maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla Tablet (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96050)

coderus 2016-09-13 06:55

Re: Jolla TABLET User Experience Thread

did you tried https://github.com/monich/harbour-books ?

i486

ARM

And it's same with Jolla Store application Books: https://zhiz0id.github.io/josh/#/josh/item/168

carmenluci 2016-09-13 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1514980)
did you tried https://github.com/monich/harbour-books ?

i486

ARM

And it's same with Jolla Store application Books: https://zhiz0id.github.io/josh/#/josh/item/168

Yep, I've installed this app in my tablet, but FBReader is much better. It works very smooth and links are supported.

explit 2016-09-13 07:53

I contacted the company, who made Sailfish Port of FBReader (armv7hl).
He answered me:

Hello ExPLIT, I am working on an i486 release in addition to the armv7hl
one with some new features.

So if you can wait a few weeks it will be available so you don't need to
do double work.

meemorph 2016-09-14 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1514976)
How bad is the battery life compared to before? Anybody done a measurement or just pulling out their estimations/experience?

Just curious...

28%/24h in flight mode and sleeping (nothing running). It could be a server :rolleyes:

coderus 2016-09-14 21:05

maybe just battery is old and 3 months ago it was in better condition? :D

pichlo 2016-09-15 04:56

Exactly what I thought about all those reports about "Aurajoki ate my battery!"
But that could apply to the phone. The tablet came out barely a year ago. If the battery got noticeably worse in that period, then it must have been cr@p to start with.

nthn 2016-09-15 07:49

If only. I actually switched to another battery because I first thought the old battery had given up, but to no avail. Something in 2.0.2 is slurping battery like there's no tomorrow.

pichlo 2016-09-15 08:28

I, in contrast, have observed absolutely zero difcerence on the battery life in the past three releases. On the phone, that is, so sorry for the OT. My battery life has always been crap. Based on my own experience, anyone who claims less than a 15% overnight drop (with WiFi and cellular enabled) is a pathological liar.

meemorph 2016-09-15 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1515039)
maybe just battery is old and 3 months ago it was in better condition? :D

Three months is nothing, the battery was from Finland, not Russia. :p

coderus 2016-09-15 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by meemorph (Post 1515085)
Three months is nothing, the battery was from Finland, not Russia. :p

That is a problem. I dont trust foreign batteries less than 6000mAh.

meemorph 2016-09-15 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1515094)
That is a problem. I dont trust foreign batteries less than 6000mAh.

after kidding around, the battery is from China and still good. Could be a hardware problem, because the battery life is worse with android 4.4 too. A very cheap lenovo tablet with same chipset needs 2% per night only.

zenecho 2016-10-18 15:35

Sorry meant to post this before - Very pleased to discover that after an OS update and an Android software update the BBC Radio app now works just fine (it used to just say loading stream and then nothing)

mscion 2016-10-18 15:55

Hi. Which update?

gerbick 2016-10-18 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenecho (Post 1516949)
Sorry meant to post this before - Very pleased to discover that after an OS update and an Android software update the BBC Radio app now works just fine (it used to just say loading stream and then nothing)

Wasn't there a recent update for the BBC Radio app as well?

zenecho 2016-10-19 19:57

Sailfish Build 2.0.2.51
BBC RADIO 2.10.5.8088

gerbick 2016-10-19 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenecho (Post 1517016)
Sailfish Build 2.0.2.51
BBC RADIO 2.10.5.8088

Old version of Sailfish, absolutely no ****ing clue about the build of the BBC Radio app without having to hunt down a changelog - not an user, but saw mention online not too long ago about updates happening.

Edit: Seems like you've seen an update after March 2016 given your version that you listed out for the BBC Radio.

zenecho 2016-10-20 12:24

Gerbick

Thank you for you interest, its nice to know Im not alone, but I am slightly confused by your questions as I did post originally to say its now all working?

gerbick 2016-10-20 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenecho (Post 1517052)
Gerbick

Thank you for you interest, its nice to know Im not alone, but I am slightly confused by your questions as I did post originally to say its now all working?

No. I'm simply stating that there was an update to Sailfish as well as the BBC Radio Android app. Both updates seems to have remedied your problem. My inquiry was into when the BBC Radio app got updated. Not the version.

zenecho 2016-10-24 12:54

Hello Gerbick

I see sorry Im a bit useless. i remember I updated the OS, and did not check to see if the BBC Radio app worked or not. A few days later there was an Automatic Android update and I saw that the BBC Radio app had been updated , so I gave it a try and it worked

gerbick 2016-10-24 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenecho (Post 1517296)
Hello Gerbick

I see sorry Im a bit useless. i remember I updated the OS, and did not check to see if the BBC Radio app worked or not. A few days later there was an Automatic Android update and I saw that the BBC Radio app had been updated , so I gave it a try and it worked

Never useless. I knew of others having problems with the BBC Radio; so if an update resolves those problems, that helps a lot of other people.

Thanks.

Boxeri 2017-12-17 14:06

I recently came across weird problem with my tablet.

I updated it to the latest firmware and my sound loundness got stuck maximum. Using the physical buttons, 3 finger slide or directly volume settings makes no changes. It is stuck to the loudest. Also listening something over app and using its volume settings don't work.

I removed all patches prior to updating ans saw no errors during update. Checked together.jolla and couldn't find any solutions.

Can anyone offer any help? Really wouldn't want to flash this and lose everything.

thanks

mosen 2017-12-17 18:13

what does pulseaudio control do?

set volume for sink 1:
Code:

pactl set-sink-volume 1 50%

abranson 2017-12-17 23:00

Hi, this is a known problem and will be fixed in an upcoming release. Don't flash!

Boxeri 2017-12-18 06:39

Ok, thanks to both. I will wait then