maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   So it begins, Flash sites are updating to Flash 10 now (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53437)

Monniman 2010-05-24 00:20

Re: So it begins, Flash sites are updating to Flash 10 now

Myspace is now requiring flash 10 too...

DAMN!

This is actually starting to suck quite bad!

slaapliedje 2010-05-24 00:27

If I recall, Qole from here said he knew a guy....

What is public is that;

a) It was shown demoed on the N900 by adobe.
b) Adobe in their forums said that anyone who is a partner of the Open Screen Project hasmbeen given a porting kit to any device they have.
c) Nokia is a Open Screen Project partner.

So if flash 10.1 does not come out for the N900 we know to blame Nokia, not Adobe.

slaapliedje

adalal 2010-05-24 00:31

i do realise that people are quite pessimistic nowadays with regards to the N900, but this makes me think otherwise for some reason, or gives me atleast some hope :)

onaje 2010-05-24 00:32

what is Nokia doing?! i doubt they think we, the consumers, need reasonable and sensical explanations for all the features our device falls short of...maybe they have none!

Rushmore 2010-05-24 00:39

Hulu does not work due to copyright issues with mobile devices. Works for nobody on a phone, not even 10.1.

Adobe stated it is up to the OEM if they want to have Flash Lite 4 or 10.1 for devices. In other words, Nokia need to provide money and support to Adobe.

Who wants to hold their breath for that to happen ;) or perhaps, :(

NvyUs 2010-05-24 01:11

Nokia never like giving ppl the newest of anything even when its possible, they like to force ppl to go and buy the next device.
makes sense from a business point of view but now other brands are offering ppl the latest and greatest on there existing devices, Nokia as to change there ways to keep customers loyal to them or they will run and give there money to some one else

sgbirch 2010-05-24 01:43

This is the last straw. If Nokia actually told us what the hell is going on I might have more patience.

I can only live with the crashes, stuttering, hanging, lack of apps for so long. My N900 is going in the bin (trash for Americans) ... hello Android.

Frankly the N900 is state of the art hardware ruined by piss poor software practices.

Shame on you Nokia.

Steve

mmurfin87 2010-05-24 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushmore (Post 672468)
Hulu does not work due to copyright issues with mobile devices. Works for nobody on a phone, not even 10.1.(

Surely a User Agent change would negate any efforts by Hulu to block the n900 though.

gerbick 2010-05-24 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmurfin87 (Post 672530)
Surely a User Agent change would negate any efforts by Hulu to block the n900 though.

But it won't help the fact that they are requiring FP 10.x

ysss 2010-05-24 03:45

Sooooo..... wouldn't html5 adoption prevent @#!@ like this from happening?