maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   SailfishOS on Motorola Droid 4 XT894 (alpha port) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99031)

moodroid 2017-05-26 11:40

Re: SailfishOS on Motorola Droid 4 XT894 (alpha port)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash-A-Holic (Post 1528400)
My battery stuck to 100% (I took Droid off from the charger) and reboot won't fix it. This happened couple times before but reboot fixed it earlier, weird :confused:

Do you guys think that I need reflash? I didn't install any modifications before this issue. I'm on the latest 2.1.0.11 version.

Yeah, I get that too sometimes. I find that if I boot into another OS like Android, then go back to Sailfish it helps, though even then, I sometimes need to reboot again before it works. But with enough reboots, I can always get it to sort itself out without resorting to anything drastic.
However, I notice that when this problem occurs, Safestrap is also incorrectly reporting the battery level at 99% - I don't know what that implies?
Also, are you using the safe slot? I am, and I don't remember this problem happening when I used a virtual slot, but that might just be because I didn't use it very long in a virtual slot.

Flash-A-Holic 2017-05-27 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1528416)
Yeah, I get that too sometimes. I find that if I boot into another OS like Android, then go back to Sailfish it helps, though even then, I sometimes need to reboot again before it works. But with enough reboots, I can always get it to sort itself out without resorting to anything drastic.
However, I notice that when this problem occurs, Safestrap is also incorrectly reporting the battery level at 99% - I don't know what that implies?
Also, are you using the safe slot? I am, and I don't remember this problem happening when I used a virtual slot, but that might just be because I didn't use it very long in a virtual slot.

I'm using stock ROM slot and I don't have Android installed to my device right now. I think that I'm waiting for next build and then reflash Sailfish OS again.

I also noticed that Safestrap reports wrong battery status some times. That happened also when I had only Android installed. However Android always reported right battery-%.

EDIT: After several reboots battery-% is now working again.

moodroid 2017-06-02 15:04

Does anyone else have a problem with incoming calls and sound? Outgoing calls work fine, but sometimes when I receive a call, I can't hear the other person, and then I lose sound altogether and have to reboot?

TheKit 2017-06-02 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1528416)

Basically both Safestrap and SailfishOS report battery level they receive from kernel, so I'm not sure if this bug is SFOS port-specific. I wonder if Is there any battery calibration file normally loaded by Android.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1528722)
Does anyone else have a problem with incoming calls and sound? Outgoing calls work fine, but sometimes when I receive a call, I can't hear the other person, and then I lose sound altogether and have to reboot?

Could you please try to capture logs from journalctl when it happens? I suppose PulseAudio module crashes and won't restart for some reason.

ThePhxRises 2017-06-03 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash-A-Holic (Post 1528470)
I'm using stock ROM slot and I don't have Android installed to my device right now.

It's generally considered a bad idea to have this on your stock slot, so that may be causing the issue.

Also I've not been able to get around to uploading my ofono log because of some issues IRL, but I might be able to sometime soon.

Do you guys think this would work for us? I'm fairly sure the Droid 4 would explode under all that stress, but who knows?

moodroid 2017-06-05 14:06

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1528732)
Could you please try to capture logs from journalctl when it happens? I suppose PulseAudio module crashes and won't restart for some reason.

After a bit more testing, it appears that the first incoming call usually works ok, but on the 2nd incoming call, I lose sound and have to reboot.
I've got the journalctl logs for the first incoming call (1.txt) which worked, and then the 2nd incoming call (2.txt) which didn't.
I can't understand why this only happens to me? I've tried a clean install and it's still the same, and I've even tried on my old Droid 4 (which is falling to bits) and it's the same on that too.
Are incoming calls really working fine for everyone else?

EDIT: I don't really know what I'm doing here, but have tried a few things in case they help...
In /etc/pulse/daemon.conf I've added:
log-target = file:/home/nemo/pa.log
log-level = debug

I then rebooted, and called myself, and on this occasion I lost sound on the first call (which happens sometimes). I've attached the pa.log that it created.
When I try pacmd, it says 'Daemon not responding.', so don't know if that means it's crashed?

EDIT2: Well, I've found that I can restart pulseaudio without rebooting by doing:

pkill -9 pulseaudio
pulseaudio -vvvv --start -n --file=/etc/pulse/arm_droid_default.pa

I've tried it in the foreground (without the --start), and when the problem occurs, it seems that the process doesn't abort, but just hangs?
D: [pulseaudio] module-suspend-on-idle.c: Sink sink.null becomes idle, timeout in 1 seconds.
D: [pulseaudio] policy-group.c: Starting to move sink input feedback-event
D: [pulseaudio] dbusif.c: Policy groups moving: 9
D: [pulseaudio] droid-sink.c: Sink set port to parking
I: [pulseaudio] sink.c: Changed port of sink 1 "sink.primary" to output-parking

Thanks

TheKit 2017-06-11 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1528830)
I've tried it in the foreground (without the --start), and when the problem occurs, it seems that the process doesn't abort, but just hangs?

This happens to me to, but have to find why yet. Do you know if it was always like this or started after 2.0.1.11 update?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhxRises (Post 1528734)
Do you guys think this would work for us? I'm fairly sure the Droid 4 would explode under all that stress, but who knows?

It can, but it turned out a bit more tinkering is required. On our device, hwcomposer lib can be loaded only once, and it's already used by SFOS. AD doesn't use hwcomposer API directly, but it's still loaded to find proper graphics format by SurfaceFlinger, so OpenGL ES context selection fails and it won't start.

I tried to disassemble and patch libsurfaceflinger to select proper EGL context. It still didn't start, but after replacing OpenGL ES libs with the ones built from CyanogenMod 11 tree, it seems to be able to start apps like Telegram/Discord. Camera doesn't work though, and would probably require using shim library for missing symbols in libc.so.

Here are the changed files if anyone wants to try.

moodroid 2017-06-11 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1529062)
This happens to me to, but have to find why yet. Do you know if it was always like this or started after 2.0.1.11 update?

Thanks. Glad it's not just me.

Just tried it on the first version that you did for us, and the same thing is happening. And I didn't apply the headphones kernel patch either, so it's nothing to do with that.

I'm happy to try anything out if I can help in any way..

moodroid 2017-06-17 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1529062)

As mentioned above, it's definitely always been been like this, but as I don't don't get that many incoming calls, and because I reboot quite often when fiddling with stuff, it took me a while to spot what was going on, sorry.

I've tried tweaking lots of pulseaudio settings, but haven't been able to influence this in any way. I also had the idea of killing and restarting pulseaudio after answering a call, to see if I could bring back audio during the call itself, but unfortunately, it only seems to work after the call has finished.

It occured to me that testing it might end up costing you money in calls, so if you ever wanted a donation, I'd be more than happy to oblige. No offence intended if you don't go in for that kind of thing - just thought I'd offer.

Or if there's any crazy alternatives like trying to use an alternative phone app (Android via AD or other Linux via chroot?), I'd be more than happy to give it a go if you thought it was even feasible.

Many thanks

TheKit 2017-06-17 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1529288)
As mentioned above, it's definitely always been been like this, but as I don't don't get that many incoming calls, and because I reboot quite often when fiddling with stuff, it took me a while to spot what was going on, sorry.

I've tried tweaking lots of pulseaudio settings, but haven't been able to influence this in any way. I also had the idea of killing and restarting pulseaudio after answering a call, to see if I could bring back audio during the call itself, but unfortunately, it only seems to work after the call has finished.

Thanks for the reply. I was already able to pinpoint what is causing PulseAudio to freeze. It turned out our audio blob uses AudioSystem::getDeviceConnectionState for BT headset detection, which in turn is dependant on AudioPolicyService, not enabled in SFOS, so it waits for it forever.

As a quick hack, try placing patched libmedia.so to /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib (it won't wait for AudioPolicyService).

For the long term solution I'd better try to enable AudioPolicyService service, as it was done for onyx and probably some other devices. That patch doesn't built as-is with hybris-11 though.

And well, testing is not a problem, since phone network is pretty cheap in Russia (for example, I have 300 minutes, which I never manage to use considerable amount of, and 3 GB for about 3.3$/month).

moodroid 2017-06-18 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1529291)
Thanks for the reply. I was already able to pinpoint what is causing PulseAudio to freeze. It turned out our audio blob uses AudioSystem::getDeviceConnectionState for BT headset detection, which in turn is dependant on AudioPolicyService, not enabled in SFOS, so it waits for it forever.

As a quick hack, try placing patched libmedia.so to /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib (it won't wait for AudioPolicyService).

For the long term solution I'd better try to enable AudioPolicyService service, as it was done for onyx and probably some other devices. That patch doesn't built as-is with hybris-11 though.

And well, testing is not a problem, since phone network is pretty cheap in Russia (for example, I have 300 minutes, which I never manage to use considerable amount of, and 3 GB for about 3.3$/month).

Seems to be working perfectly to me. Thank you so much - you are a genius.
Sorry if I got a bit carried away in my last post, but now I've had a taste of Sailfish, I just couldn't bear the thought of going back to Android.

m4r0v3r 2017-06-20 09:38

bought one :P

Macros 2017-06-20 13:31

This looks quite interesting and I am already very thankful for all the hard work the porters did.

I think I will get one myself to get a glance at sailfish (I am aware of the alpha state of the port) and to have an device with which I can play Space Team with friends ;)

A few questions to remove last doubts:
- Can the OS access the SD card by now?
- Can I use the phone bought from USA on German phone networks?
I read online that it works and I read that it doesn't work.

mp107 2017-06-20 18:26

1. From what I know you have to mount it manually. Doesn't work as is (if my knowledge is up to date).
2. I am able to use it on both 2G and 3G in Poland so it should work in Germany as well.

m4r0v3r 2017-06-20 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp107 (Post 1529367)
1. From what I know you have to mount it manually. Doesn't work as is (if my knowledge is up to date).
2. I am able to use it on both 2G and 3G in Poland so it should work in Germany as well.

any idea on 4g?

mp107 2017-06-20 21:48

Most probably no chance.
Built-in 4G/LTE modem supports only one band which is not used in Europe.
Some details about built-in modems (there are 2) are available here: http://elektranox.org/2017/02/motorola-droid-4---modem/

TheKit 2017-08-03 15:09

Quick question. In the next build I want to remap some keys in kernel, to avoid editing xkb files. Do you think it's a good idea to make Caps Lock => Shift and Shift => Ctrl, or this will cause unneeded confusion?

SYM is going to be Left Alt (needed to allow layout switching combinations, for example). What would be the good use for OK? Currently I have it as \ and | key on my device, which is useful in terminal.

Macros 2017-08-03 15:15

Disclaimer: i don't own one yet

The changes seem very reasonable. Caps Lock isn't usually needed (except by trolls) and this brings the keyboard very close to a real keyboard. The only problem is that the shift label is on another key, but I would accept that.

Is there a way to switch the keys or is the keymat one part?

Edit: mp107's solution two posts below seems to be better to me.

moodroid 2017-08-04 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1531982)
Quick question. In the next build I want to remap some keys in kernel, to avoid editing xkb files. Do you think it's a good idea to make Caps Lock => Shift and Shift => Ctrl, or this will cause unneeded confusion?

SYM is going to be Left Alt (needed to allow layout switching combinations, for example). What would be the good use for OK? Currently I have it as \ and | key on my device, which is useful in terminal.

Hi TheKit,

Edit:
IMHO, having a ctrl key would be great, and it'd be like a standard keyboard then (as Macros said, and you'd no doubt thought), so sounds like a good idea to me.
\ and | would be good too, but we also are currently missing : and ; which can be useful? If only we had another spare key!
Probably a stupid idea, but can shift + cursor key be mapped? Then maybe : and ; could be given their proper key and < and > could be shift + left and right cursor keys?

Also, don't know if you've already done this, but in post 33, elros34 suggested how to get the keyboard lights working:

Create ini file in /etc/mce/
[KeyPad]
BrightnessDirectory=/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight // or similar path

I tried putting those 2 lines into a file called 20backlight.ini, and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

mp107 2017-08-04 09:43

@TheKit
Why not OK -> CTRL?
It would be more convenient for pressing most popular CTRL + Z,X,C,V at once due to a larger space between keys. Otherwise it would be harder to press f. e. CTRL+X combo (keys would be close to each other but unable to do it using one finger). I use CTRL+Z,X,C,V,A more frequent than CTRL+↑←↓→ so placing CTRL near the arrows doesn't disturb me.
Beside that, keeping Shift at place and setting Caps Lock as Alt allows to use not only Shift + Letter/Sign (A, B, C, ;, : ) combo but also Shift + Alt + Letter/Sign (I've customized it on Android for f. e. Alt+Shift+/->|, Alt+Shift+A->Ą) and Alt+Tab. Moreover, it would allow pressing Shift + Alt, Alt + Tab using only one finger.

EDIT: Added the layout I currently use (here with assigned Polish character keys) as the reference of my idea.
http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/8390230500_1501841148.png

merpl 2017-08-04 12:45

My vote would be for TheKit's solution since most of my use of alt and ctrl is for irssi - alt/ctrl+n/p

I'd also make < and > map to SYM(alt)+, and . keeping the ; and : as labeled on the keyboard.

Definitely also need \ ~ | somewhere.

I was also thinking maybe OK could be a right-shift, you know to shift the stuff on the left half of the keyboard more easily.

With the ALT mapped, we don't really need a seperate key mapped for '\', - for e.g. we could make it alt+L to put it near the normal US placement.

just my $0.02.

This is the greatest thing since the N900 folks. TheKit is one of my heroes. <3

wicket 2017-08-04 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1531982)

This thread may be of interest. It provides details on how the keys are mapped in mainline Linux.

P.S. I got myself a Droid 4, but not for Sailfish nor Android ;)

tmlind 2017-09-12 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 1532069)
This thread may be of interest. It provides details on how the keys are mapped in mainline Linux.

Yeah let's keep kernel changes to minimum and map the custom keys in user space as we need to do that anyways.

The user space app to use here in the long run is probably funkeymonkey:

https://github.com/bzar/funkeymonkey

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 1532069)
P.S. I got myself a Droid 4, but not for Sailfish nor Android ;)

Yeah it should be possible to use any distro no problem.

For booting distros, please also take a look at the utagboot I pushed last night. It should allow booting sailfish from any partition, the microSD card should work too:

https://github.com/tmlind/utagboot

Cheers,

Tony

merpl 2017-09-14 04:22

I noticed RetroArch emulator failed to start. On latest xt894 release from TheKit

After a websearch i found this seems to be related to egl problems.

Code:

[nemo@Sailfish /]$ test_egl
linkerlinker.c:1109| ERROR: Library 'libPVROGL.so' not found
linkerlinker.c:1109| ERROR: Library 'libPVROCL.so' not found

[nemo@Sailfish /]$  EGL_PLATFORM=hwcomposer test_egl
Segmentation fault

[nemo@Sailfish /]$  EGL_PLATFORM=fbdev test_egl
ERROR: failed to open framebuffer: (Bad address)
test_egl: eglplatform_fbdev.cpp:35: void fbdevws_init_module(ws_egl_interface*): Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

[nemo@Sailfish /]$ EGL_PLATFORM=null test_egl
^C  [just sits there]

[nemo@Sailfish /]$ EGL_PLATFORM=wayland test_egl
Segmentation fault

Looking for the egl drivers I found these:
Code:

[nemo@Sailfish /]$ ls -l /usr/lib/libhybris
total 368
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 104899 Apr  5 23:55 eglplatform_fbdev.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  25224 Apr  5 23:55 eglplatform_hwcomposer.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  19194 Apr  5 23:55 eglplatform_null.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 209501 Apr  5 23:55 eglplatform_wayland.so

Searching for PVROGL
Code:

find / -name libPVROGL.so
returns nothing.

I tested on three devices. All same result.

Now i just found something interesting:
Code:

[nemo@Sailfish /]$ EGL_PLATFORM=wayland test_egl_configs
Starting test (EGL_PLATFORM=wayland)
Segmentation fault

[nemo@Sailfish /]$ EGL_PLATFORM=hwcomposer test_egl_configs
Starting test (EGL_PLATFORM=hwcomposer)
EGL Version 1.4
Extensions: EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_ANDROID_presentation_time EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer EGL_ANDROID_recordable EGL_HYBRIS_native_buffer2 EGL_HYBRIS_WL_acquire_native_buffer EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display
Available configurations: 25
===== Configuration #0 =====
  EGL_RED_SIZE: 8
  EGL_GREEN_SIZE: 8
  EGL_BLUE_SIZE: 8
much more stuff

I have the sgx540 driver loaded of course.
Code:

[root@Sailfish lib]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
compat                  1502  0
tty_hci                3952  0
pvrsrvkm_sgx540_120  293781  130
wl12xx                167937  0
mac80211              378066  1 wl12xx
cfg80211              144942  2 mac80211,wl12xx
wl12xx_sdio            2806  0

Possibly relevant discussions:
http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23sa...12-25.log.html

Can someone confirm this on their device? What do we do to get it working?

EDIT: The PVROGL and PVROCL aren't important and don't cause the errors, afaict. These mobile GPUs only need to support OpenGL-ES. AFAIK

ThePhxRises 2017-09-19 04:20

I was never able to upload those ofono logs, and have since removed sfos from my Droid 4, though I can definitely confirm that CDMA networks do not work at all. If it's any help the log loops the same 3 or 4 lines over and over, but I can't recall them right now. My apologies, but if I can get my Droid 4's battery replaced so it doesn't die in .02 milliseconds, I'll look into getting those logs.

ThePhxRises 2017-09-24 03:53

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to reinstall SFOS and ran the logger for a few minutes. The logs are attached.

Additionally, it may just be the humidity, but there almost seems to be some touch screen calibration issues.

EDIT: After using it for a while, I noticed the battery indicator still only moves in intervals of 10, and doesn't seem to work about 1/3 of the times I boot, constantly showing 100%.

merpl 2017-09-25 11:38

Experimenting with Camera and video recording:

it defaults to store pictures in
/home/Nemo/Pictures/Camera
and for video
/home/Nemo/Videos/Camera

This is bad because root partition is almost full.

I try to go to Settings->Apps->Camera and change Storage setting, to point it to the sdcard.

This lists Device memory and many entries saying 'Memory card is unmounted'.

SFOS File Browser also doesn't register a mounted sdcard, however it can be accessed under the /media path.

My workaround currently to make space for pictures is to symlink directories on my sdcard to the /home/Nemo Pictures and Videos directories.

my sdcard is mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /media/sdcard/3933-3934

using updated sdcard utils script https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/sd-utils

Some discussion on xt894 sd mounting here: http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23sa...09-18.log.html

Flash-A-Holic 2017-10-31 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhxRises (Post 1535007)
After using it for a while, I noticed the battery indicator still only moves in intervals of 10, and doesn't seem to work about 1/3 of the times I boot, constantly showing 100%.

I can confirm that battery state is usually showing 100%. Sometimes reboot will fix it but sometimes not.

I have been using Droid 4 with Sailfish OS as a daily driver for a while and it works OK. There are some issues but I'm hoping that those can be fixed in future.

If the keyboard layout is still in pipeline I hope that TheKit could add Scandic support like it is done in FinQwerty Android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qwerty.finnish).

Anyway, thanks for hardwork so far :).

tmlind 2017-12-04 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmlind (Post 1534265)
For booting distros, please also take a look at the utagboot I pushed last night. It should allow booting sailfish from any partition, the microSD card should work too:

https://github.com/tmlind/utagboot

And now we have a flashable 4MB kexecboot image at :

https://github.com/tmlind/droid4-kexecboot :D

Note that kexec booting v3.0.8 kernels needs the initramfs modified to use the kernel command line instead of the SafeStrap configuration on mmcblk1p25 if somebody wants to work on that.

merpl 2017-12-13 18:06

Nice work tmlind, ty. Might try that if I end up filling the remaining 200MB.

For what its worth, I realized I was being silly with the SD card issues. You can label the SD card partition and the mountpoint will be your label name. So now symlinks from /home/nemo are reliable (for Camera / Videos for e.g.).

Other than that, Sailfish on XT894 has been wonderful! I do need to hook it up to the charger overnight, or it seems to become unresponsive (crashed?) requiring a long power button hold to turn off and reboot.

tmlind 2017-12-20 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by merpl (Post 1539337)
Nice work tmlind, ty. Might try that if I end up filling the remaining 200MB.

Yeah that would be great if you have a chance. I just pushed updated 2017-12-20 image that has v3.0.8 kernel kexec wrapper script fixed so kexecboot can boot v3.0.8 kernels from the menu configuration.

The initramfs problem still remains, might work for current SafeStrap image if you have that installed.

Regards,

Tony

TheKit 2017-12-26 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmlind (Post 1539522)
The initramfs problem still remains, might work for current SafeStrap image if you have that installed.

I can try to modify initramfs. In case of using kexecboot, as opposed to SafeStrap, what partitions are going to be used for /data and /system? The stock ones?

For anyone wishing to try in a separate SafeStrap slot, here is the new SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 build for Droid 4: http://sfos.scanf.su/maserati/sailfi....1.3.7-ota.zip

There were some issues with updated systemd due to old kernel, but otherwise I didn't find any new problems. If there are no major issues with this build, we could try to OTA update from 2.1.0.11, since the packages for port are now built on OBS.

tmlind 2017-12-27 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1539646)
I can try to modify initramfs. In case of using kexecboot, as opposed to SafeStrap, what partitions are going to be used for /data and /system? The stock ones?

Hmm yeah good question. I guess those could be mounted based on what names are passed for those partitions in the kernel cmdline.

So maybe first check if mmcblk1p25 is vfat and has SafeStrap config and try to use that. Then if there is no SafeStrap config it should be safe to just use the "mmcparts" partitions passed in the kernel cmdline, right?

And for the rootfs the usual root=/dev/mmcblk1p25 would be nice to have working with the initramfs without having to use rootfs=/dev/ram0, you know just like the typical Linux distros do :)

Regards,

Tony

moodroid 2017-12-27 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1539646)
For anyone wishing to try in a separate SafeStrap slot, here is the new SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 build for Droid 4: http://sfos.scanf.su/maserati/sailfi....1.3.7-ota.zip

Hi, The Kit,

I've tried this in a virtual slot, and when trying to start for the first time, I just get a black screen (I left it a quite a while).
Is it still the same procedure to install this, i.e. flash the same CM, then flash the new version?

Thanks

TheKit 2017-12-27 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodroid (Post 1539671)
Hi, The Kit,

I've tried this in a virtual slot, and when trying to start for the first time, I just get a black screen (I left it a quite a while).
Is it still the same procedure to install this, i.e. flash the same CM, then flash the new version?

Thanks

The procedure is the same. Is it still black screen after force-rebooting?

moodroid 2017-12-27 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1539675)
The procedure is the same. Is it still black screen after force-rebooting?

Yes, it was, sorry.

TheKit 2018-01-13 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmlind (Post 1539649)
Hmm yeah good question. I guess those could be mounted based on what names are passed for those partitions in the kernel cmdline.

So maybe first check if mmcblk1p25 is vfat and has SafeStrap config and try to use that. Then if there is no SafeStrap config it should be safe to just use the "mmcparts" partitions passed in the kernel cmdline, right?

And for the rootfs the usual root=/dev/mmcblk1p25 would be nice to have working with the initramfs without having to use rootfs=/dev/ram0, you know just like the typical Linux distros do :)

Regards,

Tony

Am I correct to assume root=/dev/ram0 is unneeded for initramfs? If yes, this can be used to detect SafeStrap installs before mounting mmcblk1p25. Tried to implement this in initramfs: https://github.com/NotKit/hybris-boo...a41559efa0187e

However I cheated and introduced "data_partition=" and "system_partition=" parameters to mount /data and /system, since initramfs executes before starting udev and doesn't have "named" partition blockdevices created. "mmcparts" could be probably parsed manually for that, but I'm not sure how to do that properly in shell script.

Laucian 2018-01-15 12:55

Quote:

Hi, The Kit,

Thanks

I had the same issue, but flashing CM11,Sailfish 2.1.0 and Sailfish 2.1.3 in that order fixed it.

On that note, I can boot, but Wi-Fi does not work. I get a "Networking is not available. Please restart device." error, no matter how many times I restarted.

Laucian 2018-01-16 04:03

Quote:

Hi, The Kit,

Thanks

I had the same issue, but I found that installing all three zips at the same (CM11>Sailfish 2.1.0>Sailfish 2.1.3) in the recovery worked.

However, I'm having problems with WLAN. I receive the error message "Networking is not available. Please restart device." Restarting and doing a device reset did not fix the issue. The WLAN worked in the 2.1.0 image.

tmlind 2018-01-16 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKit (Post 1540195)
Am I correct to assume root=/dev/ram0 is unneeded for initramfs? If yes, this can be used to detect SafeStrap installs before mounting mmcblk1p25. Tried to implement this in initramfs: https://github.com/NotKit/hybris-boo...a41559efa0187e

Yeah root=/dev/ram0 should not be needed but you need to get rid of the CONFIG_CMDLINE_FORCE=y Kconfig option.

And I just pushed out 2018-01-15 droid4-kexecboot image that now can kexec boot SafeStrap installed v3.0.8 images so that should make things easier too.