maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Bluetooth PBAP and IrMC / Carkit support is coming to N900... (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59114)

Marpas 2010-08-05 09:31

Re: [Announce] Bluetooth PBAP and IrMC / Carkit support is coming to N900...

Sorry for my bad english.
It works with the OBEXD from 21 July on my:
Skoda Oktavia from 2009 Model 2010
Still only the Adressbook with multiple number.
Thank you

leviathan18 2010-08-05 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marpas (Post 776363)
Sorry for my bad english.
It works with the OBEXD from 21 July on my:
Skoda Oktavia from 2009 Model 2010
Still only the Adressbook with multiple number.
Thank you

your octavia has navigation system?

James_H 2010-08-05 16:08

I had a go at following the process/using files on the wiki but did not have much luck. I'll have another go tonight and get some logs.

However, if I do ps | grep obex (not in the car), it returns:
1160 user 8300 S /usr/lib/obex/obexd --nodaemon --opp --ftp --pcsuite

Is this right, or should there be a --pbap in there if setup correctly?

-----------------

I would be interested to know how thofstee and Marpas eventually get on as I may have a similar setup.

I have an Octavia II with the Columbus (equivalent to the VW RNS-510 or SEAT Mediasystem), but this is just the navigation/audio systems. It can display the phone information, but is not a phone unit itself.

My phone unit is the 1Z0 035 729B, which is under the drivers seat and identifies itself as Skoda_UHV. This was the earliest model that would display on the Columbus and is of their 'GSMII' type, meaning most phones should work. It is not one of the newer rSAP-only 'GSMIII' units fitted to later cars.

(Incidentally, this was never officially available from Skoda in the UK but is a popular retrofit on the Octavia II (plus Golf V and Leon II))

I could usually make and receive calls fine with the car, but just not have any phonebook access with the N900 before doing this.

memo514 2010-08-05 17:15

Hello guys it worked fine with my Kenwood dnx6140, and phone book has been transfered fine . :)

But i got another thing i want to check if it would have any solution . my Kenwood DNX6140 also support SMS to be sent and recived from the interface , but i think N900 doesn't have the Bluetooth Profile that support that . i think it is S

is there anyfix for that ?

id really apprciate it if someone could help me

leviathan18 2010-08-05 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_H (Post 776714)
I had a go at following the process/using files on the wiki but did not have much luck. I'll have another go tonight and get some logs.

However, if I do ps | grep obex (not in the car), it returns:
1160 user 8300 S /usr/lib/obex/obexd --nodaemon --opp --ftp --pcsuite

Is this right, or should there be a --pbap in there if setup correctly?

-----------------

I would be interested to know how thofstee and Marpas eventually get on as I may have a similar setup.

I have an Octavia II with the Columbus (equivalent to the VW RNS-510 or SEAT Mediasystem), but this is just the navigation/audio systems. It can display the phone information, but is not a phone unit itself.

My phone unit is the 1Z0 035 729B, which is under the drivers seat and identifies itself as Skoda_UHV. This was the earliest model that would display on the Columbus and is of their 'GSMII' type, meaning most phones should work. It is not one of the newer rSAP-only 'GSMIII' units fitted to later cars.

(Incidentally, this was never officially available from Skoda in the UK but is a popular retrofit on the Octavia II (plus Golf V and Leon II))

I could usually make and receive calls fine with the car, but just not have any phonebook access with the N900 before doing this.

nice to see another vag owner around :)

I have a Leon II with the standard stereo and the stock BT unit, did you retrofit the rns510 ? if so did you get the premium BT module or you have the stock one ? (the difference is massive the premium let you dial in the rns510 with a keypad in the screen and usually works with nokia phones) the rSAP model is for nokia phones I have pics of it.

James_H 2010-08-05 20:37

Hi, sounds like you have almost the same BT as me.

Mine is a bit between the two. It isn't the Premium module that does rSAP only. The car had the Basic stock unit when I bought it, which would operate only with the multi function display between the dials. I retrofitted the Columbus and later upgraded the BT module to the slightly better Basic version that can be operated via the head unit.

Some of the benefit of that upgraded unit is a bit lost now with the N900 as it is, so hopefully I can get this working!

Marpas 2010-08-06 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviathan18 (Post 776666)
your octavia has navigation system?

No. Radiosystem calls "Bolero".

jakoleh 2010-08-06 08:09

I have Octavia II also with preinstalled bluetooth set (UHV High / GSM II PN. 1Z0 035 729B) . I did try to get it work with N900, but it seems that it doesn't support pbap or irmc at all. Instead it tries to download the phonebook using At-commands (at+cbps=?) which are not support by bluez. I have been trying to find the supported bluetooth profiles for this unit, but had no luck. It seems that this pbap/irmc feature doesn't help much with the UHV High :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_H (Post 776714)

James_H 2010-08-06 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakoleh (Post 777515)
I have Octavia II also with preinstalled bluetooth set (UHV High / GSM II PN. 1Z0 035 729B) . I did try to get it work with N900, but it seems that it doesn't support pbap or irmc at all. Instead it tries to download the phonebook using At-commands (at+cbps=?) which are not support by bluez. I have been trying to find the supported bluetooth profiles for this unit, but had no luck. It seems that this pbap/irmc feature doesn't help much with the UHV High :(

That doesn't sound good. :( In my debugs, I certainly find lots of AT commands followed by errors.

I did find this document, in Czech, about the UHV High+ / GSMII (and UHV premium / GSMIII):
http://www.skoda-auto.cz/cze/Documen...erb_GSM_CZ.pdf
Thanks to a rough Google translate, for the GSMII it comes back with:
Download the phonebook and call lists, implemented profile PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) for download phone contacts
I gather this must relate to a newer UHV High+ model, while mine might not have the +.

I'm still not convinced whether PBAP is actually up and running on my N900. I'll try it on our other car with aKendwood head unit.

mirakels 2010-08-06 14:03

James_H
if you follow the Troubleshouting section on the wiki page (see page 1 of thsi thread) you can easily figure out what your carkit supports and what the running obexd supports.