maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Announce] CSSU devel, it may eat your brain (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84292)

freemangordon 2013-01-09 19:32

Re: [Announce] CSSU devel, it may eat your brain

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_falcone (Post 1312945)
libxml2 2.6.32.dfsg-5maemo4+0m5+0cssu0-thumb0
zlib1g 1:1.2.7.dfsg-13maemo1+0cssu1+thumb0

Last update was yesterday, with FAM as usual (i always use "Advanced" category).

Edit: Hey there's a desktop after downgrade. Just all widgets are missing. Maybe i should keep it that way for now; to further test for alarm issue.

Correct thumb versions are:

zlib1g 1:1.2.7.dfsg-13maemo1+0cssu1+thumb0
ibxml2 2.6.32.dfsg-5maemo4+0m5+0cssu1+thumb0

don_falcone 2013-01-10 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by luf (Post 1312958)
FAM isn't supported(0cssu1).

I know. Sometimes packages break; they did more than once, so... -->

Quote:

Originally Posted by luf (Post 1312958)
As I wrote yesterday. You have old libxml2. Pleasu update it to the new version (0cssu1).

...already did. Thanks for stating what the compatible packages are; just what was needed.

I didn't hear if anyone else had experienced alarm issues during this time. That is the part i'm concerned about for now; still want to know if there's any "dependency" on h-d correctly running etc.

l4m3rx 2013-01-10 15:42

Hello,
First let me say sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. (Maybe the kp thread will be better place :/)
Now more to the subject. What do you think about including zswap into CSSU?
On paper is looks like a great thing for N900 .... specially v2 of zswap
More info about zswap v2:
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/li...1.0/02285.html

p.s. zswap != compcache

freemangordon 2013-01-10 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4m3rx (Post 1313311)
Hello,
First let me say sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. (Maybe the kp thread will be better place :/)
Now more to the subject. What do you think about including zswap into CSSU?
On paper is looks like a great thing for N900 .... specially v2 of zswap
More info about zswap v2:
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/li...1.0/02285.html

p.s. zswap != compcache

Definitely it is not the right place :). Also it makes no sense to spam all the threads with the same request.

On the side note - compcache looked great thing for n900... on paper. Reality showed that it is useless at best.

What about if you backport that to KP and share the module so we can test it.

And please, lets move the discussion to KP thread.

peterleinchen 2013-01-10 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1312926)
new version of tklock (osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0) is in the repo, that one pretends to be a release candidate, please test and report if something is not as it should be

Just to bump your request!
I just installed it and will report all oddities :)

luf 2013-01-11 11:53

New version (0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu4) of pulseaudio is in the repo with better fix for music stuttering.

This fix is based on https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7190 Freemangordon pointed to new bug which this fix intruducing so this version contains backported flist.c file from upstream.
There is also added sink btmusic which helps with playing sound from desktop on N900 over bluetooth.

Tiran 2013-01-11 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by luf (Post 1313669)
New version (0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu4) of pulseaudio is in the repo with better fix for music stuttering.

@luf, thanks for the new version! In what repo to search for this version? Thanks for the answer!

luf 2013-01-11 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiran (Post 1313675)
@luf, thanks for the new version! In what repo to search for this version? Thanks for the answer!

You're welcome. It's in cssu-devel (as everything in this thread) http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm.../p/pulseaudio/

luf 2013-01-11 20:05

New versions (2.28.22+0cssu3) of libhildonfm and (1.9.6-3+0cssu1) of osso-gnomevfs-extra are in the repo.

These packages bring new possibility to browse remote filesystems using bluetooth and obexFTP protocol. The simplest way to see and test is to start ossofilemanager. You can see additional entry "Bluetooth" there. If you go deeper you can see all paired devices which has support for obexFTP and of course their contents.

don_falcone 2013-01-11 20:42

That would be... helpful

peterleinchen 2013-01-11 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_falcone (Post 1313869)
That would be... helpful

Let's say ... awesome !

luf 2013-01-14 00:31

New version (1.9.6-3+0cssu2) of osso-gnomevfs-extra is in the repo.

This version contains some code cleanup and also now it's able to survive without problem gnome-vfs-daemon outage (kill, crash, ...)

Freemangordon also uploaded new version (20100401-1.9.2-5.2+0m5+0cssu1) of microb-engine in the repo.

As I know it's recompiled againist system libpng, zlib and libxml2. So you need these latest packages from cssu-devel also. Freemangordon has also thumb build of microb-engine ...

arcean 2013-01-14 22:08

Hildon-desktop 2.2.149-1 is available.

Changelog:
Code:

* New HdOrientationLock class. Provides possibility to lock a window in portrait mode.
* Formatting fixes.
* Fixed layout of the titlebar in certain scenarios.

Warning: new Qt version from CSSU-devel is required.

Cocon_Power 2013-01-14 23:46

Orientation lock in portrait works great! :)

ade 2013-01-15 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocon_Power (Post 1314896)
Orientation lock in portrait works great! :)

I should be on the right h-d version, but do not see any extra options. Is this just a preparation for app portrait lock, or am I just missing something here?

freemangordon 2013-01-15 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ade (Post 1314978)
I should be on the right h-d version, but do not see any extra options. Is this just a preparation for app portrait lock, or am I just missing something here?

use the orientation lock applet ;)

ade 2013-01-15 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1314988)
use the orientation lock applet ;)

I just have the old fashioned auto-orientation and landscape lock option over there (and have seen no update for the applet). But there should be an update for the applet then? If so I will try to update later this day.

ade 2013-01-15 11:16

okay, I have figured it out. Landscape lock now means lock the phone in the current orientation mode (portrait or landscape).

This implementation means we should change the applet texts to something like 'orientation lock' and 'no orientation lock' in the future.

arcean 2013-01-18 18:05

New hildon-desktop (2.2.150-1) and libhildon (2.2.25-1) packages are in repo :).

Changes:
Quote:

libhildon:
* PannableArea: always hide horizontal scrollbar if HILDON_MOVEMENT_MODE_VERT is set.

hildon-desktop:
* Fixed: thumb is partially transparent/clipped when the task navigator changes orientation.
* Fixed: instead of a dialog window only blurred background is visible.
* Fixed: do not delay screen rotation when the launcher page is being scrolled.
* Fixed: the launcher's 'empty label' is partially off-screen in portrait mode.
* Fixed: it's possible to change screen orientation in desktop edit mode.
* Fixed: status area is visible when rotating from desktop edit mode to portrait desktop.
* hd_launcher_window_created() should be enough to hide the loading screen.
* Formatting fixes.

peterleinchen 2013-01-24 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1303185)
osso-systemui-alarm - (Alarm dialog) - this is just a newer version(0.3.3), nothing has changed compared to 0.3.2, just some source code cleanup.

Please test and report if something is not as it should be.

Hey freemangordon,

your guinea pig maybe has something new?

But it could also be caused again by hildon-home (you remember? ;)). I cannot remember 100% if I had that behaviour before using your lib, but I think so that it happened to me before ...

I had an alarm ringing this morning (yeah, ringing with sound), popup came up asking to snooze or stop. But as I wanted to snooze: no chance. No reaction on stop either. Even pressing beside that pop up did not do anything. Nor pushing the power button helped.
So I let it ring out and relied on my N9 to wake me up :(

After waking up I could push snooze and popup came up again after 5 minutes. Then I pushed stop and it vanished.

Then I checked my logs and they showed that at waking up the hildon-home was not frozen (at least not with "read(xx, <unfinished>". But after I was able to push stop, the h-h was frozen. And it got unlocked by my script some time later.

Any idea why the pop up did not react?

--edit
rechecked my logs
Quote:

--do Thu Jan 24 08:06:51 CET 2013
sleeping 891 (900) Thu Jan 24 08:07:01 CET 2013
done Thu Jan 24 08:21:51 CET 2013
--
do Thu Jan 24 08:21:51 CET 2013
BOOM Thu Jan 24 08:22:00 CET 2013
sleeping 881 (900) Thu Jan 24 08:22:10 CET 2013
done Thu Jan 24 08:36:50 CET 2013
--
and after rethinking that shows that most probable the h-h was not frozen at ring time (08:15), but got instantly at the pop up came up. I think, h-h got waked up to show the alarm ui pop up, hereby trying to update the widgets (event: on desktop change) and BOOM: hanging. So no reaction anymore possible to the popup. And that also explains why the snoozes did not ring.
And also
So looks like a h-h problem again, hmm?

But what I do not get (yet) is why did the pop up not respond first (but rang), but on second snooze pop (not ringing)?
I checked manually the "hanging" status at 08:20.
Quote:

-rw-r--r-- 1 user users 27 Jan 24 08:20 /tmp/hhh.scr
and that showed
Quote:

read(32, <unfinished ...>
So it should have still been unresponsive, or?

--another edit
Oops, sorry.
Think this post belongs to this thread: [ANNOUNCE] Alarm-UI replacement.
So I copied this post and pasted it there. Let us continue in that thread.

artpra 2013-01-31 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcean (Post 1314877)
Hildon-desktop 2.2.149-1 is available.
Changelog:
[code]* New HdOrientationLock class. Provides possibility to lock a window in portrait mode.

Absolutely amazing, thank You.

I`m running cssu thumb and applied your new hildon-desktop from devel on top of it (and the new Qt). Three things:
1. While locked in portrait, texts that appears on banners (like sms delivery reports) are not centered, moved slightly to the left.
2. While locked in portrait and any time when installed app list is refreshed (by instaling new app or when this tool http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88774&highlight=live+icon updates calendar icon) screen with apps icons used to launch them (hildon-home?) is broken: scroll doesn`t work properly at the end of the screen, newly installed app icon is missing, some icons are moved to the right and are unaccessible (like orientation is somehow partially switched to landscape). To fix it, just slide screen to change the orientation to landscape and return back to portrait.
3. Button used to turn on/off orientation lock must change description, like "Orientation lock on/Orientation lock off".

arcean 2013-01-31 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by artpra (Post 1319354)
1. While locked in portrait, texts that appears on banners (like sms delivery reports) are not centered, moved slightly to the left.

I think it depends on the banner's text length, spaces etc.

Quote:

2. While locked in portrait and any time when installed app list is refreshed (by instaling new app or when this tool http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=live+icon updates calendar icon) screen with apps icons used to launch them (hildon-home?) is broken: scroll doesn`t work properly at the end of the screen, newly installed app icon is missing, some icons are moved to the right and are unaccessible (like orientation is somehow partially switched to landscape). To fix it, just slide screen to change the orientation to landscape and return back to portrait.

Thanks, fixed in master branch :).

Quote:

3. Button used to turn on/off orientation lock must change description, like "Orientation lock on/Orientation lock off".

Any help will be welcome :).
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...rees/master/po

artpra 2013-01-31 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcean (Post 1319404)
I think it depends on the banner's text length, spaces etc.

Can something be done with it? IIRC it was fine in some previous versions of CSSU-T.

Quote:

Thanks, fixed in master branch :).
Great, awaiting new -devel release or maybe push it as -testing already to get a wider feedback.

peterleinchen 2013-02-04 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1306466)
Hey freemangordon,

maybe found another oddity.
I am not 100% (but pretty sure), that this came up only after using your lib. At least I did not detect that earlier with stock tklock.

Let your display timeout with closed keyboard. This normally will activate the lock. With your version installed, if you directly push the power button after display has gone black, you will see the last activity (not the lock screen) and you may interact with it for a few seconds ...

--edit
OMG, just tested it again to be sure. And it is gone (of course there was a reboot inbetween). So forget about it until I or someone else confirm this again.

Have to confirm.
Today experienced again.
But I think I described it in awrong way, so here is how I got reproduced a lot of times:

Let your display timeout with open keyboard. Then close the keyboard, this normally will activate the lock. With your version installed, if you directly push the power button after you have closed keyboard, you will see the last activity (not the lock screen; whereas sometimes I did see it for a few fractions of a second) and you may interact with it for a few seconds ...

freemangordon 2013-02-04 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1320815)
Have to confirm.
Today experienced again.
But I think I described it in awrong way, so here is how I got reproduced a lot of times:

Let your display timeout with open keyboard. Then close the keyboard, this normally will activate the lock. With your version installed, if you directly push the power button after you have closed keyboard, you will see the last activity (not the lock screen; whereas sometimes I did see it for a few fractions of a second) and you may interact with it for a few seconds ...

Cannot reproduce.
Version here: osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0

Anyone else to try?

mr_pingu 2013-02-04 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1320838)
Cannot reproduce.
Version here: osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0

Anyone else to try?

Can't reproduce either... Same version

peterleinchen 2013-02-04 23:00

I do can.

But I also have espeaktime installed, which I might see as the cause (maybe).

I will reinstall the stock tklock and see if it is the same with this.

--edit
Call me whatever you like ;)
I rebooted with stock tklock and could not reproduce this behaviour.
After switching back to fmg's verion and a reboot I also could not reproduce this glitch anymore :eek:.
What is going on here?
Before I had an uptime of almost 7 days and a few cycles of swap refreshments. Maybe that?

But never mind, this is really not a serious bug. Nevertheless I will have an eye on it and keep you informed.

artpra 2013-02-05 09:33

@arcean
some problem with scroll bar - it stays as in portrait mode, while being in landscape. I can`t remember the steps needed to reproduce it.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/170...3020422355.png
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5...3020422360.png
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5...3020422360.png
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7...3020422364.png

panjgoori 2013-02-16 03:58

as now i have a cheap android phone to use. i'm willing to install CSSU-Devel in my N900 to support you people. Can anyone guide me through installing CSSU-Devel. Currently my N900 is running on CSSU-Thumb.

sixwheeledbeast 2013-02-16 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by panjgoori (Post 1323212)
as now i have a cheap android phone to use. i'm willing to install CSSU-Devel in my N900 to support you people. Can anyone guide me through installing CSSU-Devel. Currently my N900 is running on CSSU-Thumb.

As possibly noted before CSSU-Devel is a place for misc. testing packages potentially not ready for long term testing. There is no way to "install" CSSU-Devel as such.

This is how people are getting issues adding the Devel repo and apt-get everything.

If you wish to install stuff from here you could install single packages and test them for bugs.

panjgoori 2013-02-16 10:03

yes i know what kind of packages are uploaded on CSSU-Devel. and as N900 is not my main phone now or for alteast few weeks (android is boring) i'm willing to test stuffs from CSSU-Devel.

can you tell me how to enable CSSU-Devel repo. Same procedure as like other repos except for the link ?

acrux 2013-02-16 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by panjgoori (Post 1323242)
can you tell me how to enable CSSU-Devel repo. Same procedure as like other repos except for the link ?

I'm at CSSU Testing and the CSSU Devel repository exists already in HAM. Just enable it ;)
Then at command prompt:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade ,
and you are at latest CSSU Devel :D
I tried that just as an experiment (I planned to reflash anyway) and soon it resulted as a non-booting system...
To install a certain package:
apt-get install "packagename"

panjgoori 2013-02-16 14:03

thanks acrux. i'm on CSSU-Thumb. Should i enable it or flash my device first and then install CSSU-Testing and then enable CSSU-Devel repo.

qwazix 2013-02-16 14:10

thumb is based on Testing, no need to reflash

panjgoori 2013-02-16 15:38

thanks qwazix. I will first create a backupmenu backup then i will start playing with Devel apps.

Wikiwide 2013-02-18 12:45

Quick message...
I am using CSSU-Testing (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.2, as in "About Community SSU"). I have installed osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0 recently - just to be able to see lockscreen in portrait. I would like to know, does it have any bug, like memory leak, or screen-freezing? Or, why is it not in CSSU-Testing yet?
It is amusing that occasionally (it does not matter whether it is portrait or landscape) I can clearly see the ball moving at constant velocity: to my finger, past it, and to the end, unlocking the screen. What kind of gesture does that? It's quite intuitive... When you see the lockscreen, don't unlock it by dragging the ball-slider with your finger. Just, press down softly in the middle of the slide-bar-rail-whatever, and don't let up (or it will jump back to the start). It's a consistent and easy-to-reproduce behaviour.
Best wishes.

freemangordon 2013-02-18 13:48

OMG, this is really weird. I still don't know whether to call this bug or feature :D.

Could someone with stock tklock try to reproduce it?

misiak 2013-02-18 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1323618)
OMG, this is really weird. I still don't know whether to call this bug or feature :D.

CSSU stable (osso-systemui-tklock 0.2.2.21+0m5), tried that, either it doesn't work or I don't fully understand how to reproduce :P steps I did:

1. Locked the screen
2. Pressed power button to show the "slide to unlock" screen
3. Touched the middle of the "slide to unlock" bar with my finger and hold a finger over there

Result: Nothing happened :P

Expected result as I understand it behaves in the open source replacement: slider slowly unlocks.

Which gtk/hildon component did you use for the slider, freemangordon?

freemangordon 2013-02-18 15:34

@misiak - the same one the stock tklock uses - hildon_gtk_(v/h)scale_new. I guess the problem lies either here https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ock.c#line1116 or here https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ock.c#line1146

Fortunately it is very easy to build tklock with traces, so the function to blame will be pointed easily :)

peterleinchen 2013-02-18 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1323618)

Hey freemangordon,

I am running on stock Maemo (no CSSU) and KP50. I could reproduce this behaviour with your tklcock version as well as with the stock version (exchanged lib and rebooted).
So it seams stock Maemo has this feature bug also.
Or could it be KP related?

I tended to call it feature, as it is funny :) (push left to the slider and watch)
But this evening I tried it again and after pushing the "rail" you do not need to keep it on that rail but just put pressure on the screen, so it may get unlocked unintentionally (somehow).