maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [WIP] LLs Video Player (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92141)

llelectronics 2014-01-07 22:00

Re: [WIP] LLs Video Player

Yeah it is on the roadmap. But I think I need to restructure the code a little bit for this to work. Get rid of the coverpage and integrate the coveraction into the main page.

Watchmaker 2014-01-07 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by llelectronics (Post 1404643)
I updated it to version 0.2 with this changes:
  • Added About page
  • Hide pulley menu if controls are hidden
  • Always black background when video is played back
  • New improved icon (thx to watchmaker)

RPM Download here: https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...-1.armv7hl.rpm

Very nice! And thanks for the credits ;)

I had to further update the icon though, once on device I saw a couple of shapes from the previous version of the svg that I forgot to erase (I didn't notice them on the pc, but with the transparency on the device and a new dark Ambience they were quite evident). I also decided to make the background opaque, the transparency was not working good with dark backgrounds. You can find the updated file at the same link I already sent you. It will be the last, I swear! :p

xerxes2 2014-01-08 17:23

Awesome update, just about fixed everything I asked for! The only bad thing now is that I have to come up with some more feature requests. :)

kpblxa 2014-01-08 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1404866)
Awesome update, just about fixed everything I asked for! The only bad thing now is that I have to come up with some more feature requests. :)

additional codecs support~? :D

llelectronics 2014-01-08 20:46

There are some codecs already packaged for gstreamer and sailfish on openrepos.net. But unfortunately I did not have time to test them yet.
I really don't think that it makes sense now to start porting old gstreamer 0.10 codec support. I rather would simply wait until jolla updates gstreamer to 1.0 which should bring in better codec support. (I know Jolla will not package codecs they don't have a license for, so will still need some extra codec packages to be build most probably)

xerxes2 2014-01-09 15:53

Did I say how awesome this player is?! :) No need to port anything to gst-0.10 as just about every codec in existance has been working for years, heck even a decade for some. Speaking of which, I found this site:
http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

So I was testing a few there and they all worked perfectly, even the xvid Matrix trailer. But the Matrix trailer has eleven different subtitles packaged so I was thinking of making another feature request. Enable/disable subs and possibly also chose between multiple ones.

Silwer 2014-01-09 17:11

Thanks for the app. But I have one important issue - I can not browse to my videos on the sdcard.

If I choose "Open file" it only shows me folders Jolla and Camera. Using pull menu from this page I can go further to Android sdcard, but I can not go to my actual sdcard where all my videos are stored.

Am I doing something wrong or this app needs an update to support video files on the sdcard?

llelectronics 2014-01-09 17:25

By default the sdcard is mounted under /run/user/100000/media/sdcard. So goto your Home directory (via the pulley menu) and then swipe back until you reach the root / and navigate to that sdcard directory.
I will perhaps put a link into the pulley menu to directly go to the / directory in the future.

Silwer 2014-01-09 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by llelectronics (Post 1405197)
I will perhaps put a link into the pulley menu to directly go to the / directory in the future.

Please do as it would be faster and more convinient way to start videos stored on the sdcard. Thanks!

Also I suggest to have pull menu as follows:
-About LLs Video Player
-Search Youtube
-Open URL
-Open Home
-Open Android sdcard
-Open Jolla videos
-Open sdcard

And / or let the user add favorite folders that can be accessed directly from the pull menu when the app opens.

llelectronics 2014-01-09 18:15

This would make the pulley menu very big and I doubt that this will be easily usable with one hand.
So I have to reject this feature request for the pulley menu here.

Quote:

So I was testing a few there and they all worked perfectly, even the xvid Matrix trailer. But the Matrix trailer has eleven different subtitles packaged so I was thinking of making another feature request. Enable/disable subs and possibly also chose between multiple ones.
Subtitles would be nice but currently subtitle support is not build into the gstreamer qml plugin.

gcalcott 2014-01-09 18:20

Strange, when I try to play out an mp4 it says "The stream is encrypted and decryption is not supported"

llelectronics 2014-01-09 19:06

Yeah thats a strange error. Did you check the file details like codecs which are used in the mp4 file ? (Swiping from the loaded video from right to the left showing file details)

xerxes2 2014-01-09 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by llelectronics (Post 1405207)
Subtitles would be nice but currently subtitle support is not build into the gstreamer qml plugin.

So you mean that in the Matrix file llvp just shows the first sub available, arabic in this case? No way to just disable it? Yeah I know, the box said beta but still. :)

Edit: Thankfully not many files got built-in subs. Separate subs you can just add/remove manually and problem solved.

llelectronics 2014-01-10 01:30

Quote:

So you mean that in the Matrix file llvp just shows the first sub available, arabic in this case? No way to just disable it? Yeah I know, the box said beta but still.
Yeah it seems so. Its strange but there is no way to do this currently.

Update:
Today I worked a little on file open dialog and added Show Filesystem Root aswell as Show SDCard entries. The last one should only appear if the SDCard is inserted. As I don't have any sdcard here free to test this it would be nice if someone could confirm that it is indeed working. (sources are updated on git)

I revamped the youtube search function to integrate the search bar with the browser page. This also makes browsing youtube and seeing popular or subscribed videos easier.
As I got some complains still about page swiping actions interfering with scrolling I deactivated the swiping all together which means you need to either press the dot in the top right corner or use the pulley menu to go back to the video player main page.

I tried working on video playback in cover mode but realized that this is not possible at least the GStreamerVideoOutput gives me a black picture on the Cover and the videoposter only a still image. If someone knows a trick on how to achieve a playing video in coverview please contact me.

PS: I also discovered this for all struggeling with codec support:
https://openrepos.net/content/xerxes...-codec-support

llelectronics 2014-01-11 14:56

Update:
Package updated with the latest changes

RPM: https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...-1.armv7hl.rpm
  • Revamped youtube search by merging webview and search integration
  • Fixed rtsp, rtmp and mms mimetype registrations
  • New improved icon thx watchmaker

H1777 2014-01-11 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by llelectronics (Post 1405295)
Update:
Today I worked a little on file open dialog and added Show Filesystem Root aswell as Show SDCard entries. The last one should only appear if the SDCard is inserted. As I don't have any sdcard here free to test this it would be nice if someone could confirm that it is indeed working. (sources are updated on git)

Both show up just fine, thanks.

What might be missing in the menu is Go Back. If i go to Open File and then regret it...there is no way to return to main menu. The menu only shows Show Filesystem/Show Home/Show android sd/show sd. But not the application home. Not a big deal anyway

llelectronics 2014-01-11 17:39

You can just perform a back swipe (from left to right)

ZogG 2014-01-11 17:58

Can you add screenshots to your announcements threads as it's easier to check from phone on quick passing thru threads browsing :)
Thanks

H1777 2014-01-11 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by llelectronics (Post 1405683)
You can just perform a back swipe (from left to right)

duh! :o 10 chars

xerxes2 2014-01-11 22:16

I have another feature request, llvp should remember the last played video before closing, and position.

llelectronics 2014-01-12 11:19

Yeah that would be a nice feature. I am looking into it.

n950 2014-01-12 17:31

Hi,

I have download 128.pls file with my PC and windows 7. from http://www.fusionradio.fm/

How can I read it because I can't copy the file on my Jolla phone from windows 7.

Can you explain me please?

Is it possible to add a function to record some video from youtube for exemple?

Thank you.

mced 2014-01-12 18:56

Sorry, I've been very busy. I've seen that my requested -p option works perfectly. Thanks a lot.

llelectronics 2014-01-12 20:20

Quote:

How can I read it because I can't copy the file on my Jolla phone from windows 7.
This is a playlist file which is unfortunately not supported currently by my player. You can open up the pls file with a normal text editor and see the link it points too. (or the stream)
You can use that to open up the stream in my player with the open url option.

Quote:

Is it possible to add a function to record some video from youtube for exemple?
Theoretically that should be possible. But I currently don't have it on my todo list. (I think cutetube will come soon as full fledged youtube client)
If you open up a youtube video and copy the link (in open url) you can however download it with
Code:

curl -O <link>
already from terminal (sadly there is no copy and paste support for the terminal yet so you have to type it manually)

n950 2014-01-13 01:28

After:

curl -O <link>

In what directory I will find my video file and in what extension?

Corsten 2014-01-13 07:38

Is there support for mp3 playlist? Or is it planned for future updates?

llelectronics 2014-01-13 10:11

Generally no support for playlists atm.

@N950 that depends in which folder you execute the command. The Video will be downloaded in mp4 container with h.264 codec.

Hariainm 2014-01-13 19:19

I dont know if is because of your player, the browser or what, but i get constant "incorrect download" message in the notifications screen, and dont know how to stop it. Transfer screen dont show nothing, reinstall your player, clear cache in browser.. doesnt work, dont know what other things i can do. Any clue?

xerxes2 2014-01-14 01:32

You can try to wipe your download directory (~/Downloads).

Hariainm 2014-01-14 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1406259)
You can try to wipe your download directory (~/Downloads).

didn't work :(

olympus 2014-01-22 21:19

Hey there, I tried opening a radio stream in the player (mms://live3.infonetmedia.si/Antena) but the player says No URI set. Any ideas?

llelectronics 2014-01-23 10:22

It seems like the gstreamer backend is not able to resolv this particular mms:// uri.
I cannot do anything about it as this is a backend problem. We have to wait until gstreamer 1.0 comes and maybe supports mms:// or someone else writes a backend which supports it (amongst hardware video decoding)

cy8aer 2014-01-23 11:07

LLs vPlayer is used when e. g. opus audio files are selected from some file browser and the additional gstreamer plugins installed. If you have files longer than an hour you only see the minutes not the hours.

Example: Download http://meta.metaebene.me/media/mm/fs...ale-leute.opus (freakshow, german, 3 hours) and look at the location pointer when playing...

xerxes2 2014-01-23 12:34

1 Attachment(s)
That must be a bug, I tried it in Panucci and it seems to work just fine.

llelectronics 2014-01-23 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cy8aer (Post 1408411)
LLs vPlayer is used when e. g. opus audio files are selected from some file browser and the additional gstreamer plugins installed. If you have files longer than an hour you only see the minutes not the hours.

Yeah thats true. Has to do with the Formatter being set to showing DurationShort.
I fixed that issue by switching to Formatter DurationLong if 3599secs are passed.

This is fixed in version 0.3-2.
https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...-2.armv7hl.rpm

Hariainm 2014-01-24 01:44

Don't know if mentioned before, but are you planning to add support for .srt subtitle files? Thanks

llelectronics 2014-01-24 09:33

I don't see a way todo this currently. But as soon as I see a way I will implement it.

willi6868 2014-02-04 15:52

Would be great to have the option for showing also hidden files :)

idro 2014-02-13 08:59

I think that LLs is the best player ( at the moment ) for sailfish
You made a great work!
How I can play .avi files?
In N9 I can play files while in Jolla not?
The player says " your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in", I try to reinstall it but nothing changed

llelectronics 2014-02-13 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by idro (Post 1412537)
The player says " your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in", I try to reinstall it but nothing changed

A plugin is simply missing then. You can try to get some plugins from openrepos.net (warehouse).

Update: 0.3-3
  • Make play and pause mousearea bigger to easier click on them
  • Added DownloadManager for Youtube Videos
  • Load Youtube title if available