maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The N900 is unlike any other present day phones (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44427)

x61 2010-02-14 04:32

The N900 is unlike any other present day phones

The N900 has proven to be the only modern day phone with primitive features from the 90s. Dont tell me I should have done my research because none of us here knows what an epic failure this phone will be simply by following what Nokia lists as "features" of the device. And those that knew the primitive nature of features such as the GPS maps are the developer and I can guranttee you that they dont have the N900 as their primary phone to perform navigation tasks. It is common for the N900 fanboys here to label people that show displeasure in the phone a "whinner". For Nokia to remain competative in the mobile industry, they must stop producing mediocre devices and the fanboys here have to start demanding more from them.

Gavin 2010-02-14 04:34

Re: The N900 is unlike any other present day phones

no

nokia is doing the right thing by making different devices for different people...

this is where nokia has always excelled...instead of making an all in one device...they simply make phones that cater to each individual needs...

the n900 may not be for you, but its perfect for me...

UNderworld 2010-02-14 04:36

lol.. here we go again for another 100+ replies........

Bratag 2010-02-14 04:44

For ****s sake mods - please can we put an end to this ****.

mrebanza 2010-02-14 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by x61 (Post 525556)
The N900 has proven to be the only modern day phone with primitive features from the 90s. Dont tell me I should have done my research because none of us here knows what an epic failure this phone will be simply by following what Nokia lists as "features" of the device. And those that knew the primitive nature of features such as the GPS maps are the developer and I can guranttee you that they dont have the N900 as their primary phone to perform navigation tasks. It is common for the N900 fanboys here to label people that show displeasure in the phone a "whinner". For Nokia to remain competative in the mobile industry, they must stop producing mediocre devices and the fanboys here have to start demanding more from them.

You are absolutely right . . . the Nokia N900 is just like the Nokia phones they made back in 1990

http://www.vintagemobilephones.com/M.../CT301%204.JPG

UNderworld 2010-02-14 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bratag (Post 525566)
For ****s sake mods - please can we put an end to this ****.

and please mods can we have only threads which praise the device???:rolleyes:

UNderworld 2010-02-14 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrebanza (Post 525595)
You are absolutely right . . . the Nokia N900 is just like the Nokia phones they made back in 1990

is that where they got the name from N900 from 1900's ??:eek:

jakiman 2010-02-14 05:38

It's better than any other phone currently on the market for my purposes. No competition.
If it's not for you, you didn't research enough. I reasearched enough and got what i wanted.

But yeah, N900 definitely has stuff it needs improving BIG time also.

UNderworld 2010-02-14 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 525604)
It's better than any other phone currently on the market for my purposes. No competition.
If it's not for you, you didn't research enough. I reasearched enough and got what i wanted.

But yeah, N900 definitely has stuff it needs improving BIG time also.

sorry, did u say PHONE?? another answer on "research".. lol...

by the way, I have summarised a few things after reading a few discussions (sorry going off topic)

If u want games, get a PSP
If u want a phone, get a proper phone
If u want loads of apps, get an iphone
if u want a music player, get an ipod
and the list goes on for every shortcoming....

why get a N900 then?

because if u want Internet, simply get a laptop. It might b cheaper and u will have a bigger screen:confused:

fatalsaint 2010-02-14 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNderworld (Post 525606)
sorry, did u say PHONE?? another answer on "research".. lol...

by the way, I have summarised a few things after reading a few discussions (sorry going off topic)

If u want games, get a PSP
If u want a phone, get a proper phone
If u want loads of apps, get an iphone
if u want a music player, get an ipod
and the list goes on for every shortcoming....

why get a N900 then?

because if u want Internet, simply get a laptop. It might b cheaper and u will have a bigger screen:confused:

If you have to ask.. it's not for you. No amount of explaining will help.

Hey everyone look... there's yet another "phone" on the market that has bugs and needs fixing!!!! That's soooo worth posting 30000 times in a forum over... :rolleyes: