maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Accessories (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   GameGripper for N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50039)

Changegames 2010-08-03 18:15

Re: GameGripper for N900

lol i like clear ones too, and thank god they put another payment method :D

lvlonkey 2010-08-03 20:25

ordered. awesome product! i can finally play some street fighter on my n900

eternal 2010-08-03 21:56

Just ordered :) black with clear buttons, glad to see this finally released. Great to see you guys ship to australia too.

Looking forward to playing with it, will make emulators so much better.

breakd0wn 2010-08-04 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamegripper (Post 774399)
We hope to ship sooner than that. We are actually only waiting for the package to clear customs. We put the long lead because customs has burned us before and taken weeks to clear a package. Our European distributor asked us not to ship ours till he got his.

Just so you know, starting with the N900 model, we are the manufacturer. I bought/built a larger injection molding machine so that I could do them myself. This allowed us to get a material that had really high tear strength, a requirement for this model.

Thanks,
gg

Sounds good. Order just placed.

Bought the xbox version :)

inidrog 2010-08-04 01:04

Whats the story of the "Blue Rubber" buttons? Some buttons are hard plastic, others(color) are soft(er) rubber?

http://tinyurl.com/34al9sv (Picasaweb - Game Gripper)

See "more info" on the right side (Photo Information).

Are all the buttons same density/material?

redstar1949 2010-08-04 02:04

does anyone know if this will work if I have the larger sized mugen power battery? Maybe it's flexible enough to fit over the larger case?

gamegripper 2010-08-04 02:38

Basically we have a real cool manufacturer who makes our buttons. He will let us make stuff out of whatever material he has laying around. We don't have enough volume to justify ordering our own colorant. We started getting requests for rubber buttons so we asked him what he had. All he had was some clear rubber and some blue colorant for it. He made us 100 sets and we have hardly sold any. People like the hard plastic better because it feels more like a game pad, your fingers slide across the d-pad.

The N900 uses the same buttons as the Motorola Droid so you guys have access to almost all the colors. We had to discontinue pink, (sorry girls) we only have a few left and they are already assembled in Droid models.

We have sold around 4000 game grippers now and I haven't heard of a damaged phone yet. But I'm not buying someone a $500 phone if it does! So if you are worried about it please buy the rubber ones.

All the hard buttons are made of polycarbonate it starts out clear but depending on the colorant can come out clear, semi transparent or opaque. They all have the same density and hardness. The rubber is a food grade material called dynaflex. It has a hardness of 80 on the shore A scale.

I ordered some of the same rubber (accept it is black) for the main body of the N900 model. Luckily they let me order just a 50lb bag. Stuff like that often only comes by the gaylord.

Sorry if its more info than you wanted, but you did ask for the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inidrog (Post 774873)
Whats the story of the "Blue Rubber" buttons? Some buttons are hard plastic, others(color) are soft(er) rubber?

http://tinyurl.com/34al9sv (Picasaweb - Game Gripper)

See "more info" on the right side (Photo Information).

Are all the buttons same density/material?

tmarinos 2010-08-04 02:38

Only problem is my DrNokSnes buttons are configured incorrectly by default.

Does anyone else have this issue?

For example the DPAD is actually my arrow keys where as the DPAD is normally on the left of the controll pad, and the A B Y X buttons are on the left hand side, so its all backwards if you know what I mean.

komatosis 2010-08-04 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternal (Post 774777)
Just ordered :) black with clear buttons, glad to see this finally released. Great to see you guys ship to australia too.

Looking forward to playing with it, will make emulators so much better.

+1 Bought mine, cheap post to aust also, came to around $22 au!
Looking forward to it :)

gamegripper 2010-08-04 02:50

It is easy to remap your buttons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmarinos (Post 774934)
Only problem is my DrNokSnes buttons are configured incorrectly by default.

Does anyone else have this issue?

For example the DPAD is actually my arrow keys where as the DPAD is normally on the left of the controll pad, and the A B Y X buttons are on the left hand side, so its all backwards if you know what I mean.