maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Xperia XA2 vs X (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100510)

BluesLee 2018-10-19 10:57

Re: Xperia XA2 vs X

Quote:

Originally Posted by P@t (Post 1549483)
This is clear that both the XA2 (pioneer) and XA2 ultra (discovery) will be supported from the launch.
Edit: Actually the XA2 Plus (voyager) will also be supported. For the source, look for instance at https://github.com/mer-hybris/droid-...dff8e9ccf71654

Does 'device is mentioned / configured in mer-hybris' really imply that the device is 'officially supported', latter including Android support etc? I just want to be on the safe side.

pagis 2018-10-19 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesLee (Post 1549490)
Does 'device is mentioned / configured in mer-hybris' really imply that the device is 'officially supported', latter including Android support etc? I just want to be on the safe side.

From Jolla's blog (28/09) and from the comments section
XA2 Dual SIM (H4113) and the XA2 Single SIM (H3113) will be initially supported, and hopefully other variants will be supported soon, or at least that's the intention?

Fellfrosch 2018-10-19 12:02

Quote:

If you want to be on the safe side, just wait for the official announcement. That shouldn't be a to long wait. All variants should still be available and maybe they are again a little bit cheaper.

I will definitely wait until I get the first reports, if I'm right with my expectations regarding battery life. I also think at the beginning there will be some annoying bugs. just like the time when Sailfish X hit the market. So this time I don't have to be the first one.

If I'm wrong regarding battery life I will stay with my X. The XA2 is at the limit for me regarding size, so Plus and Ultra are no options for me.

P@t 2018-10-19 12:28

Quote:

Of course it is better to wait to be sure. But I really doubt that they work on those devices for fun. They lack time and resources so when they work on something, it is usually for production.
The three devices depend on the same platform "nile". So I guess they minimise the efforts while trying to have a multi-size offer. I expect that android support for example will be really similar or ideally the same (only dpi and screen concerns will matter afaik).

Fellfrosch 2018-10-19 13:35

Well if Someone can't wait: There is a post from James regarding the Plus on Jolla's blog, which is in my opinion a clear statement:

Quote:

Mee on October 15, 2018 at 10:34 am
Xperia XA2 Plus model is a valid option for many of us. As the hardware is very similar to the XA2 we as a community appreciate if this device is supported officially by Jolla. Waiting for an official announcement ..

James Noori on October 19, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Please stay tuned for more hardware news when we are closer to the launch! You won’t be disappointed ;)

carlosgonz 2018-10-19 19:29

sony xa2 is better than xperia x.
better bezeless
better glass
better design
better usb
better cpu perhaps ...

Bundyo 2018-10-20 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by P@t (Post 1549483)
This is clear that both the XA2 (pioneer) and XA2 ultra (discovery) will be supported from the launch.
Edit: Actually the XA2 Plus (voyager) will also be supported. For the source, look for instance at https://github.com/mer-hybris/droid-...dff8e9ccf71654

Great news! I already ordered the Plus in an intention to bring support myself, but official will be way better. 🙂

pexi 2018-10-21 07:14

If XA2 Plus support comes official then it is big congats to Jolla for a bold move. There is nothing like showing off OS with top hardware.

And makes super happy sailors.

kinggo 2018-10-21 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by pexi (Post 1549538)
If XA2 Plus support comes official then it is big congats to Jolla for a bold move. There is nothing like showing off OS with top hardware.

And makes super happy sailors.

there's nothing more "top" in plus than there is in regular or ultra. Screen size and format is the only real difference. I don't like 18:9 so I'll go for ultra if I find one for some reasonable price because ~350€ is to much for that HW. And if I decide to move from AOSP.

pexi 2018-10-21 08:30

Does it have 6G RAM?