maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Russian Open Mobile development based on SFOS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96714)

wx9 2018-09-18 19:20

Re: Russian Open Mobile development based on SFOS

Once again, it's not about "wants" at all.
Inoi R7 are issued to postal workers. There are rumors about certain bank employees as the next target group. The project is aimed to scale to "most of government officials" niche somewhere in 202x.

Dave999 2018-09-18 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wx9 (Post 1548644)
Once again, it's not about "wants" at all.
Inoi R7 are issued to postal workers. There are rumors about certain bank employees as the next target group. The project is aimed to scale to "most of government officials" niche somewhere in 202x.

Ok. So these postal workers need a special device with some one of the kind communication protocol. Sounds like valid reason to develop a new OS for that.

So these postal workers has to leave their iPhones behind and use this new lowEnd Hardware with very limited functionality.

This will be epic!

I’m sure I’m lacking some crucial information about this.

Anyone know who is working on this OS/phone? Is it RusCorp?

Will it be like astra-linux?

mscion 2018-09-18 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1548642)
So who wants to use these phones?

Probably nobody. Folks in government agencies will be required to use them under certain protocols to avoid eavesdropping, insure proper identification, create secure channels and so forth. Actually, I just made that up but it sounds like a good conspiracy theory for a spy thriller!

Dave999 2018-09-18 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1548648)
Probably nobody. Folks in government agencies will be required to use them under certain protocols to avoid eavesdropping, insure proper identification, create secure channels and so forth. Actually, I just made that up but it sounds like a good conspiracy theory for a spy thriller!

They gain little to no security by that. But it would at least be good if they managed to launch a Russian OS that was driven by Russia and released world wide similar to Android and iOS.

Basically the country can continue the living if Apple and Google suddenly decide not to sell to the Russian market for some strange reason. Then this global Russian OS could continue the operations for people and orgs.

But enough is enough and it’s now enough.

More information from Russians working with the actually thing is needed. So far we lack information and can’t be sure anyone actually developing something.

Zeta 2018-09-18 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1548649)
So far we lack information and can’t be sure anyone actually developing something.

I don't think you can trust anyone on this subject...
You should go there yourself to see it with your own eyes.
Have a nice trip ! :p

Dave999 2018-09-18 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeta (Post 1548651)
I don't think you can trust anyone on this subject...
You should go there yourself to see it with your own eyes.
Have a nice trip ! :p

No need. I have a plan.

Simply continue following jolla and that will eventually tell you everything you want to know.

mscion 2018-09-18 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1548649)
They gain little to no security by that. But it would at least be good if they managed to launch a Russian OS that was driven by Russia and released world wide similar to Android and iOS.

Basically the country can continue the living if Apple and Google suddenly decide not to sell to the Russian market for some strange reason. Then this global Russian OS could continue the operations for people and orgs.

But enough is enough and it’s now enough.

More information from Russians working with the actually thing is needed. So far we lack information and can’t be sure anyone actually developing something.

Well, you make an interesting point. Who knows, maybe these phones will be stockpiled in huge numbers in case WWIII breaks out. The good news would be that Jolla will have earned enough money to give you your refund with interest! One more thing, you know that in US certain governnent agencies are not allowed to use Huawei or ZTE made phones. So somebody is worried about security issues!

Dave999 2018-09-18 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1548653)
Well, you make an interesting point. Who knows, maybe these phones will be stockpiled in huge numbers in case WWIII breaks out. The good news would be that Jolla will have earned enough money to give you your refund with interest! One more thing, you know that in US certain governnent agencies are not allowed to use Huawei or ZTE made phones. So somebody is worried about security issues!

That’s not mainly security reasons I guess.

Can’t talk about here due to security reasons.

ste-phan 2024-03-05 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1548642)
So who wants to use these phones?

You wrote to history. Now where can I get one!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1548648)

My bet is the German government urgently needs them. Or their custom version of it.