will work.

I really love the Nokia's as ebook readers. So portable. The one "we" just fixed was $13 on Ebay. Just won an N800 for $17 to play with next. :)

endsormeans 2015-11-16 02:12

Bone up on all the solutions for connectivity.
Save as txt or offline webpages onto your 770 sd card
all the possible solutions to dealing with wifi issues on the 770.
THEN go to McDonalds.
Then you can troubleshoot what you need to there ...if necessary....
without needing wifi access you can't get from your 770 if it has connectivity issues.
In other words.
Don't show up at McDonalds with no solutions to try.
It'll make for a short trip and disappointment.
In even other words ...
It means you got some homework to do tonite before going to McDonalds tomorrow.

"Bless you my son" ?
really?
I'm guessing I'm much older than you and it should be the other way around...or you are a priest ...(in which case I most assuredly will burn for my insolence..)
either way...
You're welcome...
No worries dad...
:D

leonicholson 2015-11-16 02:15

At 72, almost everyone else is a kid to me.

endsormeans 2015-11-16 02:17

hahahaa....
well then you are old enough.
whew!
well that's better than burning in hell because I was cheeky to a priest!

endsormeans 2015-11-16 02:18

Best advice I can give at the moment is...
don't eat the bacon.

non-Mcdonalds advice...
considering you got your device up to 2007 hacker edition so effortlessly...
I highly suggest going all the way and getting 2008 hacker running...
it is a little more intensive...but well worth the effort...since it means "almost" compatibility with the n800/n810 line of apps.
Making it on par almost with them.

I do suggest finding a used n800 and / or an n810...
you will find them much easier, more powerful and more enjoyable to use...as well as way more applications that you can play with.

leonicholson 2015-11-16 02:30

Just won this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321885309436

I love toys, especially when the price has dropped to almost nothing. I still program from home and support oil & gas projects via the internet. The N800 looks interesting.

endsormeans 2015-11-16 15:30

Well that was bizarre.
Power outage while I was writing .
Put me in the dark for the night.
Candles fireplace and my n800 with a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Not a bad way to spend a chilly night.

Oh my yes the n800 is interesting...
You'll love your n800.
I suggest the links in my signature for starters.
You'll still love your n770
but you will probably end up using it as a book reader or perhaps for music ....the n800 will end up weaseling it's way into your heart more and more.

leonicholson 2015-11-16 16:38

Is there any advantage of the N810 over the N800?

pycage 2015-11-16 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonicholson (Post 1488299)
Is there any advantage of the N810 over the N800?

The N810 has a hardware keyboard and GPS, while the N800 has FM-radio. Otherwise the specs are the same.

leonicholson 2015-11-16 18:04

Do the 770, N800 and N810 use different chargers?

Thanks

endsormeans 2015-11-17 02:11

Sorry been out most of the day...
yeah what he said :D
n810 keyboard and pain-in-the-butt gps and only 1 sd card slot
n800 fm, no keyboard, no gps, 2 sd card slots
Both are great devices in their own.
the n810 keyboard is one of the finest I've ever used.
the casing is well done too for the n810.
The n800 is grand with the 2 slots...excellent for putting multiple os's on it. Grand for running the system off the internal card slot and having all your stuff on cards for the external card slot.
No built in keyboard...there is always usb, there is bt keyboards, ir keyboards...lots of option there. So it isn't a detriment ...I have a few diff keyboards...cheapest one is a hand held bt keyboard for 5 bucks from china...works great.
I have a few of both the n800 and n810...
I couldn't choose if I was told to.

Both the n800 and n810 use the same adapter...
I suggest the more block like travel adapter ...and I suggest getting 2 ...one as a back up.

Battery types between the two are different though.
I suggest a minimum of 4 batteries for any of the models.
that way you have one you run into the ground as a plugged in all the timer.
2 as your travel batts
and one as back up
always store in a cool dry place.
Some have stored in fridge or freezer with good extension to lifespan.
Make sure any stored batt is sitting at roughly a 66% charge.
Don't store with a low charge nor a full charge.

leonicholson 2015-11-17 02:20

I have an N800 from Ebay being shipped now. Will probably get an N810 too, as they are cheap toys. Being semi-retired, I have time to play with them. With the Nokia Software Update Wizard, it only takes a couple minutes to try an OS and there seems to be a lot of programs for the N800's.

I'm hoping the N800 will deal with my wifi better tnan the 770.

endsormeans 2015-11-17 03:03

You shouldn't have any probs with the n800 and wifi.
I do suggest the walkthroughs and the links in my signature to get the most out of your n800 or n810.

leonicholson 2015-11-17 16:48

I'm definitely going through your stuff.
Also just bought an N810 on Ebay.

Will I need to format the SD card for the N800?
Will I need to do anything to use 64GB card?

endsormeans 2015-11-17 17:11

It depends...
fat32 is the natural choice for simply having stuff...movies, music, books, etc...as storage for your NIT.
I suggest freshly formatting a card on your pc with a format utility..I believe I mention one of the best with a link to it ...it will work on win7 as well...esp. a new card before doing anything with it.
If intending to run an os off a card...precautionary 1st step is to format to fat32 (just in case) then follow the walkthrough for the easiest method of getting everything set up.
It's all explained thoroughly and simply...
the vid walkthrough should help as well...
if you have any issues that can't or aren't explained thoroughly...
tell me and I'll give you a hand in whatever way I can.

64 gb cards and higher can be sketchy ...
Best suggestion is 32gb and lower...
class 4 sdhc cards
you can use higher classes..
but the sweet spot is class 4 ...
the speed of higher can be problematic depending on your usage of it on your NIT

leonicholson 2015-11-19 15:21

Although I left topic long ago, have you tried something like this?

http://mobinubi.com/update-nokia-n800-to-5-0-lollipop/

endsormeans 2015-11-19 15:43

That I would not attempt.
They are misleading.
It isn't a nokia n800 they are talking about here.
More like mistakenly referring to the nokia n8-00 or nokia n8 in word only.
The methods of putting android or rather nitdroid (in particular for the actual n800) are not as simple nor as easy as is suggested.
The performance and functions which do not work consequently do not make it something I would flash over diablo turbo for.
There are chances that it will fail and potentially brick your device.
As well it is not lollipop...much older version of android / nitdroid which is compatible as well ...for the nokia n800.
I would avoid trying this at all costs.
The photos aren't even of a n800...not a NIT anyway.
Ordinarily I wouldn't suggest android / nitdroid on the n800...
except for research purposes by an individual knowing exactly what they are doing.
There are faaaar more os's easier, more interesting and that have more functionality to try with the n8x0's.
In point of fact ...my best suggestion in this regard is Easy Debian...
Even though it is old ...it still works admirably.
There is a huge long list of os's which individuals have gotten to run on the n8x0....to one degree or another of functionality.
I'll post a list of them all...the ones I know of and have researched...which is I believe all of them...here on this thread tonight.
It is a pretty long list I think you will be happy with.
But yeah ...normally I'd suggest avoiding installing android / nitdroid at the best of times for new people...
But this page isn't even meant for the n800 NIT proper.
Do not attempt.

leonicholson 2015-11-19 17:06

Thanks. Will not go there. Would appreciate list of other OS to play with. N800 & N810 should arrive soon. :)

endsormeans 2015-11-20 04:27

this list is of os's is not just a list of os's which fully function, but also os's which partially work to lesser or greater degree, and some os's work well still or used to work..but are incurrent disrepair and need work, are simply mentioned, referred to, or individual work has been done concerning them with the n8x0 ...
keep all that in mind.
there is a folder (somewhere around here) with I believe...browser bookmarks for easy reference instead of hunting for hours on end...

-Acorn
-Archimedies
-Risc os
-Angstrom
-Arch
-Atari800
-Deblet
-Dos
-Easy Deb
-Easy Mer
-Garnet (Palm os)
-Gentoo
-KDE
-Basilisk (Mac)
-Meego
-Mer
-MSX
-Openwrt
-Windowmaker
-Ubuntu (easy)
-E17
-Opensuse
-Mamona
-Poky - Yocto
-Funtoo
-Nitdroid
-XFCE
-Fedora
-Inferno (Plan 9)
-Emdebian
-Slackware
-AROS (amiga-esque)
-Linpus Lite
-Open Solaris
-Backtrack - Backhand -Kali
-Zenvoid
-BSD
-Win 3.1
-goowy, open webos, webos and such...
- other arm ports as well such as reactos have either done some work or mentions...
I may be forgetting some...
anyone who knows of any os missed ...chime in.

Then of course there are a handful of window managers as well...not to go into that..there aren't a ton...a few...but for now...this is about os's for the n8x0...

leonicholson 2015-11-21 16:32

Just received my N810, not a scratch on it.
It has OS800HE already installed.
It connects to the internet, unlike the 770.
I get numerous "Secure connection" messages. Any cure for that?
Also, with Skype, I get message to turn cookies on. ??

endsormeans 2015-11-21 17:32

Good.
It's in decent shape.
Nice that it has stock os2008 on it.
won't be HE though.
Stock is stock.
And that could be either chinook or diablo...
odds are it is diablo.
The odds it is diablo turbo are thin to zero.

To enlighten you some on the state of most purchased n8x0's and for the most part n900's I have purchased....
and I have purchased many...
given quite a few away to friends, family and colleagues...
99% of all n8x0's and n900's I have bought were either at stock or earlier firmware...and in ok to dubious shape all the way down to seeming pretty much bricked to a paperweight, quasi-bricked or appeared to be fubarred ..due to the past owner not knowing how to handle and take care of their device [and believe me it takes a lot of negligence and poor care over many years to foul the onboard firmware...]...and all were at latest released "stock" firmware or earlier...the same issue..the past owner not understanding or curious enough to explore the device...[ie- a number of n8x0's I have received were at chinook or earlier iterations. and a few n900's were at stock fremantle..or at best pr1 ...]. Most people who have purchased / purchase a n8x0 don't know the 1st thing about them or know what to do with them or have the curiosity or perseverance to do anything with them past installing applications from the download page here at maemo.org
They just don't know or don't care enough or are not curious enough to look for solutions to common issues.
And with time their device starts acting buggy ..has issues..and they just sell it...instead of dealing with it. Whether all it needs is a simple fix[es] or reflashing. or backing up their os onto a computer so...if there are issues...simple cloning of their perfect setup is quicker..and they haven't lost a heartbeat of time with setting everything back to the way they enjoyed their device from the dead start of reflashing.

You are fortunate that you got one in decent shape though.
Aren't they little tanks? :D
Solid solid solid.
Anyway.
Concerning your "secure connection" and "skype cookies" issue.
Let's solve that in one simple easy clean sweep.
Whatever is going on with that device currently is not relevant.
There are only 2 points to follow when getting a new / used unfamiliar (in the sense that it is unfamiliar to you as to what has been or hasn't been done to the device.) n8x0 (or n900 for that matter).

Point 1 - Don't bother fiddling with, adding to, subtracting from, trying to puzzle out whatever previous user generated problem there may be on what exists on it when you receive it.
In fact I suggest NOT powering it up anymore than absolutely necessary until you are ready for point 2.

Point 2 - Get a decent battery ( if it came with a decent battery that will hold a charge properly and for a good length of time...in a pinch a beater battery 2-4 hour charge may do....best is 6-7 hour charge..I don't highly suggest it...but I have done alllll that is necessary with a battery that was just old and beaten...I managed with a battery which could only hold a chage for 60 minutes...I don't suggest it :D....unless you are a masochist....since you spend alot of time letting the bugger catch up in it's charge before continuing with the process of setting up your n8x0 properly...) plug in your n8x0 to a wall outlet (don't power up) charge your battery fully. Get your usb to micro usb (for n810) ( for n800 it is usb to mini usb cable) (AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BASIC CONNECTIVITY BETWIXT YOUR N8X0 AND PC....you may need libusb installed..but that is all explained in said walkthroughs...) and go straight to "Pimp My n8x0" in my signature.
Read.
Read it twice.
Read it thrice.
Do exactly what instructions there are.
(And people...everybody... really...
it may seem very difficult and scary...
but it is actually very very very very easy...
for goodness sake follow through with the walkthrough and clone your os to an sd card.
There is the option not to....but only for the exceedingly timid.
The process isn't much more time consuming or difficult...
In fact cloning will save you time later if / when you have any problems...
and the benefits and empowerment you will get from it make the whole of the endeavour very worthwhile.
Hell....fundamentally it saves wear and tear to the onboard system....
if anything goes horribly...terribly wrong afterward..
with your system...
after cloning ...
it isn't the device that takes the hit and at worst gets bricked...
it's the cheap and disposable sd card that takes the beating...
and you simply reinstall onto a new sd card or clone your backup from your pc.....
Actually-actually....you could...after you get the swing of the process that is...clone the same pristine clean os onto a second partition on the same sd card...sooo...you have in fact ...a duplicate of your os ...twice...one to screw up :D ...and one ready to play with once you've screwed the 1st one up :D ...saves a whole lot of time...and makes things safer to experiment with...the best and safest set up there is for any device-line.)

So forget messing with a previous owner's issues.
Get ready to do what's gotta get done.

Hmmm...
I wonder...
Hallllllo Mr. friendly neighbourhood Moderators? :D
Could we move the entirety of this thread to ....say the os2008 subforum?
I know it is titled nokia 770....
but the majority of the content has moved to diablo-esque content.
and there is a great deal of info here which I'd hate to see get swallowed up in the "General" subforum and get lost....

leonicholson 2015-11-23 14:38

Your mentioning cloning to a SD card and liking puzzles is interesting. One of the two (A) N810's I bought is like new, but has a bad micro usb port. The other (B) is kinda rough, but works perfectly.

(A) Has screwed up WiMax OS and, although connects to wifi, cannot access application catalogs.

(B) Connects to wifi and accesses application catalogs normally..

As I cannot connect pc to tablet with usb on (A) to flash,

Is there any way to flash (A) with SD card?
or,
Is there any way to clone (B)'s OS to a SD card and use in (A) to boot from?

I haven't been able to find a disassemble guide for the N810 to fix the usb port on (A) and don't know if I would attempt to anyway.

endsormeans 2015-11-23 16:18

ok.
Now I really need to have a crystal clear understanding 1st.
You mention that you have 2 n810's?
I thought it was only one you were getting...
I didn't realize you purchased a pair of n810's...
If this is so...that was smart.
If my understanding is in error here please say so before I start going indepth into solutions that are not possible at this time for you.
In short..If you do have 2 n810's then yes you can pop in and use an os cloned sd card from another n810 ...
However it does not solve the problem of the issues of the n810 which needs reflashing, and proper setup.
And you would still need to install the proper boot loader to see the os on the sd card when it starts up.
You are starting to think outside the construct ...which is good.
here is a more concise (albeit short) thread on this particular topic.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=15374
Which will solve your problem.
There are other threads elsewhere here at talk maemo.
use the "Power Search" to the right ...in the column of on site links to find answers to questions.
Query "wording" is everything to finding the right answers for a specific solution for a specific problem.
And it is not as difficult as it sounds...although the process may appear daunting to a new person it isn't rocket science...and this little puzzle would speed up your learning curve and
You also have an edge with having the other n810.
Speaking of the problematic n810.
you mention it has wimax os on it?
Pop the back cover off
Pop the battery out
write down the info from the plate in there and compare/look-up what you see.
ie- n800= rx34 , n810=rx44, n810 wimax= rx48
It may be flashed with the wrong firmware...for the wrong device model.
the firmware in these lists....
https://web.archive.org/web/20131117...ev/nokia_N810/
for example... meant for a standard n810... will start with rx44 as can be seen.
which won't help for sure with issues.
Clearing that issue up may result in full functionality.
As far as application manager (from now on in conversation referred to as "app. man.") goes.
I'm betting the firmware isn't helping.
Also I'm betting the catalogues in the app. man. are nokia catalogues.
Which are gone.
They don't work.
Also I'm betting that even "maemo extras" catalogue isn't enabled.
Hence ...the most probable result is....
App. Man. "seems" broken.

1st thing.
Deal with the firmware issue...and flashing issue.
By the way...I know that you said the problem n810 won't connect via usb...
What have you tried?
Just plugging it in?
have you attempted to flash the firmware with the cable yet?
Give it a shot.
Make sure you know exactly which firmware you need 1st.
and have all pertinent stuffs ready as per flashing instructions found everywhere in the wiki, here at talk maemo, and my walkthroughs...first.

don't just hope to ride a half-solution like running an os on sd card... on top of another previous individ's created problems.
T
hat will lead to frustration and heartache.

After that flashing issue is properly dealt with ..all else is easy peasy

leonicholson 2015-11-23 16:38

I bought two on Ebay in case one wouldn't work I wasn't aware there were two models. One was regular, one was WiMax. The regular one looks worn, but works as it should.

The other,

Model N810
WiMax Edition
Type RX-48

This is the one with the bad micro usb port. I think it is a lost cause, as I can't flash without the pc connection. I will probably attempt to fix or replace the port itself, as it is pretty useless as is. I have done minor repairs, like replacing capacitors in TV's, so will see if I'm up to it. Only paid $23, so no great loss - although it looks like new with a perfect screen. Luck of the draw.

It will sometimes (seldom) connect for a few seconds if you wiggle and hold it, but it immediately disconnects. I know the cable is good as it works fine on another one.

endsormeans 2015-11-23 16:46

Well considering you have an excellent practical background/understanding...
looking on ebay will net you a replacement usb port.
It is much easier to replace the usb port than the n900 port.
the cost "may" be practical for a replacement port.
or another beater n810 to pillage for parts would do.

Or you could just pillage the screen and other parts...keyboard...the body...for your normal n810.
Or you could pillage the normal (beaten) n810 for the usb port and other sundry parts...
Of course it could end up you have crappy luck and then neither will work :D
But I doubt that will happen with your expertise and understanding...
Still...hm
Anyway
$23 isn't bad for essentially... complete n810 parts.
Your choice.
Frankly I'd try to find a replacement usb port and fix the usb 1st.
Failing that...parts.

leonicholson 2015-11-23 16:51

I would like to 1st try to replace the usb, 2nd swap the parts, but haven't found any instructions on taking the thing apart. There's always the challenge of trial and error. :confused:

endsormeans 2015-11-23 16:55

youtube possibly has a vid tutorial on disassembly.
I haven't done n810 tear-down in forever...
Hunting would find what is needed I believe.
I'll do some looking tonight as well and see what I dig up.

endsormeans 2015-11-23 16:58

I would highly suggest filming your tear-down.
That way you can see how you took it apart and hence can reverse your steps to put it together again.
For that matter ...when putting it back together...film that as well.
Film it all.
Post it on youtube as well.
The more walkthroughs there are the better.
It helps the next people...

endsormeans 2015-11-23 17:41

Couldn't stand it.
Had to look.
Me and puzzles...:D
here are manuals pertaining to the n810.
http://www.s-manuals.com/phone/nokia_n810
and this site has it for the wimax n810 as well..
http://www.cpkb.org/wiki/Nokia_N810_...atics_download
then there is this as well..
http://www.automotoguide.eu/nokia-n8...air-manual.pdf

there appears to be a n800 tear down on youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BorZkQ2Vo
haven't found a vid for n810 yet...
If you film the tear down and reassembly..and post it on youtube...it may be a first.

leonicholson 2015-11-23 17:50

Wow! I searched for hours with no luck. These are exactly what I need.

Thanks

endsormeans 2015-11-23 19:09

when searching on the web for n8x0 related content....
keep it concise.
don't limit your search to just one wording.
try the same query in multiple ways.
for example typing "nokia n800" will get you nokia 8 and nokia n8-00 responses as well...muddying up your results more.
also it is vague.
typing "nokia n800 internet tablet" or "nokia internet tablet" even ...
will narrow things properly.
typing "nokia n810 diablo --- (one or a couple words associated with specific query ie- disassembly ..) will help narrow results...
combinations...different wording for the same thing will also narrow the results.
go to my walkthroughs...somewhere in them is a direct link to my google drive.... for a folder... my nxx0 browser bookmarks and add them (import them) into your browser...
there may be a few that recently I came across that aren't added (I'll have to update it soon)
inside the browser bookmarks are subfolders pertaining to just about every topic ever needed for you... and inside ...requisite links.
It would make your hunting almost unnecessary...
and would also make study more enjoyable.
Actually ...here is the link to the google drive folder in specific.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...npiS21hSmtBRXM