maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [ANNOUNCE] WebOS Games Manager (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70795)

divan 2011-03-08 00:35

[ANNOUNCE] WebOS Games Manager

WebOS Games Manager ('wgames' in repo) - automatic installer/uninstaller for WebOS games. It installs game from .ipk file, applies all needed hacks and creates desktop launcher. It also can back up/restore games' saves.

Features:
* Single click install/uninstall
* Applies all needed hacks
* No changes in system files/dirs (all hacks are implemented with LD_PRELOAD technique)
* No root usage - desktop/icons are stored under /home/user/.local path
* Installs game (by default) into 32GB partition
* Localization support
* Written in C++ using Qt4
* Allows to store/restore game saves
* Multitouch-dependant games adapted for keyboard controls (NOTE. Seems, now that mappings works only for ru_RU locale, Will be researched and fixed ASAP)
* Configurable settings for dirs (useful for people with unusual partitioning)
* Space and directories checks on all stages of install/uninstall
* Simple procedure for adding new games

Maemo packages URL: http://maemo.org/packages/view/wgames/

Install
* Install 'WebOS Games Manager' via Application manager, or 'apt-get install wgames' via terminal.

Usage:
* Copy your purchased ) .ipk files into MyDocs/Downloads dir. (for Windows users - dir Downloads on Nokia N900, when connected to computer). Create this folder if not exists.
* Run WebOS Games from Applications menu, select game and press 'Install'.

Screenshots:
http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames01.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames02.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames03.png

http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames04.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames05.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames06.png

http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames07.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames08.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames09.png

http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames10.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames11.png http://wgames.garage.maemo.org/th_wgames12.png

Notes:
The supported games list will grow, as soon as comunity members will post information about it here. To add a new game to the list, you have to prepare .ini file and image for preview. Format of .ini file and (optional) postinstall file I will describe later, but meanwhile you can see examples in /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo/ dir.

Here is the brief tutorial for How to contribute with new game support.

I also ask people for help with translations. It's super-easy process, using QtLinguist.

TODO:
* Keyboard remapping editor.

Suggestions and bugreports are welcome here.

Garcel 2011-03-08 00:39

Re: [ANNOUNCE] WebOS Games Manager

Super Awsome! I hope more games to come like plants vs zombie =)

Kenny1001 2011-03-08 00:47

cant find it. must be my fault

divan 2011-03-08 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny1001 (Post 962849)
cant find it. must be my fault

It's in extras-devel now. Make sure it's enabled and fresh updated.

Andy1210 2011-03-08 00:59

wow, very nice.

pls make manually editable path settings, because i need set Data Dir to /home/preenv/

mistman 2011-03-08 01:30

Just my luck

spent last 2 hours installing and modding for gamegripper and later you release this.

God i hate you haha

(Great program btw will use from now on haha thanks )

:)

divan 2011-03-08 01:55

Quote:

pls make manually editable path settings, because i need set Data Dir to /home/preenv/
You're right. Will add in next update.
Meanwhile, you can manually edit path here /home/user/.config/PalmPre/Manager.conf

sophocha 2011-03-08 02:21

Nice! Now how do we start a game and how do we create an icon for it?

divan 2011-03-08 02:30

Quote:

Nice! Now how do we start a game and how do we create an icon for it?
Icon is created automatically during game installation, and available for launch from Application menu as any other program/game.

sophocha 2011-03-08 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by divan (Post 962870)
Icon is created automatically during game installation, and available for launch from Application menu as any other program/game.

My mistake.you are right! :)

lucky88shp 2011-03-08 04:02

Wow looks like a sweet app!!!
So now will HAWX and other games that are hard to install work automatically when installed via this??

zaksloan 2011-03-08 04:12

I'm trying to install via the terminal and am getting this message:

"Couldn't find package wgames"

I also cannot see it in any of the appliaction manager repositories. I have Extras, Devel and all the others installed.

Any suggestions?

Maruzko 2011-03-08 04:31

Awesome work.

What about Preenv games already installed on the device, will it see them and be able to manage the keyboard hacks on them ?
Or a re-install of the games is required ?

Will it support management of games packaged as .deb ?

Thanks.

roelee 2011-03-08 05:04

I found this when i'm trying to install .ipk games..

Failed!
Cannot parse JSON: gzip: short read /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Child returned status 1 /usr/bin/gnu/tar: *appinfo.json: Not found in archive /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

immi.shk 2011-03-08 06:13

need help... i already had preenv games(Sims,NFSUC,HeroofSparta,Asphalt) in "/home/user/applications/" altho i didnt installed avatar tht time... nw wht i did is i deleted that game folders... and did their installation again with .ipk files with this App... they all installed without an error... but the games i already had are not working... except avatar which is working and i din't had it before...

What do i need to do ?... also tell how to get rid of their shortcuts...

Thanks in advance... :)

Edit - A Launch Button with game info will be Nice (:

ivgalvez 2011-03-08 07:30

Wonderful work mate.

shazosbourne 2011-03-08 08:38

I already have preenv installed however when I try to install via the .deb I get an error :

Unable to install 'wgames'
Some application packages required for the installation are missing.

Details:
Application packages missing: preenv(>=0.1.5)
binutils

Any ideas?
I might try installing the deb via xterm.
Apt-get install wgames didn't work either it game me a could not find error.

EDIT. Got it installed by updating preenv and installing binutils using apt-get install -f

N900L 2011-03-08 08:41

The app shows only 23 games.
there are more then 50 games working.
how do you update the list?

Dark_Angel85 2011-03-08 08:48

would like to see more games support! cool app!

Fellfrosch 2011-03-08 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by roelee (Post 962934)
I found this when i'm trying to install .ipk games..

Failed!
Cannot parse JSON: gzip: short read /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Child returned status 1 /usr/bin/gnu/tar: *appinfo.json: Not found in archive /usr/bin/gnu/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Same happend to me. Any solution?:confused:

divan 2011-03-08 09:22

Quote:

Failed!
Can you please tell what game did you try to install?
Usually each .ipk file contains appinfo.json file with game info. That error means that this file is not found in archive. I would like to check it. Feel free to send me a PM.

Everyone with error 'wgame is not found' - please, double check your repositories and update them. The program is definitely there, so the problem is on your side.

Quote:

What about Preenv games already installed on the device, will it see them and be able to manage the keyboard hacks on them ?
Or a re-install of the games is required ?

Will it support management of games packaged as .deb ?
No and no.
It doesn't support heuristics about manually installed games. You need to uninstall them. Or - if you're really understand the process - you can edit /home/user/.config/PalmPre/Manager.conf file and mark that games as installed, and make sure you specify correct Bin and Data pathes.

The question about keyboard remapping is interesting - I was asked it already a few times. If it happens to be really requested feature I can add remapping keyboard feature.

Quote:

The app shows only 23 games.
there are more then 50 games working.
how do you update the list?
To update the list you just need to create .ini file with game description (see examples in /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo/ini), create image with game screenshot (450x150) and (optionally) postinstall script (again, see self-explanatory examples in /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo/hacks). I will provide detailed description a bit later.
And if you put these files into /usr/share/wgames/gamesinfo, the program will have a support for it. If you sure it does work, feel free to post your .ini here and I will add support to the next update.

Quote:

Edit - A Launch Button with game info will be Nice (:
Sorry, but what for do we need Launch button, if there are desktop launchers in Application menu?

ivgalvez 2011-03-08 09:40

I think remapping is a really must-have.

It's not the same to use keyboard or GameGripper and there are also differences between keyboard layouts for different countries.

MaDless 2011-03-08 10:03

just installed NFSU -> all working...cheers for this usefull app :)

Veleno 2011-03-08 10:25

Amazing application, thank you.
An idea to key mapping:

Just add at the default .desktop file one line like this

Exec=/usr/bin/com-gameloft-app-assassins && sh /home/user/MyDocs/assassin.sh

Dark_Angel85 2011-03-08 10:54

also, the shortcuts for the games only appear in the 'ALL' application category (i'm using catorize) and it doesn't appear in the catorizeGUI to be shifted to games.. .also from the desktop, i can't seem to find the shortcut of the game to be put on the desktp

divan 2011-03-08 11:15

Quote:

also, the shortcuts for the games only appear in the 'ALL' application category (i'm using catorize) and it doesn't appear in the catorizeGUI to be shifted to games.. .also from the desktop, i can't seem to find the shortcut of the game to be put on the desktp
Icons and .desktop files are placed under /home/user/.local directory. If you have latest Maemo5 update (I mean CSSU one), you should be able to put these shortcuts onto the desktop, There was a bug against it and it fixed since november 2010.
As for the catorize - seems it doesn't include ~/.local into it's search path. I will look further on this issue. For myself I use ApMeFo application - it doesn't sort icons automatically, but allows you to create custom folders.

MaDless 2011-03-08 11:37

it`s seems that keyboard support is not working..the app will tell you what keys u need to use, but thay are not working in the game.
game tryied : Heroes of sparta and avatar

EDIT: I did not install libsdlpre.so for keyboard support, that may be the case :)

Alb3rtO 2011-03-08 11:47

1 Attachment(s)
CSome help pls!

bubbbbbz 2011-03-08 11:50

so when new games are available does this mean we need to search for the .ipk? cant the ipk come with dowload sorry im a noobie :)

MINKIN2 2011-03-08 11:51

Great work with this App divan, you are going to make soooo many users happy with this :)

Installing this now and looking forward to trying it out.

[OM] 2011-03-08 11:57

Quote:

Installing Monopoly

Progress
Step 1: Checking available space... OK
Step 2: Extracting game info... OK (Monopoly 20.0.35 by EA)
Step 2: Prepare directories... OK
Step 2: Unpack archive (it may take a while)... OK
Step 2: Prepare files and symlinks...
Failed!
Cannot copy binary file /home/user/MyDocs/WebOS/Games/Monopoly/usr/palm/applications...
to /home/user/Games/Monopoly/monopolyclassic

what's wrong?

divan 2011-03-08 12:01

Quote:

cant the ipk come with dowload sorry im a noobie
No, it can't, because .ipk files are closed source and you have to buy them first.

Quote:

CSome help pls!
Seems .ipk file is corrupted or wrong. If you sure it's ok, PM me. I would like to see this .ipk file.

Quote:

it`s seems that keyboard support is not working..the app will tell you what keys u need to use, but thay are not working in the game.
game tryied : Heroes of sparta and avatar
Can you please tell what system locale do you use?

AgogData 2011-03-08 12:02

divan, you are the same guy how made nfsu installer..awesome job man :)
is the .sh files (key mapping) here works as usual ? i mean, now the game is installed in MyDocs..when i [ ex. : sh fifa.sh] the .sh file is automaticaly locating itself to /opt directory of the game folder, so that means i should edit the .sh file to be located in the new directory.

divan 2011-03-08 12:03

Quote:

what's wrong?
Did you set up Data Dir to /home/users/MyDocs/WebOS/Games manually? Can you run wgames from the terminal and post the output?(better to send me PM).

immi.shk 2011-03-08 12:09

wht about my Query in page-2... :(
the games i already installed before Wgames doesnot work(with both shortcuts)...:confused:

[OM] 2011-03-08 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by divan (Post 963104)
Did you set up Data Dir to /home/users/MyDocs/WebOS/Games manually? Can you run wgames from the terminal and post the output?(better to send me PM).

thanks, yes i changed the folder settings.

in the terminal i found out that the folders doesnt seem to be correct

the ipk was extracted to
Code:

WebOS/Games/Monopoly/usr/palm/applications/com.ea.app.monopolyx/
but when the manager is trying to install it looks at
Code:

WebOS/Games/Monopoly/usr/palm/applications/com.ea.app.monopoly.eu.efigs/
therefore it cannot work

Dark_Angel85 2011-03-08 12:19

hmmm... can't get the keyboard to work as well... about to shortcuts, i checked and it is installed in /home/user/share/.local/applications

all my games are in there... so... how come it doesn't show in the desktop adding shortcuts?

yauchildchew 2011-03-08 12:28

for webOS games installed previously, do we need to remove and reinstall with this manager? btw how to uninstall webOS previouslt install? i think i only read how to install only.

Dark_Angel85 2011-03-08 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by divan (Post 963101)
Can you please tell what system locale do you use?

erm... how do I check that? is it MyDocs? I thought it automatically installs it to MyDocs?

taril 2011-03-08 12:41

Keyboard is unusable. What to do? I copied library file anyway.
System locale is hu_HU