maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [M5] [Announce] Yappari - New maintainership and new features! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94465)

ceene 2015-01-16 08:57

Re: [Announce] Yappari - New maintainership and new features!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frasier (Post 1456842)
Is it possible to put a link in the update notice where the new version can be downloaded? I cant find it in App Manager.

Done! When it is finally promoted, it'll be available at extras-testing, then testers will have to vote it to be promoted to extras, but for now you can download it from the links above.

Regards

Sohil876 2015-01-16 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceene (Post 1456854)
You're right, it's quite a bit dark. For the next release I'll lighten it a bit, with the default black background it's difficult to see.

That will be great, also how about only changing one tick to blue instead of both? i mean left one will be green and right one blue.

ceene 2015-01-16 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sohil876 (Post 1456860)
That will be great, also how about only changing one tick to blue instead of both? i mean left one will be green and right one blue.

I'd absolutely do that if Yappari was not trying to follow Whatsapp, but I'd rather not confuse people with different symbology between the official client and ours... but I do like the idea, nonetheless.

Maybe it's time to think about skins, so everyone can choose their own icons?

baboo 2015-01-16 10:37

I am not using yappari anymore, but fixing the 'always online' thing which scorpius refused to implement before,would be appreciated .

ceene 2015-01-16 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by baboo (Post 1456867)
I am not using yappari anymore, but fixing the 'always online' thing which scorpius refused to implement before,would be appreciated .

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about that, I must have missed some posts on the old thread. Could you explain it?

Thank you!

coderus 2015-01-16 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceene (Post 1456869)
I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about that, I must have missed some posts on the old thread. Could you explain it?

Thank you!

Yappari always sending available presence. Need an option to choose between available and unavailbale.

insanelysexy 2015-01-16 11:12

@ceene @coderus :

hey, please tell me what do i need to recompile yappari?? i already have scratchbox. is that enough ??

ceene 2015-01-16 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1456870)
Yappari always sending available presence. Need an option to choose between available and unavailbale.

Oh, that's indeed useful, and I believe Whatsapp does that as well.

I can't promise anything because I don't know the reasons Scorpius had not to do it and maybe it's hard to implement, but I'm creating an issue right now at github and if it's possible I'll definitely try to make it happen.

ceene 2015-01-16 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanelysexy (Post 1456873)
@ceene @coderus :

hey, please tell me what do i need to recompile yappari?? i already have scratchbox. is that enough ??

Yes, you only need scratchbox, yappari's source code and its dependencies (and build dependencies). You can download them with apt-get build-dep yappari if your sources.list is properly configured, or can look at debian/control and see there build-depends parameter.

ekze 2015-01-16 11:43

Thanks for keeping this project alive!

From the old thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekze (Post 1456303)
Is there a way to sync images with the server in Yappari?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceene (Post 1456313)
What do you mean by that, ekze? I don't have any Android at hand so I don't know if that's some feature of the official client.

I'm not sure about official Android client, but on Whatsup (Harmattan) there is a feature Sync Images right beside Sync Contacts. Using that we can keep pictures of all users in contact list up to date, I think the only way to update a user picture is to manually click on a user and then click on picture and Yappari will request it from the sever.