maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Competitors (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are you Ready? F(x)tec Pro 1 HW Keyboard Phone (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100554)

taixzo 2020-11-22 03:45

Re: Are you Ready? F(x)tec Pro 1 HW Keyboard Phone

The tutorial is pretty straightforward:

- Buy a USB-C wireless charging receiver; I used this one.
- Plug it into the Pro1's USB port and secure it to the back (I used double-sided tape to do so)
- Optionally, put a case on the back of the phone so the receiver is not exposed. Note that the case needs to be fairly thin for the receiver to work; I used a Huawei P20 Pro case which I no longer have a link for, but looks similar to this one.

Bundyo 2020-11-22 11:12

I thought you patched it on the inside. :D

juiceme 2020-11-22 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 1570247)

That would have been just too cool :)
I don't think there is enough space inside fxpro to fit in the charging coil...

taixzo 2020-11-23 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 1570247)

Unfortunately the Pro1 has an aluminum shell, which blocks the electromagnetic fields used by the charging coil - hence it needing to be on the outside. (It might be possible to 3d-print a replacement back shell out of plastic, however, and mount the coil in that.)

xelo 2021-02-18 21:12

My mischievous/over-motivated/un-careful/jealous/aggressive vacuum robot pushed my pro 1 down the stairs, causing a 3m drop on the concrete floor of the basement.

My pro 1 got away with some scratches and dents, but the display is still ok, and everything else works as it did before. It did not even unfold the keyboard whilst falling or after landing on the concrete floor. According to the dents, it hit the floor with the upper left corner of the phone

Yet I wonder: Is there an agency I can report murderous "smart" tech to?

(For those wondering why this happened at all: I was working in the basement and waited for a call to arrive, but there is no connection in the basement, thus I had to place it in a place where I can hear the phone ringing and still get a connection)

Maemish 2021-02-18 21:43

Robots. You turn your back and they are ready to push you down the stairs. If you would have had the phone in your hand you would not be here telling about the "accident". Glad your cleaners Ai is not too smart yet. But it'll learn, just wait for the next time.

Boxeri 2021-02-24 10:15

The bluetooth bug on Lineage/stock when sound is NOT TRANSFERRED to bluetooth is driving me crazy. We are on point where I am about to abandon pro1 as daily driver because of this. Anyone hear solution to this?

This happens to me several times a day in a car and occasionally for two different earpieces.

No, flashing Sailfish is not an option since our it-department don't approve it

mosen 2021-02-24 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxeri (Post 1571054)
The bluetooth bug on Lineage/stock when sound is NOT TRANSFERRED to bluetooth is driving me crazy.

Relayed to discord since the TMO Proš crowd seems to be sfos centric ;)
Which lineage version are you running?

Boxeri 2021-02-26 06:56

On latest update of 17.1.

Should have quessed there is discord for pro1 :p

Is it dev only or general stuff and bugs as well? Maybe I should drop by there my self

mosen 2021-02-27 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxeri (Post 1571075)
On latest update of 17.1.

Should have quessed there is discord for pro1 :p

No no, discord like it is mostly users. But i met very helpful guys over there and some TMO regulars like Bundyo and Kabouik. This would be an invite linking to the #Lineageos channel:
https://discord.gg/emCXstu3nt

If you understandably oppose such possible data-mining platforms i can hint that there is a matrix bridge which connects as a bot.

But on topic, as far as i understood the answers to your relayed question, there indeed seems to be a known Lineage BT issue not even limited to the Proš.