maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What do community members hope to see from Nokia? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30847)

Texrat 2009-08-17 18:30

What do community members hope to see from Nokia?

As a continuing part of my community presentation development, I am asking for more feedback. Please take the time to respond to this poll. If you don't find your response in the list, please select Other and explain in this thread. Thanks! Your input is a valuable part of continual improvement.

Note: the first two and next two options could be seen as mutually exclusive, but are not necessarily so. Feel free to vote either way.

lma 2009-08-17 19:08

Re: What do community members hope to see from Nokia?

On "other": facilitate community distribution-level development. That includes the Mer wishlist, enabling Diablo community updates, and hopefully giving Kalle Valo some resources for putting N8x0 support into the mainline kernel.

Stskeeps 2009-08-17 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by lma (Post 312456)

In Nokia's defense - they are actually forthcoming with this. It's just us who's a bit slow to get a proof of concept running :)

Texrat 2009-08-17 19:17

Good responses so far, thanks!

EDIT: it's occurred to me that this thread and the other one about the presentation really belong in the Community section. Could a moderator move them both? Thanks in advance.

nwerneck 2009-08-17 19:32

On "other", something that has been said a lot in other threads: the SDK must be perfected somehow.

GeraldKo 2009-08-17 19:34

I voted for Improved Maemo Content Management, though I'm not sure you meant what I meant. What I'm referring to (and I'm strictly a user, not a developer) is the Software section of maemo.org. It's not easy to find apps and it's very hard to figure out what many of them do by the descriptions provided. Also, and this may be a totally different matter, looking through App Manager to find worthy apps is hard now and will become impossible once there are more applications.

lma 2009-08-17 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stskeeps (Post 312458)
In Nokia's defense - they are actually forthcoming with this. It's just us who's a bit slow to get a proof of concept running :)

I hope it didn't come across as an accusation, it was just my "hope to see" :-)

Texrat 2009-08-17 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeraldKo (Post 312469)
I voted for Improved Maemo Content Management, though I'm not sure you meant what I meant.

I didn't mean anything in particular, which is why I kept it vague-- thanks for filling in some blanks. That's what I'm hoping for!

Texrat 2009-08-17 21:39

Top 2:

Quote:

Official channel to Nokia for product improvement ideas 10 45.45%

Improved product awareness (advertisements, public relations, user groups, other outreach) 14 63.64%
Interesting, and not surprising...

Texrat 2009-08-17 22:40

I see that 3 people selected detailed hardware roadmap, but there are no explanations offered on how to make such a thing work (for both major parties). Come on gang... no ideas from the voters at least? :p