maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Newbie (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FYI, I am blaming everyone here... (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=16494)

brecklundin 2008-02-11 20:34

FYI, I am blaming everyone here...

I just went and ordered my N800. And it is all YOUR FAULT...remember that when I come and knock on your door looking for a couch to sleep on!

I figured since I already order extra batteries, an external battery charger, an 8GB SDHC card, a Cradlepoint CTR350, and MP1550, eight Sanyo NiMH batteries last night, that I guess it made sense to order the N800 too.

I even splurged on 1-day shipping at Amazon. WTHey, I blew the budget already what is another $18, right?

So, just remember it was from the info and help I found here that got me in trouble...so, keep that couch ready. I prefer high thread count sheets, at least 500, k?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I am lactose intollerant and cannot eat anything with wheat. Please ensure there is food I can eat in the fridge! And gluten free beer too.

:rolleyes:

Underscore 2008-02-11 20:40

Re: FYI, I am blaming everyone here...

Sounds like you went the extra mile. Or extra few...
So where's the bluetooth keyboard? XP

Laughing Man 2008-02-11 20:41

I have no couch, I have a floor though.

superstar 2008-02-11 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by brecklundin (Post 141150)
eight Sanyo NiMH batteries

Given you get a battery life of 3.5 hours/battery 8x3.5= 28 hours of playback?? Are you going to the jungle? If so, this Solar Powered Self-Recharging Li-Ion Battery might come in handy along with this?

brecklundin 2008-02-11 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underscore (Post 141156)
Sounds like you went the extra mile. Or extra few...
So where's the bluetooth keyboard? XP

ahhhh, crud!! I forgot that and the new Tom Bihn Buzz bag...gotta go order them now..shoot!

brecklundin 2008-02-11 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar (Post 141159)
Given you get a battery life of 3.5 hours/battery 8x3.5= 28 hours of playback?? Are you going to the jungle? If so, this Solar Powered Self-Recharging Li-Ion Battery might come in handy along with this?

Not the jungle but, close, shopping in Antique malls, flea markets & estate sales...for those times when I am unsure if I can make any money on an item. I figure this ability alone will save me $500/yr in unfortunate WAG about items.

The eight NiMH batteries are for the Cradlepoiint EVDO Wifi router...combined with the MP1550 it gives me a mobile hotspot with two sets of batteries, as the CDU380 EVDO Modem is likely not going to work even in OTG mode on the USB port. I could have found an active usb hub, but the cradlepoint lets us share the connection in an easier fashion.

The extra N800 batteries are for when I run outta juice on the device. I mean it's a fast swap and much easier to carry around...well, maybe not easier but it's called accessorising!! hehehehe....

brecklundin 2008-02-11 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laughing Man (Post 141157)
I have no couch, I have a floor though.

hmmmm...nice padded carpet? Air mattress? ;)

sjgadsby 2008-02-11 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by brecklundin (Post 141169)
...it's called accessorising!

So, now you just need a Bluetooth GPS and a car mount, and you'll be all set.

No, I take that back. Your Batman utility belt won't be complete until you can scale buildings.

brecklundin 2008-02-11 21:58

got the GPS covered in the CDU680... :)

But the Batman Belt is interesting!!

I am planning on setting up a rolling hotspot in my vehicle with an external EVDO antenna, Wifi antenna and an EVDO signal booster...plus a deidcated power inverter for eveything. :)

But that is a summer project... :)

Betty Woo 2008-02-11 22:05

You are going to *loathe* that grey soft fabric pouch, though.

While waiting for my Proporta case, I've resorted to putting PlayThing in an unused makeup case that has a zipper since the N800 *constantly* slid out of the pouch while in my bag.

This has resulted in a near-heart attack when it managed to slip out of the pouch, out of the bag and flush against the front on the filing cabinet I usually store my stuff in. I picked up the bag, found an empty pouch... and NO N800.

Calls to every place I visited that afternoon resulted in bupkiss and frustration. The only reason why I found PlayThing flush against the inside of the cabinet was because I was so pissed off, I slammed the drawer shut and everything (including the N800) was shoved to the back half of the drawer.

Bad day, indeed.