maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Whatsup - Harmattan client [UPDATED 29-03-2016] (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94081)

CepiPerez 2015-01-15 18:11

Re: Whatsup - Harmattan client

Quote:

Originally Posted by setter (Post 1456765)
It seems that it is hard to live in Argentina :(
Wasn't so long time ago when your PC and N9 get stolen....
Glad you did not get hurt.

Maybe someone could start a new donate for a new Jolla?

No need to do this. I have some money from the donation and I'll buy another device soon. It's just I'm tired of bad things

setter 2015-01-15 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by CepiPerez (Post 1456770)
No need to do this. I have some money from the donation and I'll buy another device soon. It's just I'm tired of bad things

I understand that Matias. Please forget this tragic event and look ahead instead. But promise to keep your phones in locked pockets from now on ;)

coneosilence 2015-01-16 00:28

Hi Cepi.
Sorry for jumping in on an incorrect thread but I started a new thread to find a good home for my black N9 64Gb a few days ago and a fella by the name of Jimmy Neutron suggested yourself. If you would like it then please get in contact with me. Hopefully you can see my email address in my profile and we can go from there.
Cheers.

CepiPerez 2015-01-16 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by coneosilence (Post 1456823)
Hi Cepi.
Sorry for jumping in on an incorrect thread but I started a new thread to find a good home for my black N9 64Gb a few days ago and a fella by the name of Jimmy Neutron suggested yourself. If you would like it then please get in contact with me. Hopefully you can see my email address in my profile and we can go from there.
Cheers.

Thanks a lot, but I have to decline your offer. Taxes here in Argentina are expensive, and I need the money I have for a Jolla device and taxes.
I'm sure that another user can give your N9 a better use than me, cause I already have one.

Thaodan 2015-01-16 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1456767)
it will support encryption once curve and axolotl libs are implemented :)

A shame that tgalal uses python and not c++ :D

CepiPerez 2015-01-16 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaodan (Post 1456927)
A shame that tgalal uses python and not c++ :D

The official java sources are in github and they're pretty easy to understand, so we can port it anytime. The problem is time. And I won't spend time for this while old clients stills working.

coderus 2015-01-16 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by CepiPerez (Post 1456930)
The official java sources are in github and they're pretty easy to understand, so we can port it anytime. The problem is time. And I won't spend time for this while old clients stills working.

you can contribute later. i will put both libs to github when it will be something usable :)

Thaodan 2015-01-16 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by CepiPerez (Post 1456930)

They are working until you get encryption enabled in your account just as in mitakuluu.

coderus 2015-01-16 22:07

until s40 data is used for registration and login account not using encryption.

coneosilence 2015-01-17 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by CepiPerez (Post 1456881)
Thanks a lot, but I have to decline your offer. Taxes here in Argentina are expensive, and I need the money I have for a Jolla device and taxes.
I'm sure that another user can give your N9 a better use than me, cause I already have one.

No problem. I sent you a PM on how we could avoid the tax/duty issue so I'll let you stew over it for a few days. Plus I might be able to get my hands on an original Nokia Store aluminum dummy phone over here so you could do a bit of phone surgery and end up with a 100% working phone for all your dedication.
Just FYI - I got my Jolla sent to a mate in France (minimal VATax) and she forwarded it onto Australia for EU$7 with a big sticker on the package saying "used phone AU$20". Got through no problems. Although import duty kicks in at AU$1000 here.
Thank you for all your work on Whatsup. It's Sailfish theme is sweet and am looking forward to it coming to Jolla Store/Warehouse.

Thaodan 2015-01-17 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1456970)
until s40 data is used for registration and login account not using encryption.

I trried to use his client on my n9 and was using WA on Android before and had to reregister my device in recent times and I got no messages (same as using mitakuluu).

coderus 2015-01-17 17:39

if you registered using whatsup, not WART, you will receive all messages.

davisrases 2015-01-19 03:43

Hi cepi! Just a feature request. On the official client, When we delete the chat history of a particular contact only the messages get deleted and not the entire conversation tab itself. But when we clear the chat history in Whatsup the entire conversation tab gets deleted and we have to select the contact from the contacts list to start a new conversation. Do you think you could do something about this?

CepiPerez 2015-01-19 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by davisrases (Post 1457189)
Hi cepi! Just a feature request. On the official client, When we delete the chat history of a particular contact only the messages get deleted and not the entire conversation tab itself. But when we clear the chat history in Whatsup the entire conversation tab gets deleted and we have to select the contact from the contacts list to start a new conversation. Do you think you could do something about this?

yes it's possible, but I don't like this feature.

Thaodan 2015-01-20 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1457054)
if you registered using whatsup, not WART, you will receive all messages.

also if I register (used the latest Andrid Whatsapp before)?
And if I use this pw in Mitakuluu?

coderus 2015-01-20 23:55

@Thaodan it really doesn't matter until whatsup using S40 device data at login, and encryption not forced for S40 devices.

deiv 2015-01-21 13:00

I hope that a new client whatsapp for sailfish come soon because I'm really sick of use the version for Android!
Cepi and coderus, I trust you!

coderus 2015-01-21 13:21

i'm working on libaxolotl. it's very long way :)

Thaodan 2015-01-21 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1457439)
@Thaodan it really doesn't matter until whatsup using S40 device data at login, and encryption not forced for S40 devices.

Hm cause I don't recieved any messages on Mitakuluu using the pw of whatsupp.

coderus 2015-01-21 17:18

Mitakuuluu is using latest Android login data, not S40.

deiv 2015-01-21 21:23

coderus, sorry if this can be a silly question but you know why whatsapp started to ban the mitakuuluu users from his services?

Thaodan 2015-01-22 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1457523)
Mitakuuluu is using latest Android login data, not S40.

So if it would use it it would be posssible to get messages?

DJJonosound 2015-01-22 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by deiv (Post 1457534)
coderus, sorry if this can be a silly question but you know why whatsapp started to ban the mitakuuluu users from his services?

Its only a 24 hour ban, and it seems to be random. A lot of people using 3rd party apps have been affected, as the point is to discourage the use of the third party apps. Many app devs on android have overcome this problem by updating parts of the app so as to remove the clues that show it is a third party app to whatsapp. I presume a similar method could be implemented to sailfish/harmattan adaptations of whatsapp, following that of other app devs.

coderus 2015-01-22 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by deiv (Post 1457534)

Whatsapp is always against 3rd party clients. From time to time some users being blocked and need to contact support using official client to get unblocked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaodan (Post 1457544)
So if it would use it it would be posssible to get messages?

Yes, using whatsup you will receive all messages until whatsapp not forcing encryption for S40 clients

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJonosound (Post 1457545)
Its only a 24 hour ban, and it seems to be random. A lot of people using 3rd party apps have been affected, as the point is to discourage the use of the third party apps. Many app devs on android have overcome this problem by updating parts of the app so as to remove the clues that show it is a third party app to whatsapp. I presume a similar method could be implemented to sailfish/harmattan adaptations of whatsapp, following that of other app devs.

No it's different with latest Whatsapp+ application ban. Common bans are for 4 months.

Thaodan 2015-01-22 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1457546)

Yes, using whatsup you will receive all messages until whatsapp not forcing encryption for S40 clients

I tthoung Mitakuluu could do this too cause I found S40 Data in your sources is this true and if not why they there?

pistachio 2015-01-22 08:04

Hey guys, anyone tried this? https://web.whatsapp.com/

Its official. https://blog.whatsapp.com/614/WhatsApp-Web

@cepiperez is it possible to include this feature in future version of whatsup? Coz on other platforms u have to scan bar-code from the whatsapp to use web version.

coderus 2015-01-22 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaodan (Post 1457549)
I tthoung Mitakuluu could do this too cause I found S40 Data in your sources is this true and if not why they there?

both yes and no. this mechanism was not finished in mitakuuluu, but partially working if "evil" settings option is manually set. but i didn't tried it for ages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistachio (Post 1457560)

@cepiperez is it possible to include this feature in future version of whatsup? Coz on other platforms u have to scan bar-code from the whatsapp to use web version.

scan QR code is not the only thing app does, need to implement whole web protocol part :D

DeadHorseRiding 2015-01-22 14:08

Found again here
http://dst.at/MjUxODg1
WA sharing button with
such special WA-link
whatsapp://send?text=Nadellas%20gro%C3%9Fe%20Wette%3A%20Der%2 0Einsatz%20ist%20Microsoft%C2%A0%20http%3A%2F%2Fde rstandard.at%2F2000010731031%2FNadellas-grosse-Wette-Der-Einsatz-ist-Microsoft%3Fref%3Dartwh

Is it for desktop browser or for mobile app using?

coderus 2015-01-22 14:44

for mobile. it's just uri scheme.

Thaodan 2015-01-22 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1457581)
both yes and no. this mechanism was not finished in mitakuuluu, but partially working if "evil" settings option is manually set. but i didn't tried it for ages.

scan QR code is not the only thing app does, need to implement whole web protocol part :D

how can set this? Want to test and report.

coderus 2015-01-22 22:38

@Thaodan i think this question is for Mitakuuluu thread, not whatsup.

ginggs 2015-01-24 11:58

Quote:

Why not use Nokia Netview?
http://store.ovi.com/content/214366
You can control your N9 (and whatsup) from any VNC client or web browser with VNC plugin.

lorenzo 2015-01-24 16:59

Quote:

it' pretty useless feature since you must have wa connected on your phone
if you really need it, as already mentioned, VNC is a fair solution

ulex54 2015-01-24 20:09

hi, i was using wazapp on my n9. I've removed wazzapp and deleted the folders of it. Installed whatsup 1.1.4 registered with no problem. But i cant see anything. Its blank page. And it says 'equalization was done' over and over. What is the footsteps to get it work? thanks

blank page: no contacs or conversation history. but i can see the pages and settings.

CepiPerez 2015-01-24 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulex54 (Post 1457961)
hi, i was using wazapp on my n9. I've removed wazzapp and deleted the folders of it. Installed whatsup 1.1.4 registered with no problem. But i cant see anything. Its blank page. And it says 'equalization was done' over and over. What is the footsteps to get it work? thanks

blank page: no contacs or conversation history. but i can see the pages and settings.

Did you try restart it?

milad ghusn 2015-01-25 01:42

hi cepi : in active chats , whatsup still give me not responding (every 5 sec ) , what is the problem ??
i tryed clean install , reboot but not fixed
if the internet slow a bit , does it cause that??
thanks

CepiPerez 2015-01-25 02:17

I made a lot of changes in connection since 1.1.3
I'm not getting problems but you're not the only one who report this
I will revert connection changes for next update and see what happens
Please be patient.

praveenchand 2015-01-25 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by milad ghusn (Post 1458012)
hi cepi : in active chats , whatsup still give me not responding (every 5 sec ) , what is the problem ??
i tryed clean install , reboot but not fixed
if the internet slow a bit , does it cause that??
thanks

me too facing similar connection issues. To do clean install which all folders should be deleted after uninstalling whatsup?

ulex54 2015-01-25 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by CepiPerez (Post 1457971)
Did you try restart it?

many times. Now i can see my contacts and their last online times. But if i send a message, nothing happens. I still cant see the call history.

sid21177 2015-01-26 02:56

can we get a toggle to control the setting of "quit v/s background" on minimizing the app with swipe down ?? (regular quit app behavior)

something like "quit on minimize"