maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Need Help: How to change the Operator Name on N9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86043)

MFaroTusino 2012-08-12 04:10

Need Help: How to change the Operator Name on N9

I was looking through some dev stuff, and came across contextkit. It can be used for a few things across the device, one is for the SimATK. I was wondering if anybody knew a way to modify it, in order to replace the text with something of my own choosing?

The other thing is, is it possible to change it (not necessarily with contextkit) by making an alteration in Unrestricted System-UI.

Thanks for the help

F2thaK 2012-08-12 04:22

Re: Need Help: How to change the Operator Name on N9

we can remove the operator name, Im not 100% sure how, I think N9QTweak will have the option soon

Schturman 2012-08-12 04:44

Yep, it will be added to the next version of N9QT :)
The source here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2030
It work by changing maximum size of space for operator name from 30.0mm -1 to 0 -1

F2thaK 2012-08-12 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1250723)
Yep, it will be added to the next version of N9QT :)
The source here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2030
It work by changing maximum size of space for operator name from 30.0mm -1 to 0 -1

I tried this, do you need to change it in base folder?

Schturman 2012-08-12 04:54

Yes... In base folder.

F2thaK 2012-08-12 05:01

Ahh yes, then the background colour changes too :D

Thx

Schturman 2012-08-12 05:31

i forgot.. It have a little problem.. If you use unrestricted sys-ui with battery percentage, it also will be removed...

MFaroTusino 2012-08-12 07:37

I know it can be removed, but removal is different to changing it. You remove it by simply making its size 0.

You can also make the text black if you want.

What I am talking about, is altering the text displayed. EG. From "Vodafone AU" to "Mike's Phone" or even just "Voda AU" to save space

Schturman 2012-08-12 08:27

Yep, we understand what you mean, but still anybody don't know how to do this...

MohammadAG 2012-08-12 21:19

It can probably be changed by use of something similar to glol (contextkit) or by editing system-ui's source. If the first method works I'll implement that and push it to the store / apps4meego or something.

Vesuri 2012-08-13 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFaroTusino (Post 1250715)
I was looking through some dev stuff, and came across contextkit. It can be used for a few things across the device, one is for the SimATK. I was wondering if anybody knew a way to modify it, in order to replace the text with something of my own choosing?

What exactly would you like to do with the SimATK? There are two parts to it: the cell name display on the home screen and the separate SIM menu application (with the annoying SIM icon). The cell name display on the home screen isn't really useful for any other purposes since it always contains the SIM icon (which can be removed from the CSS though) and a localized string "Cell info: ", which is not overridable.

If you want to change the operator name shown in the status bar though, just override the values for ContextKit keys Cellular.NetworkName and Cellular.ExtendedNetworkName (see https://meego.gitorious.org/meegotou...or.cpp#line468) by creating context properties and using -1 as their timestamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MohammadAG (Post 1251060)
It can probably be changed by use of something similar to glol (contextkit) or by editing system-ui's source.

No need to touch system-ui for this.

(I thought I had already explained this somewhere, but it seems that it was in the original poster's own blog. :))

Kozzi 2012-08-13 13:23

Hell yes, so it's possible after all, no need to hide it using bunch of custom network icons like some methods.

Vesuri 2012-08-13 16:22

Operator name changing will be included in Home screen settings 1.6.0, which is currently waiting for translations to arrive.

Schturman 2012-08-13 17:11

Can you explain please exactly, how do you do this?
Which files modified and how?
Thanks

Vesuri 2012-08-13 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1251388)
Can you explain please exactly, how do you do this?

By creating a context provider for the Cellular.NetworkName ContextKit key which overrides the value supplied by the default provider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1251388)
Which files modified and how?

It's not a matter of modifying some pre-existing files but writing code. The Context Framework documentation is available here.

wook_sf 2012-08-13 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuri (Post 1251420)
By creating a context provider for the Cellular.NetworkName ContextKit key which overrides the value supplied by the default provider.

It's not a matter of modifying some pre-existing files but writing code. The Context Framework documentation is available here.

Vesuri, what the heck are you waiting for? many of us would love to have it and we agreed (right?) that there's no point of keeping harmattan clean without remaking it (right?) :)
so....:D thank you :D

Vesuri 2012-08-13 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by wook_sf (Post 1251445)
Vesuri, what the heck are you waiting for?

Done already, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=68

efion 2012-08-14 01:56

@Vesuri & @Schturman

I'm sorry if i missread this,
in the N9QTweak by Schturman says do not install Vesuri's Homescreen Settings, or it will get bootloop.
Any possible idea to join those two mods, i like N9QT, but i missed to change my homescreen background, and if its there, change the operator name.
Anyway, you both guys works awesome! :)

Arie 2012-08-14 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by efion (Post 1251527)
@Vesuri & @Schturman

I'm sorry if i missread this,
in the N9QTweak by Schturman says do not install Vesuri's Homescreen Settings, or it will get bootloop.
Any possible idea to join those two mods, i like N9QT, but i missed to change my homescreen background, and if its there, change the operator name.
Anyway, you both guys works awesome! :)

This is false, I use tweak A and Homescreen settings, no problems so far...

Schturman 2012-08-14 04:46

Efion, you can use HSS and N9QT, just don't use rotation option from tweak A and B, and don't change background from tweak W.. And you will be fine. I need update wiki and pdf about this :)

kai_en 2012-08-14 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arie (Post 1251543)
This is false, I use tweak A and Homescreen settings, no problems so far...

you use tweak A with with option 4 only? Speed up only transition without landscape mod on homescreen and lockscreen?

wook_sf 2012-08-14 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schturman (Post 1251555)
Efion, you can use HSS and N9QT, just don't use rotation option from tweak A and B, and don't change background from tweak W.. And you will be fine. I need update wiki and pdf about this :)

you need to remove incompatibility from n9QuickT - reason why i am not using it..

thedead1440 2012-08-14 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by wook_sf (Post 1251735)
you need to remove incompatibility from n9QuickT - reason why i am not using it..

But wook the incompatibility is due to N9QT giving the option to do the same thing as HSS...removing it means removing the option altogether which isn't that good a thing right?

i'm using both since the first day...you wont' have issues with it trust me :D

the issues are for people "less" aware...

Arie 2012-08-14 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai_en (Post 1251729)
you use tweak A with with option 4 only? Speed up only transition without landscape mod on homescreen and lockscreen?

Yes.

10chars

wook_sf 2012-08-14 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1251740)
But wook the incompatibility is due to N9QT giving the option to do the same thing as HSS...removing it means removing the option altogether which isn't that good a thing right?

i'm using both since the first day...you wont' have issues with it trust me :D

the issues are for people "less" aware...

well, after i submit reply i was wondering (what tweaks are there that i would like to use and i didn't applied em in vista :D or under my system :D hihihi (you know any?)

thedead1440 2012-08-14 17:00

Tweak GG: Change Boot & Startup
Tweak W Launcher Progress indicator
Tweak L: Change Outgoing & Incoming Call icons
Tweak F: LPS clock not changed as well as LPS icons unchanged
Tweak A (TBC): Speed up Transitions

Everything else is covered :D
From the above i think progress indicator is nice to have and ofcourse a custom boot video from wook would be great to watch (maybe a graphic depicting smartsearch being killed :D ;) )

The rest all I too would prefer to do them manually to suit individual tastes...Maybe you can mod them first to your taste...

wook_sf 2012-08-14 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1251779)
Tweak GG: Change Boot & Startup
Tweak W Launcher Progress indicator
Tweak L: Change Outgoing & Incoming Call icons
Tweak F: LPS clock not changed as well as LPS icons unchanged
Tweak A (TBC): Speed up Transitions

Everything else is covered :D
From the above i think progress indicator is nice to have and ofcourse a custom boot video from wook would be great to watch (maybe a graphic depicting smartsearch being killed :D ;) )

The rest all I too would prefer to do them manually to suit individual tastes...Maybe you can mod them first to your taste...

startup would be good (will check that out) - but not video as i am not good with video files :D just boot logo ;) in landscape :)
launcher progress indicator (where's that? :S)
what incoming/outgoing call icons? those in status bar? can be done easily :)
LPS...huh not using it here :D
transitions are fine for me :D

F2thaK 2012-08-19 09:39

anyone else lost their BT icon since hiding operator logo?

Schturman 2012-08-19 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by F2thaK (Post 1253445)

No problem here..

wook_sf 2012-08-19 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by F2thaK (Post 1253445)

no problems here either

BeLeL 2015-01-04 12:10

so..no problem using qtweak n hs setting?n i use homescreen bg to change the backgrounds..

im new here... :D