maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [Announce] Battery Percentage 'widget' for Nokia N9 - V0.1.5 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82526)

Dousan 2012-07-14 10:15

Re: [Announce] Battery Percentage 'widget' for Nokia N9 - V0.2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFaroTusino (Post 1230310)
Sorry it's been a while.

I've been looking at MAG's system-ui hack. Since replacing the status bar icon causes too many issues( terminal commands won't work, multiple processes execute, applications won't launch, huge battery drain).

So, if I can teach myself QT and have enough time to implement it, I aim to be having my battery icon in the status bar.

Give me some time though, and I'll update when I can.

Sorry it's taking so long guys, and thanks for all the support

I hope you'll find the time as this would be a cool hack/mod to ad to the list of usefull stuff to install on the N9 :D

Regards Dousan...

crazyhg 2012-07-31 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFaroTusino (Post 1230310)
Sorry it's been a while.

I've been looking at MAG's system-ui hack. Since replacing the status bar icon causes too many issues( terminal commands won't work, multiple processes execute, applications won't launch, huge battery drain).

So, if I can teach myself QT and have enough time to implement it, I aim to be having my battery icon in the status bar.

Give me some time though, and I'll update when I can.

Sorry it's taking so long guys, and thanks for all the support

Last week I made an indicator that shows the percentage on the statusbar.. though it doesn't show power saving and charging states, so it can't replace the original icon

The source is here if you want to see/use it https://github.com/crazyhg/unrestricted-system-ui
Basically the code just obtains the value from ContextKit and displays it in a label

MFaroTusino 2012-08-01 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhg (Post 1245649)
Last week I made an indicator that shows the percentage on the statusbar.. though it doesn't show power saving and charging states, so it can't replace the original icon

The source is here if you want to see/use it https://github.com/crazyhg/unrestricted-system-ui
Basically the code just obtains the value from ContextKit and displays it in a label

Wow, great. Message me and we will sort out a collaboration. Have something up my sleeve already, but just having trouble with coding it. I think together we can finish it soon :)

MFaroTusino 2012-08-03 10:53

Re: [Announce] Battery Percentage 'widget' for Nokia N9 - V0.1.5

1 Attachment(s)
Development of this app has ceased as my goal has been fulfilled. Percentage has been successfully replaced and is available in Unrestricted-System-UI.

I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who supported the app. I suggest you follow any posts regarding USI, and support MAG's efforts.

Also, SPECIAL THANKS to crazyhg for being the one to finally complete what I started. My only regret is not learning QT quick enough to be able to do it myself.

solstice88 2012-08-03 14:18

Awesome! Bravo! Crazyhg and MFaroTusino. Its all coming together so nicely. Where would the elegance of the N9 be if it was not for the determination motivation, and collaboration of this tweak and of course many others.

Dousan 2012-08-03 14:40

@MFaroTusino great to see it finished, good work mate :D

Will this also be available in SME from @coderus?

Regards Dousan...

MFaroTusino 2012-08-05 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dousan (Post 1246976)
@MFaroTusino great to see it finished, good work mate :D

Will this also be available in SME from @coderus?

Regards Dousan...

No, it can't be implemented the same way. He does not alter the status bar, only the status menu. He has an implementation in a way, by using my still of overlaying the percent as a text to icon though. This is his icon for PSM

RTA 2012-08-19 15:40

I need some help with enabling battery percentage. I installed unrestricted system ui and so far successfully installed LED notifications.

I followed the instructions in the wiki page... this is what i typed in.

devel-su
password : (typed the password)

gconftool-2 -s /desktop/meego/status_area/display_percentage -t bool true

After i entered that nothing happened it just went to the next line, I rebooted and refreshed the phone but no luck. Am I missing a step?

Anatolian 2017-11-26 19:40

Hello,
how can ı dowload armel.deb version of this app?