maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   OS2008 / Maemo 4 / Chinook - Diablo (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   'Fixed in Fremantle' and Diablo community SSU (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30648)

fanoush 2009-12-30 22:32

Re: SSU packages for community repository

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikkov (Post 447274)
aha, title and blog post are missing very importantant keyword: DIABLO. Without that this doensn't make much sense

got a bit confused too, additionally this topic is created in "maemo.org > Talk > OS / Platform > Development" so no hint there either :-)

fanoush 2009-12-30 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremiah (Post 445153)
If anyone has an SSU to submit, please let me know.

Hmm, is there some testing way for SSU similar to fremantle extras-devel->testing->extras repositories?

What about legal issues like making new initfs image with closed stuff inside?

qole 2010-01-26 18:32

How's this going? Can I help?

I was reminded recently that I promised to push the community SSU forward as part of my term on council. The crazy months of the N900 release and update, and my own development work, somewhat drowned out this project.

I'm willing to do some testing, and I want to make this happen, so ...

qole 2010-01-26 18:34

Re: 'Fixed in Fremantle' and Diablo community SSU

Jeremiah has a repository, so can SD69 and Stskeeps try to pull something together here? Feel free to e-mail me or PM me or whatever to tell me what the problems are.

SD69 2010-01-29 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by qole (Post 495947)
Jeremiah has a repository, so can SD69 and Stskeeps try to pull something together here? Feel free to e-mail me or PM me or whatever to tell me what the problems are.

I sent you a PM

lma 2010-01-29 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremiah (Post 445153)
I have set up a new repository on the new infrastructure generously provided by Nokia for community SSU packages. The new repo is not yet public but I would like to test it with some packages and get it ready for when it becomes publicly viewable.

Thanks!

Sorry I disappeared, this month has been mad... I haven't got anything newer than the osso-pdf-viewer package you've already seen, but I'm hoping to have some time to package stuff after FOSDEM.

In the meantime, if anyone feels like having a go here's a bunch of patches waiting to be applied.

gerbick 2010-01-30 03:11

Is it too early to be happy and have hope?

qole 2010-01-30 03:53

Stskeeps needs to prioritise this. I will have to sit in the lobby of my hotel next week (when I assume the next sprint meeting is happening?) and hassle him. I want a beta-testers version ASAP, and we can begin feeding back to the SSU team.

Stskeeps 2010-01-30 08:21

Just moving the answer here

Quote:

Originally Posted by qole (Post 501999)
I still want to see our Distmaster guide the final bugfix version of Diablo out the door as a community SSU. That acomplishment would put a lot of these angsty threads to rest; people would see that Nokia does help our community support old devices. The next step would be getting Mer into a usable state. Really, it doesn't need to be beautiful or feature packed, but it needs to the basic stuff.

As for all the council quitting bluster -- Whatever. You got a Big Agenda you want to push? Run for council yourself.

Community SSU is TBH, ready to go, we have new servers (finally), a debmaster who is making the repositories, patches to be put into it.

I wasn't doing anything related to this of the sole reason SD69 and lma had taken up the torch of pushing this forward and I'm not for one to take over projects from others. I've been ready for any action items for me to take care of for a long while. But it has all been waiting on new servers and getting actual repository going. The question is then, who's supposed to take leadership of the project?

What I -did- do in the last couple of days was visiting Finland. And discussing several issues related to the community. Such as, how to deal with things legally if we need to drop in a binary package and distribute it, what if I have the shot at patching a closed source package from N8x0 and how to distribute the results. All relevant to community SSU.

As for council quitting bluster, I'm going to assume that was regarding the rucus from the other thread and not based on the quote from my post.

P.S. If anyone wants a exact output of what I've used my 20hours/week on they're more than welcome to ask as I keep track of this.

lma 2010-01-30 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stskeeps (Post 502160)
Community SSU is TBH, ready to go, we have new servers (finally), a debmaster who is making the repositories, patches to be put into it.

Cool :-) I feel that I'm the bottleneck here, but I still very much want this to happen. Apologies, and please bear with me for another week or so.

Quote:

What I -did- do in the last couple of days was visiting Finland. And discussing several issues related to the community. Such as, how to deal with things legally if we need to drop in a binary package and distribute it, what if I have the shot at patching a closed source package from N8x0 and how to distribute the results. All relevant to community SSU.
Much appreciate thanks :-) A somewhat related question is whether Nokia would be willing to publish fixed-but-not-released packages. But I guess we probably have to prove the community SSU works before we can ask for that :-)

(BTW, if a moderator is reading this can we merge this thread?)