maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   First thoughts about the (pre) Sailfish OS 2.0 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95923)

HtheB 2015-09-05 14:48

First thoughts about the (pre) Sailfish OS 2.0

Sailfish 2.0 looks very very nice!
Although, there are some things that bothers me, like no swipe down to lock phone directly.
It brings you an ambiance (profile) select menu, where you can also click the lock button... :confused:

Another thing: Volume buttons are not tied to media volume anymore, unless there is an app running on the background that uses sound :confused:

No more triggered action covers... They are now just normal buttons... I thought sailfish was all about gestures and using phone in a different way? People might say: homescreen is horizontal now, so using the triggers might not work out << wrong! You can still use edge swipe to bring out the other homescreens.... So i dont know why they removed this nice feature at all..

Seems like many of those can be patched yes...
In other words, this is Sailfish OS 2.0:

https://i.imgflip.com/qm0g0.jpg

coderus 2015-09-05 14:51

Re: First thoughts about the (pre) Sailfish OS 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1481177)
Another thing: Volume buttons are not tied to media volume anymore, unless you're inside an app that uses sound :confused:

Works for me with QuasarMX, no idea about other apps, maybe them not using media resource properly.

pichlo 2015-09-05 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1481177)
Volume buttons are not tied to media volume anymore, unless you're inside an app that uses sound :confused:

Finally! :D

m4r0v3r 2015-09-05 15:06

ahh got my hopes up thinking it was released.

b-man 2015-09-05 15:35

While I'm sure that context-aware volume control is a great addition that will be useful to many people, particularly phone users, I wouldn't mind if there was a setting that turned on/off context-aware volume control, as that would probably get annoying when I'm multitasking on the Jolla tablet.

Why should I need to stop what I'm doing (e.g. reading) and switch my focus to another app just to adjust volume when I can just use the volume buttons instead?

coderus 2015-09-05 15:43

I don't know what are you talknig about, but volume buttons working same way as before: If music playing it control music, if not it control phone.

b-man 2015-09-05 15:47

Thanks for the clarification, coderus. I don't own a Jolla phone, so I was speculating based off of what I've read about this so far. I think I'll just stay quiet on this topic until I actually have the hardware in my hands. :p

Kake41 2015-09-05 15:58

Well... At least the stock web browser is better than ever before.

HtheB 2015-09-05 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1481178)
Works for me with QuasarMX, no idea about other apps, maybe them not using media resource properly.

Sorry for the confusion, I edited the first post to make it more clear what I mean

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1481186)
I don't know what are you talknig about, but volume buttons working same way as before: If music playing it control music, if not it control phone.

Nope, old behavior is "Always change media player sound, even when there is no app turned on that uses sound"
The volume buttons NEVER changed the ringtone sound on old sailfish versions.

You seems to be confused with harmattan.

wrm 2015-09-05 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kake41 (Post 1481192)
Well... At least the stock web browser is better than ever before.

What about text wrap? The most missing feature for me :)