maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Council] Board Election Results and Council Election Cycle Update (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87466)

CommunityCouncil 2012-10-19 19:00

[Council] Board Election Results and Council Election Cycle Update

The results of the Hildon Foundation Board elections, Q4 2012 are now official.* Congratulations to all involved, and many thanks to the community for their support and their vote.

Please keep in mind that the Council election cycle is still going!* Nominations continue through the 28th, and voting will occur the first week of November!* There are currently four standing candidates for Council.

Link: Original article.

Dave999 2012-10-19 20:09

Re: [Council] Board Election Results and Council Election Cycle Update

Congratulations board of directors.

MartinK 2012-10-19 21:01

Congratulation ! :)

Estel 2012-10-19 23:32

Congratulation to new Board - I hope that, given this carte blanche. you will be able to rebuild trust to (and respect for) Maemo Community's representatives, greatly shattered, during last three months.
---

Out of curiosity - how many people voted?

/Estel

// Edit

Link to election results seems to be down. Might be just temporal issue (after all, we don't expect server breakdown due to extreme amount of people visiting results, do we? ;) )

Ken-Young 2012-10-20 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1282773)
[...]
Out of curiosity - how many people voted?

/Estel

The results page reports 174 non-empty ballots.

timsamoff 2012-10-20 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommunityCouncil (Post 1282669)
The results of the Hildon Foundation Board elections, Q4 2012 are now official.* Congratulations to all involved, and many thanks to the community for their support and their vote.

Thanks to those who voted. At the very least, I hope that the board serves its primary purpose -- adopting some bylaws and allowing this community to continue and flourish. What it looks like for this community to continue and flourish is a completely different (and open ended) question... I don't think any of us know.

As it's been a while since I've been "vocal" on this forum, I'll keep my post short and sweet. But, I hope to be back more to the extent that I can do my job as a board member.

Look forward to more posts, especially when pertaining to this community. And, feel free to contact any of the board members at board@maemo.org.

Best regards,
Tim

Estel 2012-10-20 02:49

I've been also able to get results (instead of "cannot load page"), and I'm super-positively surprised by them. Amongst three elected members of Board, two are living legends amongst Community members (you know who I'm talking about).

Despite disagreements between me and ivgalvez lately, it's obvious, that our third elect is completely dedicated to Maemo. While I was (and I am) critical for practices of last Council, it wouldn't be fair, to not notice Ivan's work and heart, put on what positive things last staff was able to achieve.

I'm absolutely sure, that working together, such great companion is able to achieve what we all hope for, despite time constraints. As I've sad earlier today - for the first time since months, I'm optimistic for future of Community after 31.12.2012.

Keeping my thumbs for you, guys!

gerbick 2012-10-20 02:57

I hope the in-fighting stops, progress happens, people that have been disruptive step aside and practice reticence and that we, as a community lend helping hands where they're needed.

Congrats. And thank you to the prior board of directors.

lma 2012-10-20 02:58

I'd like to offer my congratulations too, but I don't believe we have a board after this. The bylaws clearly call for a new election cycle in these circumstances.

gerbick 2012-10-20 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1282803)
I'd like to offer my congratulations too, but I don't believe we have a board after this. The bylaws clearly call for a new election cycle in these circumstances.

The old cycle had selfish people that rewarded themselves. The new cycle is the only one that you have problems with?

Stay active. Hope they listen.