maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Update for Enhanced kernel for power users just released (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65367)

Ele-Mental 2010-11-10 01:03

Update for Enhanced kernel for power users just released

I just updated Enhanced Linux kernel for power users to 2.6.28maemo42 from 2.6.28maemo40. And i can confirm it works great on PR1.3. Over clocking is back and it too is seamless.

RobbieThe1st 2010-11-10 01:08

Re: Update for Enhanced kernel for power users just released

Ooh, does this have all the PR1.3 patches? Also, any idea if fcam or hostmode is included or will work with this kernel?

windows7 2010-11-10 01:10

can you give please explain how to over clock it? in addition to just installing the software

frostbyte 2010-11-10 01:14

just upgraded and was greeted with a kernel panic (went from v40 to v42). must be something to do with multiboot as stock kernel loads up fine?

i guess i'll follow this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemmyslender (Post 868582)
Updated to v42. Is there an updated kernel-power-boot image or multiboot-kernel power package? Wondering what will happen if I reboot?

*EDIT* Nevermind. Downloaded the new v42 deb, extracted the fiasco image, extracted the kernel, copied to N900, setup a new multiboot item. Reboot, looks like I'm up and running on v42 kernel.

sophocha 2010-11-10 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbyte (Post 868621)
just upgraded and was greeted with a kernel panic (went from v40 to v42). must be something to do with multiboot as stock kernel loads up fine?

i guess i'll follow this:

yeap!Upgraded and BOOM.....kernel panic! How do I solve this?How do I setup a new multiboot item?

F2thaK 2010-11-10 01:20

this has not got USB host mode kernel

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan (Post 868463)
USB hostmode patches are planned for one of the next releases.
First I need to find their latest patches and make sure they don't interfere with normal operation.

Ele-Mental 2010-11-10 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st (Post 868611)
Ooh, does this have all the PR1.3 patches? Also, any idea if fcam or hostmode is included or will work with this kernel?

Thats a negative on the Fcam. It doesnt work. I just get a gray screen and it just said "Saving" on exit.

AlMehdi 2010-11-10 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophocha (Post 868623)
yeap!Upgraded and BOOM.....kernel panic! How do I solve this?How do I setup a new multiboot item?

If i remember it right.. you just need to go in and edit your old one... I think the item is hardcoded to the maemo40 and when you run maemo42 it will not find it.

Edit: Ohh.. and shouldn't this be in the official OC-thread? Maybe some moderator could merge them?

Ele-Mental 2010-11-10 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by windows7 (Post 868614)
can you give please explain how to over clock it? in addition to just installing the software

After you have the kenel installed, just install QCPUfreq and cpufreqUI. Use it to overclock. It goes up to 1.15Ghz

windows7 2010-11-10 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele-Mental (Post 868634)
After you have the kenel installed, just install QCPUfreq and cpufreqUI. Use it to overclock. It goes up to 1.15Ghz

thanks just trying it now!