maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [M5] [Announce] Yappari - New maintainership and new features! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94465)

Hansen 2015-01-23 23:01

Re: [Announce] Yappari - New maintainership and new features!

I went to a shop today for a new phone and I was dissapointed that I have to spend min 400€ for something I simply don't want. So if you make yappari run again I will donate this amount!!!! I promiss!

s4br0s0 2015-01-23 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansen (Post 1457848)
I went to a shop today for a new phone and I was dissapointed that I have to spend min 400€ for something I simply don't want. So if you make yappari run again I will donate this amount!!!! I promiss!

Good incetive(?), but i think that most of the people here do their work for the love they have to N900/N9/Jolla,etc.

Not saying that they don't accept this kind of donations, they're not stupid.

Greetings.

Micha1982 2015-01-23 23:19

Still dead here, too - so it seems it has nothing to do with 24h mentioned before.

Yes an updated Yappari would be cool...hopefully Scorpius has an idea...or anyone else :)

Until then I enjoy the sound of silence - some years ago life was possible even without mobiles ^^

Btw, why do some people here want to spent 400 on a new phone from a shop? Why dont spent your money for the Neo900 if you want a new one? ;)

molecularentropy 2015-01-23 23:23

Can the current two developers (scorpius and ceene, I presume) please state whether they are going to work on the problem. If both of you are definitely not going to, I'll probably try looking at this if I get the time. The reason why I ask is because you two are already very familiar with the code and can get this working faster, so I don't want to waste my time/duplicate effort if you guys are actively working on the issue.

HtheB 2015-01-23 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansen (Post 1457848)

Good news for you, update is coming soon :) :)

coderus 2015-01-23 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1457853)

soon? source?

Coyera 2015-01-23 23:49

Hi,

I have used Yappari only a month or so ago. I was notified of the updates and I have done three already.

The last time, the phone number was rejected and it keeps mentioning a bad token when I try to register my number
+1 309 XXX XXXX a US number

It tell me first that SMS registration failed and that I can use
voice. Surprisingly it worked yesterday when I press the call me button and I was able to retrieve the code from voice mail. It did not ring though.

After today´s update, JAN 23, no luck whatsoever registering my number. I uninstall and install Yappari but keep getting the bad token message and that is the response when I press the call me button to use the voice registration.

My contact name is Yappari Wallid

Hopefully this is a temporary bug. Thanks for continuing Yappari, and updating it. Wish it had not unregistered the number but win some lose some.

Sincerely,

Wallid
* Upgraded USER_AGENT_VERSION, BUILD_KEY and BUILD_HASH to fake latest S40.
Maybe this helps?

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:14:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.54) stable; urgency=low

* Fixed media sending dialogs

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:14:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.53) stable; urgency=low

* Preview images, video and audio before sending them

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:11:54 +0100
[/FONT]
yappari (1.1.52) stable; urgency=low

* First release made by AGM
* Implemented rudimentary double blue tick on sent messages to individuals
* Implemented send/receive captions associated to multimedia files.

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:11:54 +0100
[/QUOTE]

coderus 2015-01-24 00:45

Hello Coyera! Is it worth to read a forum thread before posting a message in it? I think so.

Hansen 2015-01-24 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1457853)

Great, looks like there is light on the end of the tunel! How long do you think that will take to fix it?

Hansen 2015-01-24 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micha1982 (Post 1457850)

Btw, why do some people here want to spent 400 on a new phone from a shop? Why dont spent your money for the Neo900 if you want a new one? ;)

I read about Neo900 but I was not aware that its avalible to buy. How and where? And anyway it need yappari!