maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   When will Maemo 5 be provisionable? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44836)

Tex14 2010-02-17 12:47

When will Maemo 5 be provisionable?

and provide provisioning for Mail for Exchange so I dont have to carry two devices at once?

cashclientel 2010-02-17 12:48

Re: when will N900 act like a real computer......

Exchange sync is supported by the device? Are you saying you've got a problem with yours that means it isn't working?

Works fine for me anyway.

Rob1n 2010-02-17 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex14 (Post 532034)
and provide provisioning for Mail for Exchange so I dont have to carry two devices at once?

I doubt it'll ever happen with the N900 (not on Maemo 5 anyway). In order to validate the provisioning, you need to be able to guarantee the integrity of all the components. With the level of control the user has under Maemo 5, this is unlikely to be possible (hence the introduction of a separate "DRM mode" for Harmattan).

If you feel strongly about this, then please do vote for the relevant bug so that it actually gets brought to the attention of the developers.

HangLoose 2010-02-17 13:03

works for me.

Tex14 2010-02-17 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashclientel (Post 532038)
Exchange sync is supported by the device? Are you saying you've got a problem with yours that means it isn't working?

cant sync with my server.....other nokia devices are all fine

Rob1n 2010-02-17 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashclientel (Post 532038)

Exchange sync is supported, but provisioning is not. What this means is that if your company has a security policy in place which includes requirements for mobile devices connecting to the Exchange server (minimum password length, ability to remote lock/wipe, etc), then the N900 will not work.

Tex14 2010-02-17 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1n (Post 532070)
Exchange sync is supported, but provisioning is not. What this means is that if your company has a security policy in place which includes requirements for mobile devices connecting to the Exchange server (minimum password length, ability to remote lock/wipe, etc), then the N900 will not work.

I guess it is not a computer than

Alex Atkin UK 2010-02-18 00:34

Re: When will Maemo 5 be a provisionable device?

Does desktop Linux support it?

ewan 2010-02-18 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex14 (Post 533284)
I guess it is not a computer than

Um; so a device that's under the control of its owner isn't a computer, but a locked-down client that simply runs as an obedient slave to a remote server is?

I think you may need to adjust your idea of what a computer is.

noobmonkey 2010-02-18 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1n (Post 532070)

Thats interesting, works with NHS.net fine? - yet that forces minimum length, remote wipe etc.......