maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N800 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   When is the next firmware coming? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=9189)

Toontje 2007-08-26 14:13

When is the next firmware coming?

I'm really looking forward to have this bl**dy Wifi problems fixed once and for all.

Ton.

janjansenbe 2007-08-27 18:52

Re: When is the next firmware coming?

Hi, I don't have any 'wifi' problems currently. Did you generate a bug report for it ?

iball 2007-08-27 18:53

$20 says it's your wi-fi router/AP.

pieter_jh 2007-08-27 19:15

I actually thought that the smooth implementation of wifi roaming and bluetooth connectivity is one of the best features of the N800. Getting online is amazingl easy. One slight comment - I tether to a Nokia E61i, and when trying to connect using its 3G, i always have to close all internet connected apps on the phone (web, fring) before the N800 will tether, instead of it just climbing onto the existing connection. Is this a bug in either device or a shortcoming of the protocol?

Toontje 2007-08-27 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by iball (Post 71494)
$20 says it's your wi-fi router/AP.

If it's my router, why did this problem occur when i upgraded the firmware and why doesn't mave my PC, Mac and Wii have this problem?

Ah, and yes, a bug is filed. I'm talking about the famous wlan_sleep_timeout bug. I'm just wondering how long it takes before this problem is definitively solved.

Ton.

Texrat 2007-08-27 19:50

First time I've seen this. Has anyone else experienced it?

johsua 2007-08-27 20:08

What is the bug number? what is the problem exactly? i may be having the same issue, but i think it's due to using my wife's ibook as our router... If I try to stream music, use google talk or skype it drops about every five minutes. I do not get this happening on my thinkpad which is also routed through the ibook.

In about 5 days I'll have a real router, so I am hoping that will end the problem.

iball 2007-08-27 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toontje (Post 71509)
Ah, and yes, a bug is filed. I'm talking about the famous wlan_sleep_timeout bug. I'm just wondering how long it takes before this problem is definitively solved.

Ton.

So you didn't search in here and find the correct key to change to set it back to the settings used in the last firmware?
Search...it's in here.

Toontje 2007-08-28 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by iball (Post 71514)
So you didn't search in here and find the correct key to change to set it back to the settings used in the last firmware?
Search...it's in here.

I know it's in here. I opened the topic AND the bug myself... It's just that ONLY changing the values in gconf doesn't solve the problem. Strangely enough, hiding the SSID does help...

But the problem is besides the point, the problem has been discussed over and over again and the bug is there including the votes (if they didn't change the product in the bugtracker and removed all the votes like on many other bugs at the moment...

My question was, and look at the title of the thread, when the next firmware is coming and if the problem gets fixed so i can be accessing the internet again as if i was on the previous firmware. This Wifi problem spoils 90% of the fun with the N800 for me.

Ton.

Pete From PA 2007-08-28 08:25

Woke up early this AM, figured I'd toss in with a 'no wifi problems here.' I'm loving my N800, which seems to connect quickly to available wifi and hangs right in there with excellent stability.