maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Neo900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Have we been turned over? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96228)

nieldk 2015-12-10 18:34

Re: Have we been turned over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1491132)
Getting a loan (i.e. the money that the bank would lend you) is not the same as receiving the money that someone else sent you. But let's stick to the loan example, there is a nice lesson hidden there. Ask yourself, what has your neighbour done differently that secured him the loan?

I can asure you that in the aquierer business its even more comparable.
And, even more complex.
The bank example is just simply something almost anybody can relate to.

t-b 2015-12-10 19:32

I haven't said their situation is the same but the result was similar - in the Pandora case their Paypal account was frozen and in neo900's case as well. The Pyra team (i.e. Michael) had frozen account issues more than once over the last few years (also due to donations) and is still using it. The only thing I was suggesting is give the guy a call, maybe he has some suggestions dealing with Paypal or maybe even knows a good lawyer. Asking will not cost you anything.

macey 2016-03-03 12:55

How are we feeling now folks? Time for a poll re-assessment?

jellyroll 2016-03-03 13:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31D94QOo2gY

macey 2016-03-03 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyroll (Post 1500528)

that's great, impressive tech stuff which I fully understand er but, when do I get my 'phone?

wicket 2016-03-03 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by macey (Post 1500516)

We're feeling fine. No need for a poll reassessment.

The PayPal issue was resolved and Werner has posted updates and written detailed papers within the last few weeks. Progress is slow, sure, but that's to be expected with what is mostly a two man project.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macey (Post 1500538)
that's great, impressive tech stuff which I fully understand er but, when do I get my 'phone?

You'll get your "phone" when it's ready.

I very much doubt that they're just stringing us along. If they wanted to "turn us over" or scam™ [1] us, they already have our money so they wouldn't need to put any effort into writing detailed papers. Why bother?

Remember that you haven't paid for anything yet. You merely made a donation. There's always going to be a risk that the project will fail. Be grateful that hope is not yet lost and that the project is still active.

[1] "Scam" is a trademark of Dave999.

gerbick 2016-03-03 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by macey (Post 1500516)

I have a feeling that this project, while advancing, is not advancing fast enough for you. There are plenty of areas that are still undone, I'm quite sure that, if you're willing, you could assist them on their endeavors.

But due to anticipating very slow progress, I did not invest into this project but I will be glad when they're shipping. And I do believe that they will ship.

It just won't happen until much later than most would like.

endsormeans 2016-03-03 20:34

"It just won't happen until much later than most would like. "
quite possibly.

the paypal hold up delay naturally will add to the delay in completion...understandably.

likewise as has been mentioned many times before...
it is not a corporate venture with divisions of workers.
It is a small group working hard.
It is a natural given that it will take longer.
a lack of patience will not make the project completion that much quicker...that is a certainty.

peterleinchen 2016-03-03 20:56

Still hoping I am.

The more as my second N900 left me a few weeks ago (again: all telephony function disabled :(). So now I am left with only two spares (one just fetched from Finland anew) and two as spare parts or dedicated for the new board.
I am pretty sure those will keep me up for the runtime of this project ...

Naturally I would have liked them to finish/deliver in 2015. But maybe 2016? And even it will take more time I will wait.

Positive vibrations :D

macey 2016-03-04 01:53

I am still hoping too, am also now without a N900.