maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Situations app - bugs, questions, answers, help etc.. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94442)

billranton 2015-04-19 19:47

Re: Situations app - bugs, questions, answers, help etc..

Hi,

I've been using Situations since you launched it to switch my phone to silent when the charger is plugged in at night. Since update 12, it doesn't seem to work. If I have the situations app open, I get the icon next to my rule stating that it's currently matching, but it doesn't seem to be able to switch the ringer mode anymore. Anyone else having trouble?

hhaveri 2015-04-28 22:00

Hi,

Sorry about the long response time. Doesn't seem to be a problem at least for me but I'll check if I can find a way to reproduce it.

LVPVS 2015-04-29 11:59

Hej,
@hhaveri, on the latest SFOS (pre-)release, I am still experiencing the connection issues. Though, with less occurances.
As always, please let me know if I can help troubleshooting (if it is a Situations-related issue, of course).

Kiitos,
LVPVS out.

hhaveri 2015-04-29 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVPVS (Post 1468845)
Hej,
@hhaveri, on the latest SFOS (pre-)release, I am still experiencing the connection issues. Though, with less occurances.
As always, please let me know if I can help troubleshooting (if it is a Situations-related issue, of course).

Currently it does seem like a SFOS issue to me. Can't be sure, but at least currently I have no idea how it could be fixed on Situations side :/

Br,
Heikki

LVPVS 2015-04-29 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhaveri (Post 1468850)
Currently it does seem like a SFOS issue to me. Can't be sure, but at least currently I have no idea how it could be fixed on Situations side :/

Br,
Heikki

Hej, For the time being, I removed the band-switching (2g-3g-2g). So far, so good.
I, too, have the feeling that it is SFOS-related...
Thanks, anyway!
LVPVS out.

R1v3r 2015-05-18 05:56

HEllo hhaveri,

I donīt think that this is bug, but just FYI.

When using patch "more network modes" ant then using situations app to change to 3 g, it chooses "only 3g" from the settings. I was just wondering, while I had poor phone connectivity on my friens house, and it was just between 2g and 3 g.

Best Regards,
Mikko

itdoesntmatt 2015-05-28 22:06

hi hhavery, thank you for great work and your story (i have recently read your interview session with Jollacommunity.it). i want to report that icons are not adaptable, so in nexus 5 font is too much small, can you fix it?

vige 2015-05-29 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by billranton (Post 1467800)
Hi,

I've been using Situations since you launched it to switch my phone to silent when the charger is plugged in at night. Since update 12, it doesn't seem to work. If I have the situations app open, I get the icon next to my rule stating that it's currently matching, but it doesn't seem to be able to switch the ringer mode anymore. Anyone else having trouble?

I don't know if my problem is related: It seems that Situations changes the default ringtone volume (i.e. the one you see in settings). I have a situation which sets the volume to minimum. However, in reality the volume is still set to high volume, because the ambience volume is not changed.

hhaveri 2015-05-29 04:54

@itdoesntmatt Thanks, could you send screenshots to support(at)pastillilabs.com ? I develop the Android version mainly on Nexus 5 and while some fonts are indeed quite small (for example under the icons), in general they should be quite readable at least with the default font.

hhaveri 2015-05-29 04:57

@vige Yes, it seems that ambience overrides (at least in some cases) the default value. Not sure how to fix it because there's no proper API to control ambiences :(