maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Development (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   [WIP] TMO Forum app - New updated release (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88475)

SolarisSixth 2013-01-01 21:13

Re: [WIP] TMO Forum app - New updated release

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveenchand (Post 1309838)
i tried to install this but there is an error "Installation interrupted".Old version is already installed.

I had the same issue. I removed the old version, and installed it through terminal. Fixed it for me.

Garp 2013-01-01 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveenchand (Post 1309838)
i tried to install this but there is an error "Installation interrupted".Old version is already installed.

You have to remove both old MeeGO forum and maemo Talk manually before you can install version 0.1.0:)

bibek 2013-01-02 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid21177 (Post 1309828)
is it possible to separate the installs of the MeeGo & maemo apps.

The two apps run on the same code, and same files. Just an argument --tmo or --fmc decides which forum will open. Even if I don't package the fmc and tmo icons together, you can still change the forums by clicking on header on mainpage.
I think it's better to keep the second icon

thedead1440 2013-01-02 09:20

Great work bibek! Thanks for this :)

One request, could a dark theme be considered?

bibek 2013-01-02 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1309994)
Great work bibek! Thanks for this :)

One request, could a dark theme be considered?

Writing this from a dark themed test build. Have to softcode a lot of ui colors and images. Seems possible.

nbedford 2013-01-02 10:04

I'm trying to install this, but I keep getting problems, whats up with the Nokia repos at the moment?

From UI if I try and install I keep getting
Code:

Unable to start operation. Refreshing cache. Please wait.
From terminal if I try apg-get update I get
Code:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the list directory

I take it everyone else is installing fine?

coderus 2013-01-02 10:07

Code:

devel-su
killall pkgmgrd #twice

coderus 2013-01-02 10:19

i installed this app also and missing send message button. only.preview and cancel :D

bibek 2013-01-02 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1310037)
i installed this app also and missing send message button. only.preview and cancel :D

Click the down arrow, expand topic area, select Action POST, then post. I don't know why Preview was set as default by former author. Will change it

thedead1440 2013-01-02 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibek (Post 1310041)
Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus

Click the down arrow, expand topic area, select Action POST, then post. I don't know why Preview was set as default by former author. Will change it

Actually the order version was such that after preview you clicked post or there was an option below your reply to allow you to just post without having a preview; though that was version v0.5

Edit: The above was posted from the app and just realized that there is no edit function? Also could the system be fine-tuned so that a quote and reply only quotes the post directly being quoted not the parent posts like on the web interface?