maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Council] Board Election Results and Council Election Cycle Update (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87466)

CommunityCouncil 2012-10-19 19:00

[Council] Board Election Results and Council Election Cycle Update

The results of the Hildon Foundation Board elections, Q4 2012 are now official.* Congratulations to all involved, and many thanks to the community for their support and their vote.

Please keep in mind that the Council election cycle is still going!* Nominations continue through the 28th, and voting will occur the first week of November!* There are currently four standing candidates for Council.

Link: Original article.

Dave999 2012-10-19 20:09

Re: [Council] Board Election Results and Council Election Cycle Update

Congratulations board of directors.

MartinK 2012-10-19 21:01

Congratulation ! :)

Estel 2012-10-19 23:32

Congratulation to new Board - I hope that, given this carte blanche. you will be able to rebuild trust to (and respect for) Maemo Community's representatives, greatly shattered, during last three months.
---

Out of curiosity - how many people voted?

/Estel

// Edit

Link to election results seems to be down. Might be just temporal issue (after all, we don't expect server breakdown due to extreme amount of people visiting results, do we? ;) )

Ken-Young 2012-10-20 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1282773)
[...]
Out of curiosity - how many people voted?

/Estel

The results page reports 174 non-empty ballots.

timsamoff 2012-10-20 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommunityCouncil (Post 1282669)
The results of the Hildon Foundation Board elections, Q4 2012 are now official.* Congratulations to all involved, and many thanks to the community for their support and their vote.

Thanks to those who voted. At the very least, I hope that the board serves its primary purpose -- adopting some bylaws and allowing this community to continue and flourish. What it looks like for this community to continue and flourish is a completely different (and open ended) question... I don't think any of us know.

As it's been a while since I've been "vocal" on this forum, I'll keep my post short and sweet. But, I hope to be back more to the extent that I can do my job as a board member.

Look forward to more posts, especially when pertaining to this community. And, feel free to contact any of the board members at board@maemo.org.

Best regards,
Tim

Estel 2012-10-20 02:49

I've been also able to get results (instead of "cannot load page"), and I'm super-positively surprised by them. Amongst three elected members of Board, two are living legends amongst Community members (you know who I'm talking about).

Despite disagreements between me and ivgalvez lately, it's obvious, that our third elect is completely dedicated to Maemo. While I was (and I am) critical for practices of last Council, it wouldn't be fair, to not notice Ivan's work and heart, put on what positive things last staff was able to achieve.

I'm absolutely sure, that working together, such great companion is able to achieve what we all hope for, despite time constraints. As I've sad earlier today - for the first time since months, I'm optimistic for future of Community after 31.12.2012.

Keeping my thumbs for you, guys!

gerbick 2012-10-20 02:57

I hope the in-fighting stops, progress happens, people that have been disruptive step aside and practice reticence and that we, as a community lend helping hands where they're needed.

Congrats. And thank you to the prior board of directors.

lma 2012-10-20 02:58

I'd like to offer my congratulations too, but I don't believe we have a board after this. The bylaws clearly call for a new election cycle in these circumstances.

gerbick 2012-10-20 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1282803)
I'd like to offer my congratulations too, but I don't believe we have a board after this. The bylaws clearly call for a new election cycle in these circumstances.

The old cycle had selfish people that rewarded themselves. The new cycle is the only one that you have problems with?

Stay active. Hope they listen.

WilliePre 2012-10-20 08:28

Congratulations to Maemo's very 1st board of directors.

lma 2012-10-20 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1282810)
The old cycle had selfish people that rewarded themselves. The new cycle is the only one that you have problems with?

Please stop reading your own pet peeve into messages which have nothing to do with it.

The fact is that with Texrat's late withdrawal we're left with a two-member board which cannot function and according to the bylaws we must have a new election.

Of course that takes us into December at best before we can have a functioning foundation, which makes the handover of assets from Nokia before the plugs are pulled even less likely. C'est la guerre...

Estel 2012-10-20 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1282803)

"This" = :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 1282399)
EDIT: you know what? It's not worth it. Strike me from the Foundation.

I must admit, that I have missed this Edit sentence from Texrat, and now, after reading it from lma quote, I really chuckled - it looks quite the same as with joerg_rw's withdrawal of his candidacy, except for fact, that Randall did it just *after* election, when 86 people put trust on him, via their votes.

Honestly, I don't know what to say here. Generally, it would be very bad for Board to have members that take their toys apart, due to small critic (like Texrat got criticized for idea of putting our assets under Jolla wings - frankly, he got criticized due to good reasons, BTW).

OTOH, I just hope that it was just burst of unnecessary emotions. Sure, stepping down isn't something that you should do due to emotions (and I know something about it - I've though about stepping down for a month, before I actually did it), and considering time of "cadence", Texrat seems to set new, short record... On the other hand, again, he got mandate of 86 votes (before his unfortunate idea about Jolla and declaration of stepping down).
---

I'm quite sure, that it require, most of all, clarification from his side. Immediate one, I would even say. It would be nice to know, if we're proud of electing 1st Board (that won't go away due to feeling offended, on average rate of 1/week), or in total limbo and need for new election.

/Estel

SD69 2012-10-20 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1282882)
The fact is that with Texrat's late withdrawal we're left with a two-member board which cannot function and according to the bylaws we must have a new election.

Of course that takes us into December at best before we can have a functioning foundation, which makes the handover of assets from Nokia before the plugs are pulled even less likely. C'est la guerre...

First, let's wait to see if what Texrat said was an official resignation. I'm not sure I understand his reasoning or if he understands the circumstances.

But also, neither more than 2 Directors nor elections were ever a requirement for a functioning foundation. Only one Director needs to sign the document for handover of maemo.org from Nokia. The holdup on that is Nokia/Nemein. The bylaws are not in effect yet and it's easy to adjust for a resignation now if there is one so we can proceed. We need to proceed now, not for maemo.org, but for working out the cooperation with Jolla before Nov. 21.

gerbick 2012-10-20 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1282882)
Please stop reading your own pet peeve into messages which have nothing to do with it.

You just did the exact same thing. You don't like the tone of something said, so you brought your own pet peeve to the table.

Simply stated, don't be a hypocrite.

Quote:

Confirm or deny he pulled out before stating it like a fact.

Quote:

If the last council had gotten all of their stuff sorted before the in-fighting, before the public fighting, we'd not be in the emergency of trying to recover the wasted time as such.

Time was wasted. That's my true prob. And all we have to show for it a community that doesn't trust the board fully, a community that's fractured and nothing but a few people that have picked sides and ultimately do nothing but add fuel to the fire.

Things need to be resolved. We don't need people that are only out to line their pockets or further their own agendas. You want to fight for that, be my guest.

I'll have none of that.

Estel 2012-10-20 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD69 (Post 1283044)
The bylaws are not in effect yet and it's easy to adjust for a resignation now if there is one so we can proceed. We need to proceed now, not for maemo.org, but for working out the cooperation with Jolla before Nov. 21.

Seriously? Just before election of board, such active, friendly, and respected person as Mentalist Traceur was denied candidacy, just to be strict with rules. Now, when one Board member turn out to be irresponsible even before he actually start duty, you're telling us, that rules are not set in stone?

While I was as much shocked by Texrat's decision, I don't see reason why we should bend rules for him, in this *negative* context, if we didn't wanted to bend rules (by accepting nomination few hours late) for *positive* case, with person willing to become Board member, and do the hard job.
---

As for gerbick, it's not worth much comment, so I'll just quote him:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1282802)
people that have been disruptive step aside and practice reticence

I hope, that one day, you will apply it to yourself, and finally fulfill your empty (yet, repeated periodically) declaration of being "out of this business". In contrast to productive people like lma, I have never seen you doing *anything* for benefit of community - other than talking much (nonsense, in most cases).

/Estel

don_falcone 2012-10-20 19:57

Seriously people, stop it. Most of those arguing here act a bit like my ex - when, then blaming while presenting always the same "reasons". That's just resulting in senseless chitchat / accusations, which are a waste of air & electrons. Maybe finally learn to co-op and 'fix' things / issues, than to further "dilute" this community and driving people away, hmm?

Texrat 2012-10-20 22:55

I apologize for the outburst. I shouldn't have posted in the first place after going through the argumentive posts here. Just got really worked up by the in-fighting and then running across the reaction to my Jolla comment was icing on the cake.

I won't resign. But at the same time I would appreciate the benefit of the doubt here. I think I've earned it.

qwazix 2012-10-20 23:04

** sigh of relief **

lma 2012-10-21 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1283075)
You don't like the tone of something said, so you brought your own pet peeve to the table.

I don't care about tone, I simply didn't like you changing the subject.

Quote:

Confirm or deny he pulled out before stating it like a fact.
The statement was directly from the candidate, not hearsay. I thought we were all adults here and mean what we say, but in this case I'm glad he changed his mind because we probably wouldn't survive another delay.

Quote:

If the last council had gotten all of their stuff sorted before the in-fighting, before the public fighting, we'd not be in the emergency of trying to recover the wasted time as such.
Sure, there was a lot of arguing that could perhaps be done more privately but at the end of the day without the current council, and SD69 especially, there would be no Hildon Foundation and everything else would be moot.

lma 2012-10-21 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD69 (Post 1283044)
We need to proceed now, not for maemo.org, but for working out the cooperation with Jolla before Nov. 21.

Hm do tell, what could possibly be more important than maemo.org and how are Jolla involved?

misterc 2012-10-21 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 1283175)
I apologize for the outburst. I shouldn't have posted in the first place after going through the argumentive posts here. Just got really worked up by the in-fighting and then running across the reaction to my Jolla comment was icing on the cake.

I won't resign. But at the same time I would appreciate the benefit of the doubt here. I think I've earned it.

Texrat, you don't deserve "doubt".
you have earned and deserve a lot more (trust comes to mind...).
however, maybe you should also give the Community members at large and certainly a long standing member of Council some credit (respect?) as well?

gerbick 2012-10-21 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1283206)
The statement was directly from the candidate, not hearsay. I thought we were all adults here and mean what we say, but in this case I'm glad he changed his mind because we probably wouldn't survive another delay.

He stated above he won't resign. Your statements hold no merit.

I think we've concluded with this discussion since there's no other reason to continue down this path with you or your (blocked by me) co-partner and his "contributions" to any discussion whatsoever.

Simply stated, some people are too concerned with being right and not with doing right. Take your pick where you are with that.

I already know that I'm a big-mouth, blow-hard that doesn't add much to this community since my days after Diablo, or when I helped others get N9's if they didn't have direct access. But other than that, I'm not an Ima or Ester.

lma 2012-10-21 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1283240)
He stated above he won't resign. Your statements hold no merit.

Sigh... please re-read what I wrote.

gerbick 2012-10-21 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1283242)
Sigh... please re-read what I wrote.

Which part of what you said stands? He resigned?

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. No contingencies, no repositories, no database being transitioned, no garage... nothing is ready to be handed off in a scant 2 months at this very moment.

A lot of ground has to be covered and people are wholly unwilling to help. But are fully willing to argue moot points.

Be my guest to continue.

lma 2012-10-21 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1283243)
Which part of what you said stands?

Which part doesn't?

Timeline:
  • elections open
  • Texrat drops out
  • elections close
  • results are announced and this thread is started
  • I point out that we don't have a board yet
  • you jump in with rants about selfish people that rewarded themselves, line their own pockets etc
  • Texrat reconsiders
  • I say I'm glad he did

Is anything above factually incorrect? Which part(s) do you have a problem with? I'm confused...

Quote:

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. No contingencies, no repositories, no database being transitioned, no garage... nothing is ready to be handed off in a scant 2 months at this very moment.
AIUI (from meeting minutes etc) the council is in talks with Nokia re: handover but everything stalled as there was no legal entity to deal with. This is now finally resolved, and that is why I despaired at the prospect of a new election.

Quote:

A lot of ground has to be covered and people are wholly unwilling to help.
FYI, I have already volunteered to help run the repositories.

gerbick 2012-10-21 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1283321)
  • Texrat reconsiders
  • I say I'm glad he did

Please quote where you did this. I don't see it in this thread. If you wish to state facts, qwazix seems to be the only person that sighed any relief.

Quote:

Is anything above factually incorrect? Which part(s) do you have a problem with? I'm confused...
Apparently I've used some words that you don't understand. So allow me to use different words that mean the same thing.

The last board of directors publicly had issues. The in-fighting, vitriol and posing has now created a circus of what was once a respected group that had the community interests in mind first. That seems to be (last board) no longer the case. Hopefully this incoming board will change that perception.

As a reminder, I have stated the oft-forgotten and/or pushed aside via deflection tactics about how the past board had acted. It was not acceptable despite whatever claim of importance and/or comparison those people have made this community endure via their long-winded posts that declare nothing more than thinly veiled attacks, statements denigrating another member's status and how they are "right" in their statements, et al.

Guess what? It doesn't fool me or many others.

In the end, a lot of us here just want to know whether or not it will happen again, what will happen in the near future in regards to this forum and all indicia and content, and if anything, is there a future. If there isn't... it was a good ride.

If there is a future, I hope it's not with the people that have continued to make a mockery of the people in positions we once respected. If you cannot understand that, then I am at a loss of words. And if you want to compare me to other people, yourself inclusive, I am a community member that's invested in the devices (all bought with my money, never given one) and programming (Qt, QML, Qt Quick) for clients to test the viability of these products as well done a guide for optimizing your Diablo install on the N810 and behind the scenes have done other community based items. But as it stands, I don't really have to justify my membership ad nauseum. Don't expect me to do this ever again. There is no need.

Does that make me a full-fledged community member? Yes. Does that make me more or less important than any other? No. Do I feel like I've given my all to this community? Not really. Do I think others have given more than I? Yes, indeed. Should I continue to get compared because... well, it makes that one certain person feel better because he's in the spotlight for being downright shady? Not my problem to deal with. Justify yourself on your own time I say.

Quote:

AIUI (from meeting minutes etc) the council is in talks with Nokia re: handover but everything stalled as there was no legal entity to deal with. This is now finally resolved, and that is why I despaired at the prospect of a new election.
Great. This means that something may finally happen. Now, what will it be I wonder in full?

Quote:

FYI, I have already volunteered to help run the repositories.
Great. And the outcome of this will be what exactly?

Now, with that said, the facts is that Texrat did not repeal his bid. That's a fact. He has not slowed down this hand-off process, that's a fact. And this communication between you and I has traveled into a semantic laced minefield that honestly is about as masturbatory as anything that I tend to avoid - it has produced absolutely nothing.

Again. Be my guest to continue on. The facts are above, they're settled, there are no delays, no removals of bids and the answers are far too ****ing long to accomplish a damn thing other than make the other person respond unnecessarily.

I've got better things to dedicate my memory to... waste your time at your own leisure.

lma 2012-10-21 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1283328)
Please quote where you did this. I don't see it in this thread.

You replied and quoted it on post #23 right here :-)

Quote:

The last board of directors publicly had issues.
First of all, don't confuse the community council with the foundation board. They are completely different things. There was no last board, this is the first one.

Quote:

Does that make me a full-fledged community member? Yes. Does that make me more or less important than any other? No. Do I feel like I've given my all to this community? Not really. Do I think others have given more than I? Yes, indeed.
Likewise :-)

Quote:

Great. And the outcome of this will be what exactly?
Who knows? The issue is not the content but the domain, It's really up to Nokia and those who negotiate with them at this point. With a little luck it may mean that repository.maemo.org might not die in a couple of months.

Texrat 2012-10-21 21:10

Now I'm even more regretful that I briefly lost my cool.

Guys, I didn't mean to disrupt or delay anything. I've already explained that I just got frustrated after reading more and more arguing here, topped off by overreactions to a remark I made. Posters can say what they want about a moment of weakness, and I'm really sorry to disappoint by being human.

Let's move on please. I'll be good.

SD69 2012-10-21 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1283207)
Hm do tell, what could possibly be more important than maemo.org and how are Jolla involved?

I was talking about time sensitivity not importance. Jolla announcement is on Nov. 20/21 - there is confidential information to be received and the parameters of the cooperation have to be worked out. timeline for maemo.org is Dec. 31

Estel 2012-10-22 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD69 (Post 1283593)
there is confidential information to be received

Just a personal opinion - there is too much "confidential" in this around-FOSS (sic!) project, for my taste.

Can't stop myself from quoting someone, (who, fortunately, haven't passed it into Board, due to being filtered out by Community, during election) - "In effort to increase transparency..."

Not attacking. Don't want to start any argue. It's just that all this "top secret" **** sounds a little pathetic/inappropriate for Foundation.

/Estel

misterc 2012-10-22 20:30

your oblique allusions are just proof of how juvenile and immature you are :(
Woody clearly said that due to his professional obligations in the coming months he would only have wanted to be member of the HFB if there were enough other members and if he could have helped out sparingly. when it became clear the directorate would have three members he...

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody14619 (Post 1281404)
[...]
That doesn't mean I wouldn't still do it if elected. Though if there were time-critical issues that the new cycle would disrupt, I could be persuaded to wait until that was done. I'd prefer to simply not be elected, and allow the three to continue on with whatever aid I can give them with the limited time I will have. This is in part why I requested that others not vote for me.

it's is only because i wasn't logged in that i noticed your posts.
once everybody has on ignore, i certainly won't bother anymore :mad:

shawnjefferson 2012-10-23 02:23

Congratulations to everyone elected to the Foundation board of directors. I'm fairly new to this community, so this may not mean much, but I support your efforts and trust you all will do a great job.

Now get to work! ;)

woody14619 2012-10-25 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 1283321)
Is anything above factually incorrect?

Technically, yes. Texrat's "announcement" happened after the close of the election. But in reality, none of that really matters.

As SD69 notes, the incorporators are not bound by anything other then the articles of incorporation of the state, and the personal conviction to get this organization off the ground in a way that is beneficial to the community.

The bylaws have yet to be put in place. For that to happen, the incorporators must meet with the potential Directors, seat them, and the Directors must then approve the bylaws and any other actions or binding agreements established by the incorporators.

Even if the current bylaws were in place, there has been explicit language in them to handle this exact scenario for a couple versions. They also explicitly states such declines must be in writing to the current Board, which was not done in this case.

As the board has not even been seated yet, the incorporators could choose to seat or not set any candidate if they wished. By law, the incorporators could appoint a dozen people if they liked, and that Board could make up whatever rules they wanted.

You see, the incorporators are not legally bound to hold an election. It was only done in this way because it was agreed to early on that a Maemo style election would ease the community's transition by using a familiar process. The path of elections and community review of bylaws was taken so that the community could be better served by the new corporation. This is why choosing the initial Board and solidifying the bylaws was so important, and why I pushed for it so hard.

This could have been monarchy by fiat. Current Council could have simply appointed themselves, made their own rules. Incorporation laws allow for are designed for just such a dictatorial setup. But that would not have been serving to (nor likely accepted by) the community. We're an odd duck in the corporate world, where self-appointing Boards without term limits are the norm.

In the end, the bylaws create the framework within which the Board must act. The initial Board must also be trustworthy enough to enact self-limiting regulations for the communities sake, and work on behalf of the community in good will.

I think we have that now. There are 3 potential appointments based on this, all of whom I think are exceptional. The bylaws look exceptionally solid, and after legal review should be enough to keep them stable and going for some time. Not bad for a few months work, along with everything else going on, if I say so myself.

Estel 2012-10-25 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody14619 (Post 1285513)
You see, the incorporators are not legally bound to hold an election. It was only done in this way because it was agreed to early on that a Maemo style election would ease the community's transition by using a familiar process. The path of elections and community review of bylaws was taken so that the community could be better served by the new corporation. This is why choosing the initial Board and solidifying the bylaws was so important, and why I pushed for it so hard.

This is not entirely true. It *would* be, as any party was free to "continue Maemo's spirit", but this exact case is different, due to *one* reason:
Council, handling transition, was agreed to get certain assets from Nokia. This make it "special" and semi-official case of transition, as (hypothetical) other, random groups,w anting to setup Foundation(s) wouldn't be given such assets.

This bonds transition to be done with respect to current statute, requiring referendum for such major changes, IMO. It means, that it wasn't purely "good will" of Council - respecting current statute require referendum to change it (statute), which includes total reorganization.
---

Of course, everything I've written above could be wrong in reality, considering fact, that - in current state - Nokia wouldn't care much, where they're giving access to Community's "belongings", and if that party respect statute, or not. But, it's rather matter of standard weakness in Nokia, and abusing such lack fo responsibility (of Nokians) would result in Council's action being perceived as hostile takeover, probably.
---

No matter of different way of interpreting what Council was "bound" to do or not, I understand what you mean and your reasoning - frankly - no much reason to argue here, as it doesn't change a single thing. All after all, no Foundation can exist (successfully) without support from interested people, so it's obvious, that no one wanted it to look like hostile takeover.
---

BTW - when we can expect "migration" of managing important tasks, from current Council's members, to new Board? I mean things like talking with Nemein, coordinating OBS, migration of assets, etc. Up to now, it was task of Council (lets leave alone personal opinions about how effectively Council performed those duties) - is there any proposed timeline, when Board will take it over?

/Estel

woody14619 2012-10-25 22:34

Important content:
Council nominations close thus Sunday! Get your nominations in if you want to run for Council.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1285547)
This is not entirely true.

Nokia has never put a requirement about elections or anything else on whom they would consider for transitioning right to. So, yes, what I said is entirely true, which you go on to acknowledge later in your ramble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1285547)
BTW - when we can expect "migration" of managing important tasks, from current Council's members, to new Board?

Not all tasks will leave the Council. Council still has an important role to play, even as the transitions occur.

As for items that will transition to the Board, we have been trying to schedule a time to get everyone in the same "room" to get things started, but have not gotten feedback from all parties. The hope is to do this very soon.

For my part, I've been somewhat out of the loop the past week recovering from influenza and pneumonia, likely brought on by a schedule of heavy work and travel in the weeks before. For that reason I'm not 100% sure where everything is right now. (Some things have changed, and I know that, but I don't know details.)

It's also why I've not been commenting on the continuing stream of social drama and backhanded remarks in general here or on the mailing list. Frankly I've been more concerned with my own health, job, and life right now than what some time-waste half way around the globe thinks everyone else should have done or should be concerned about, without any factual backing...

azkay 2012-10-25 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1282773)
Congratulation to new Board - I hope that, given this carte blanche. you will be able to rebuild trust to (and respect for) Maemo Community's representatives, greatly shattered, during last three months.

I wasn't even aware of community reps. This is the first I've even noticed these "council" links.

Estel 2012-10-26 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody14619 (Post 1285583)
which you go on to acknowledge later in your ramble.

Are you entirely sure, that such hostile and offensive part was required in your post? While I know you're accustomed to doing so, I'm sure that there is no real point of conflict in our interpretations of election - after all, it doesn't change anything, and results are same.

If you feel better by stating that Council did a "favor" by running election for Board - instead of "performing duty", as I interpret it - it's fine, no need for trying to enforce this view of things on others, by using words like "ramble".

I'm sure, that we can have different opinions on things, without embarrassing others, by usage of such disrespecting language. I also think, that you should be already aware of it, after almost half of a year of being Councilor, and little less of being it's chair. And before you use it as argument - no, what others do/did in the past/will be doing, isn't good excuse for your own actions.

Thanks in advance, for caring more about words that you use in future.

/Estel

ivgalvez 2012-10-29 16:06

Although I have already mentioned it in the Coucil election thread, I'd like to also comment here:

Considering that we have now enough candidates for Council and that I have already been elected for Board, I suggest not to vote for me, but for any of the other candidates. This way we could have completely separate bodies for both Council and Board.

Estel 2012-10-29 19:24

Isn't revoking own candidacy for Council a more feasible/sane way of doing it? This whole "please don't vote for me" thing is kinda silly, especially, that it isn't first time we see it, during current "batch" of elections.

Just suggestin'

/Estel